Support road.cc

Like this site? Help us to make it better.

Giro D'Italia - Tappa 16

Go!

Not telling anyone who I've picked till the window's closed, but I've taken a few risks on this one. Anyone else got anything they want to say?

If you're new please join in and if you have questions pop them below and the forum regulars will answer as best we can.

Add new comment

123 comments

cherrypicked | 10 years ago
0 likes

Great stage. Just wish I could sit on my hands a bit more. I took out Majka, Niemiec and Uran for Pirazzi, Visconti and Paolini. arrgh

Is there a prize for the biggest net loss of points due to transfers!?!

TERatcliffe26 | 10 years ago
0 likes

I think Kangert has cemented his place in my thoughts for thursday  39

stevemarks replied to TERatcliffe26 | 10 years ago
0 likes
TERatcliffe26 wrote:

I think Kangert has cemented his place in my thoughts for thursday  39

and Aru was back too.

chrisdstripes | 10 years ago
0 likes

Felline 20th! GET IN.

Seriously tho', one of the best days of the tour so far. Totally unexpected to me, no idea whether that's naivety or whether it was a genuinely surprising outcome but I fully expected a 10-man break to be let off the leash and finish ten mins clear. I guess the break was so big that a couple of teams decided they couldn't let it go especially with Caruso in there.

No regrets fantasy-wise - you never know what will happen the next day! I'll keep all my breakaway guys, add Cav and Nizzo and maybe another, then make a load of penalty transfers for the TT and see what comes out.

Just looked at the profiles for 19 and 20 - still a helluva long way to go!

chrisdstripes replied to cherrypicked | 10 years ago
0 likes
cherrypicked wrote:

Great stage. Just wish I could sit on my hands a bit more. I took out Majka, Niemiec and Uran for Pirazzi, Visconti and Paolini. arrgh

Is there a prize for the biggest net loss of points due to transfers!?!

Ha! I took out Pirazzi, Weening, Sammy Sanchez and Majka! The four I replaced them with scored a total of one point. But they will be the top 4 tomorrow I'm sure...

(How is this guy in the top 20 overall? I hear you cry - and believe me I have no idea either...)

STEVESPRO 79 | 10 years ago
0 likes

3,5,6,8,10,12,14 + minor points for J-Rod the 2nd and Santambrogio....And 7 transfers for tomorrow....Sorry enrique...  1

TERatcliffe26 | 10 years ago
0 likes

4,5,6,8,10,11 and 12 for me  39 + santambrogio and Di Luca's sprint points, should be solid. Thinking Felline, Cav + another for tomorrow  39

The Chaplin | 10 years ago
0 likes

Picked a load of Colombians - I figured they'd be up for sorting out last week of tour!

chiv30 | 10 years ago
0 likes

Well.....my gamble wasn't totally worthless , dropped niemic for Sammy plus had di Luca in , I saw it as Sammy attacking on the final descent and time trialing his way to a stage win  7 not seen the stage yet so have no idea how it panned out ....still may have lost some places  20

chrisdstripes | 10 years ago
0 likes

OK - so Roux has now been removed, presumably a DNF today. Three times in a week now that an FDJ rider has abandoned my team - best not pick Pinot in the TDF if I want to see Madiot's car-banging antics again...

drheaton | 10 years ago
0 likes

Not doing anything was pretty much worth it, dont think I'll have scored heavily but doubt I'll lose too much ground.

Have 8 transfers now for tomorrow plus 2 more after tomorrow mean I can bring in and take out again 5 sprinters.

Thinking Cav, Nizzolo, Viviani plus a couple more although I could also be tempted to just bring in 3 or 4 and bank the transfers for later.

drheaton | 10 years ago
0 likes

Cycling fever listed Roux as DNF along with Phinney and Wynants for today.

Ghedebrav | 10 years ago
0 likes

Well that went well  14  14  14

Twisted when I should've stuck.  20

Still, fabulous day's racing, so vafanculo to the fantasy points, I'm binning today off! My plan for tomorrow continues, I shall bring in one (1) transfer and save one for the ITT.

stevemarks | 10 years ago
0 likes

Well that is one possiblity removed from tomorrow.

Gavazzi thrown off the Giro for getting a tow. Suppose he will not even pick up the 10 points for lantern rouge today and my purist team is down to 6.

20  20  20  20  20  20  20  20  20  20

TERatcliffe26 replied to STEVESPRO 79 | 10 years ago
0 likes
STEVESPRO 79 wrote:

3,5,6,8,10,12,14 + minor points for J-Rod the 2nd and Santambrogio....And 7 transfers for tomorrow....Sorry enrique...  1

Congrats on the stage win  41

TheBigMong replied to stevemarks | 10 years ago
0 likes
stevemarks wrote:

Gavazzi thrown off the Giro for getting a tow. Suppose he will not even pick up the 10 points for lantern rouge today and my purist team is down to 6.

Doesn't that also mean everyone loses any points he earned them during the entire Giro? What about badges?

TERatcliffe26 replied to TheBigMong | 10 years ago
0 likes
TheBigMong wrote:
stevemarks wrote:

Doesn't that also mean everyone loses any points he earned them during the entire Giro? What about badges?

I don't think so, he wasn't thrown off for drugs or anything, It will of been due to actions on this stage alone, so its more like a DNF in my opinion

drheaton | 10 years ago
0 likes

Yeah, it'll just be a standard DNF rather than a drugs DQ and stripping of points.

179 for me today, only Garzelli away from a full house. Had been tempted to bring in loads of sprinters but will probably only bring in a couple as tomorrow could go the same way as today if the peloton is that way inclined.

simon F | 10 years ago
0 likes

I couldn't decide what to do and since I had to go over to my brother's first thing, I just left it alone. 193 pts! Only thing is, I need to move house - green arrows across the board except for the W.Mids region league where I dropped 3 places. WTF?

dave atkinson replied to TheBigMong | 10 years ago
0 likes
TheBigMong wrote:
stevemarks wrote:

rules have changed this year: DQs lose points for the stage but keep them for previous stages.

have to remove his LR points then folks, sorry  1

Alan Tullett | 10 years ago
0 likes

171, Uran to Caruso cost me 18 points and he was in the break all day and didn't get a single point. Otherwise I would have had a full house. Cannondale have been useless in this race and they're an Italian team!!! I was hoping for something for them today but won't bother with them again, (Viviani will win tomorrow now of course). But my other transfers made a profit so not all bad. My mistake came on Sat. night when I took out Pirazzi thinking it would be a shortened stage and then it wasn't. Should've waited till the morning then but glad I brought him back today. Waste of 2 transfers though. Sammy didn't score me many points but at least he had a go!! He might try again tomorrow.

Probably take one risk tomorrow but not a sprinter, more an AR guy. Not convinced it'll be a sprint with a reasonable climb near the end, at least 1k at 10%+ if you haven't done the research, and plenty of people going on the attack.

dave atkinson | 10 years ago
0 likes

pft. made one change. took out niemiec.  22

drheaton | 10 years ago
0 likes

I think tomorrow could go either way. If Cav can place in the top three he pretty much wraps up the Maglia Rossa (assuming he podiums on 21) so I think he'll be keen to have a break brought back and Viviani still seems to have designs on the jersey too as he's been racing for minor placing at the sprints throughout the race so there's motivation to have a sprint tomorrow.

On the other hand I agree that plenty of teams are stage hunting and plenty of riders are being aggressive which threatens a sprint. I think it may come down to what GreenEdge want to do tomorrow. If they have confidence in Goes then theyll bring the break back and set up Cav for the win, otherwise if Weening gets in the break they may let it go and we might see a breakaway win.

Given the peloton pulled back a 22 man group today I can't see a break being given too much leeway so I'm going for a sprint finish.

letsgoup | 10 years ago
0 likes

102  102  102  102  102  102  102  102  102  102  102  102
Left Gavazzi in as was convinced he would continue to lingerat the back. It was always 50/50 for a lanterne rouge. Gutted to loose the points. Took out Neimec for Pirazzi which is ok as he outscored Neimec in the end but I toyed with Pirazzi in for Santambrogio for ages. I don't know if I've done well or not today now.  2  1  2  1  2  1  2  1

simon F replied to simon F | 10 years ago
0 likes
simon F wrote:

green arrows across the board except for the W.Mids region league where I dropped 3 places. WTF?

Actually, really wtf? - the 3 above haven't changed position so how did I drop 3 places from (probably) 4th to 4th? Not an important point - I'm just curious.

letsgoup | 10 years ago
0 likes

I now really really really hate Gavazzi. I'm loosing a 180, full house and a lanterne rouge badge because of him.  20  20  20  20 Surely he should get a 2 year ban. I mean its not like he sat down and ate a steak or anything. This is serious Road C.C. Fantasy treason  33  33

JAndrewHill | 10 years ago
0 likes

Two subs scored zilch. If I Had Stuck Would Have Eleven More pts.  20

TheBigMong replied to letsgoup | 10 years ago
0 likes
letsgoup wrote:

I now really really really hate Gavazzi. I'm loosing a 180, full house and a lanterne rouge badge because of him.  20  20  20  20 Surely he should get a 2 year ban. I mean its not like he sat down and ate a steak or anything. This is serious Road C.C. Fantasy treason  33  33

I'm sure the guilt he now carries having screwed over so many road.cc-ers is greater than the shame he feels for getting himself kicked out of the Giro.  4

Wig_Billy | 10 years ago
0 likes

Forget about badges, he's ruined my purist team's consistent streak; 147, 148, 146, 149, 146(-10)...  20

enrique | 10 years ago
0 likes
Jonas Lorenzen wrote:

..do nothing..  22

Best advice ever!  1

drheaton wrote:

... if I save my transfers I get 8 tomorrow so I'll make 5 then another 5 ahead of the TT.

Wow... How sad I can't share your joy  20

TERatcliffe26 wrote:

Took the risk of Navadauskas for Niemiec...

Brilliant!  1

STEVESPRO 79 wrote:

... Glad that I banked my transfers now....  1

Nice!  1

STEVESPRO 79 wrote:

... And 7 transfers for tomorrow....Sorry enrique...  1

Don't be... I know you work hard for your money and spend it on nice little things for yourself like this game and all your hard work and diligence in playing this game pay off in nice little ways like winning today's stage...

drheaton wrote:

Not doing anything was pretty much worth it... Have 8 transfers now for tomorrow plus 2 more after tomorrow mean I can bring in and take out again 5 sprinters...

Ah! The joy of being Premium!  1

TERatcliffe26 wrote:

Congrats on the stage win  41

Pages

Latest Comments