Support road.cc

Like this site? Help us to make it better.

Giro Stage 17 - bunch sprint ?

How many sprinters will get over that last bump?
Will Cav?
I hope so....

If you're new please join in and if you have questions pop them below and the forum regulars will answer as best we can.

Add new comment

61 comments

Stumps | 10 years ago
0 likes

3,8,12 for me standard, not bad considering i had cav, vivi and nizzolo as my main point scorers.

enrique | 10 years ago
0 likes

Kudos to Cavendish! Pretty awesome effort!  1

Gkam84 | 10 years ago
0 likes

I took in Cav, Mezgec and Nizzolo for Uran, Nibali and Rollin today. Didn't lose to much, but ANNOYED that Le Bon has finally scored, after I removed him  14

johnny2names | 10 years ago
0 likes

3,8,10,11,12  22 gambled did not pay, went cav+nizzolo over modolo and ventoso, misread it - again

STEVESPRO 79 | 10 years ago
0 likes

In my opinion it was not only Navardauskas who did not realise that Gio Visconti was up the road....They were playing with each other for 8km, thinking that they were going for the stage....hard to know how it can happen with race radio....but it did.... Respect to Visconti though for his quick recovery after the Galibier win... And respect to those who had the balls and nous to pick him today....  41

Gkam84 | 10 years ago
0 likes

Belkov last again, would have been last yesterday because of Gavazzi got DQ's

giff77 | 10 years ago
0 likes

1,2,3,11,12 and 19 for me today.

TERatcliffe26 | 10 years ago
0 likes

Decent score in the context of things, and Cav for Nibs didn't cost me anything, if anything Felline for Santa cost me a couple of points, so did Kangert in, but that was more for tomorrow.

At least bringing in Nava yesterday reaped its rewards again  1

2,3,8,10,12 for me + Betancur, Kangert and Cav (Pellizotti only non-scorer)

Alan Tullett | 10 years ago
0 likes

Well, I said it wouldn't be a sprint.

Low score today but my team is set for tomorrow and the other days. I didn't have many transfers banked so I couldn't take too many risks in any case. Was thinking of bringing in Pozzatto though but didn't bother in the end as I would only have to ship him out again. Sanchez my main disappointment.

I hope the last weekend isn't totally ruined like the last one but we'll see. I won't make any transfers until the last minute when I know what the stages are actually going to be.

Looks like Ter and I are going to have very similar teams again. Although most people's will be similar from now on after some bifurcation.

TERatcliffe26 | 10 years ago
0 likes

I guess we shall see Alan, im taking out Cav, Felline and Nava. Think I will leave Mezgec in as Im not sure there is anyone I can bring in that is cheap enough. May take him out for Chalapud

Alan Tullett | 10 years ago
0 likes

Well, I've already got Kangert as well as I didn't try guessing today. Pellizotti will stay as will Chalapud. Would have been better off with Mezgec and just keeping him as a filler but might do that tomorrow depending on whether I go for a mountain point or GC strategy, which it seems will depend on the weather. Having Nava has definitely paid off for you. Didn't expect him or Visconti to do so well again but their teams haven't got anything else to play for I guess. I hope Visconti is not being helped by anything as he has had a chequered past!!

EUS and GRE still got nothing. Sammy/Verdugo and Weening/Meier to go on a long break over the weekend?

Couldn't watch live today as I had to work  20  20

Giro never my best tour, bring on the TdF!!

chiv30 | 10 years ago
0 likes

2 through to 7 in the forum scorum Giro is tight!
Guess the ITT result could shake things up , just hoping you guys above me need to make a penalty transfer or two or I outscore you by about 40 points tomorrow  39

JAndrewHill | 10 years ago
0 likes

Well Cav in for Nibali wasnt too bad and Appollonio for Pirazzi couldve been better, but I'm ready for tomorrow and still 2nd in forums scorums...

STEVESPRO 79 | 10 years ago
0 likes

'Bifurcation' - Personally think that enrique needs this far more than he needs premium...  1

ray silvester | 10 years ago
0 likes

'Bifurcation'-strong stimulant used by Visconti?

ray silvester replied to Alan Tullett | 10 years ago
0 likes
Alan Tullett wrote:

Well, I said it wouldn't be a sprint.

Low score today but my team is set for tomorrow and the other days. I didn't have many transfers banked so I couldn't take too many risks in any case. Was thinking of bringing in Pozzatto though but didn't bother in the end as I would only have to ship him out again. Sanchez my main disappointment.

I hope the last weekend isn't totally ruined like the last one but we'll see. I won't make any transfers until the last minute when I know what the stages are actually going to be.

Looks like Ter and I are going to have very similar teams again. Although most people's will be similar from now on after some bifurcation.

Bifurcation!!!

That's got to be the word of the day.....Bravo!!

TERatcliffe26 replied to STEVESPRO 79 | 10 years ago
0 likes
STEVESPRO 79 wrote:

'Bifurcation' - Personally think that enrique needs this far more than he needs premium...  1

He needs to split himself in two haha  39

livestrongnick | 10 years ago
0 likes

11 SANTAMBROGIO Mauro
Vini Fantini ,,
12 MAJKA Rafal
Team Saxo-Tinkoff ,,
13 TROFIMOV Yuri
Katusha Team ,,
14 MOUREY Francis
Equipe Cycliste FDJ ,,
15 BOARO Manuele
Team Saxo-Tinkoff ,,
16 LE BON Johan
Equipe Cycliste FDJ ,,
17 AGNOLI Valerio
Astana Pro Team ,,
18 SANTAROMITA Ivan
BMC Racing Team ,,
19 NIBALI Vincenzo
Astana Pro Team ,,
20 CATALDO Dario
Sky Procycling ,,

chiv30 | 10 years ago
0 likes

3,10 ,12,19 for me plus gc etc etc

Gambling isn't working for me  14

TheBigMong | 10 years ago
0 likes

1 Giovanni Visconti (Ita) Movistar Team 5:15:34
2 Ramunas Navardauskas (Ltu) Garmin-Sharp 0:00:19
3 Luka Mezgec (Slo) Team Argos-Shimano 0:00:19
4 Filippo Pozzato (Ita) Lampre-Merida 0:00:19
5 Danilo Hondo (Ger) RadioShack Leopard 0:00:19
6 Salvatore Puccio (Ita) Sky Procycling 0:00:19
7 Sacha Modolo (Ita) Bardiani Valvole-CSF Inox 0:00:19
8 Fabio Felline (Ita) Androni Giocattoli 0:00:19
9 Francisco José Ventoso Alberdi (Spa) Movistar Team 0:00:19
10 Cadel Evans (Aus) BMC Racing Team 0:00:19

0 likes

4 & 10 bloody great  2

0 likes

1, 3, 4, 10 for me (at least) so yeah, sometimes you just gotta do... nothing.  4

EDIT - actually, I think it was just 1 and 10. It's hard to read names that are spelled out with 4 or 5 pixels each.  7

0 likes

wow that didn't go to plan.....great racing again though!

enrique replied to livestrongnick | 10 years ago
0 likes
livestrongnick wrote:

...great racing again though!

Wow, yeah!  1

0 likes

That's damn near a perfect ride for Visconti! WTG!  16

0 likes

enrique | 10 years ago
0 likes