Support road.cc

Like this site? Help us to make it better.

Giro D'Italia - Tappa 16

Go!

Not telling anyone who I've picked till the window's closed, but I've taken a few risks on this one. Anyone else got anything they want to say?

If you're new please join in and if you have questions pop them below and the forum regulars will answer as best we can.

Add new comment

123 comments

TheBigMong replied to stevemarks | 10 years ago
0 likes
stevemarks wrote:

Well that is one possiblity removed from tomorrow.

Gavazzi thrown off the Giro for getting a tow. Suppose he will not even pick up the 10 points for lantern rouge today and my purist team is down to 6.

20  20  20  20  20  20  20  20  20  20

Doesn't that also mean everyone loses any points he earned them during the entire Giro? What about badges?

simon F replied to simon F | 10 years ago
0 likes
simon F wrote:

green arrows across the board except for the W.Mids region league where I dropped 3 places. WTF?

Actually, really wtf? - the 3 above haven't changed position so how did I drop 3 places from (probably) 4th to 4th? Not an important point - I'm just curious.

TheBigMong replied to letsgoup | 10 years ago
0 likes
letsgoup wrote:

I now really really really hate Gavazzi. I'm loosing a 180, full house and a lanterne rouge badge because of him.  20  20  20  20 Surely he should get a 2 year ban. I mean its not like he sat down and ate a steak or anything. This is serious Road C.C. Fantasy treason  33  33

I'm sure the guilt he now carries having screwed over so many road.cc-ers is greater than the shame he feels for getting himself kicked out of the Giro.  4

TERatcliffe26 replied to TheBigMong | 10 years ago
0 likes
TheBigMong wrote:
stevemarks wrote:

Gavazzi thrown off the Giro for getting a tow. Suppose he will not even pick up the 10 points for lantern rouge today and my purist team is down to 6.

Doesn't that also mean everyone loses any points he earned them during the entire Giro? What about badges?

I don't think so, he wasn't thrown off for drugs or anything, It will of been due to actions on this stage alone, so its more like a DNF in my opinion

ray silvester replied to simon F | 10 years ago
0 likes
simon F wrote:
simon F wrote:

green arrows across the board except for the W.Mids region league where I dropped 3 places. WTF?

Actually, really wtf? - the 3 above haven't changed position so how did I drop 3 places from (probably) 4th to 4th? Not an important point - I'm just curious.

Could the 3 have just joind the West Mids League?

simon F replied to ray silvester | 10 years ago
0 likes
ray silvester wrote:
simon F wrote:
simon F wrote:

Could the 3 have just joind the West Mids League?

2 of them are NeilG83 and TERatcliffe26 who've been there for ages. The league now shows them as having swapped positions (2<->3) and 1st remaining in 1st (grey arrow), whilst I went down 4 to 3. I'm not really bothered by any of this - it just looked odd.

dave atkinson replied to TheBigMong | 10 years ago
0 likes
TheBigMong wrote:
stevemarks wrote:

rules have changed this year: DQs lose points for the stage but keep them for previous stages.

have to remove his LR points then folks, sorry  1

ray silvester replied to cherrypicked | 10 years ago
0 likes
cherrypicked wrote:

Great stage. Just wish I could sit on my hands a bit more. I took out Majka, Niemiec and Uran for Pirazzi, Visconti and Paolini. arrgh

Is there a prize for the biggest net loss of points due to transfers!?!

That would be a great badge.....we could call it the 'Matt White Doh!!' award?

ray silvester | 10 years ago
0 likes

Reinforcements have come up, with Di Luca, Atapuma, Caruso & Chalapud joining the break.

ray silvester | 10 years ago
0 likes

Credit:Cycling News ticker  16

drheaton | 10 years ago
0 likes

Pirazzi and Chalapud in the break, I assume those two plus Rodriguez and the two Movistar riders will go after the climb (Movistar in order to maybe limit Visconti's losses in case he wants to go after the jersey).

Had considered Rodriguez and Capecchi today but with a break that big anyone could take the win.

drheaton | 10 years ago
0 likes

This was my other concern with chasing the break. Unless you pick the winner or someone placing in the top 10 from a 22 man break you're not likely to score heavily on a stage like today because there are so many riders and points only being awarded to the first 6 at sprints and the cat 1 climb.

Stumps | 10 years ago
0 likes

Typical i brought in Felline for Chalapud - story of my Giro  2

Wig_Billy | 10 years ago
0 likes

Damn, looks like I wasted 3 transfers. This might be a good time for me to put fantasy cycling on the back burner, and just enjoy watching the final week of the Giro. (I'll keep an eye on my purist team though ;)).

Stumps | 10 years ago
0 likes

1st climb - Rodriguez, Pirazzi, Sella

TERatcliffe26 | 10 years ago
0 likes

Id like to think if this break stayed away ive got a good chance of 2 in the top 5/10 with Di Luca and Nava, but we shall see. Hopefully they may go for sprint points  39

At least I have 6 riders that will score something.
Maybe should have gone Pirazzi or J-Rod II but wanted to save transfers for tomorrow/thursday

Alan Tullett | 10 years ago
0 likes

Got 4 in the break. Pirazzi and Chalapud, Di Luca and Caruso. Was hoping for Sanchez too. If it doesn't stay away. I'm f#####!

Gkam84 | 10 years ago
0 likes

Where is the FDJ break man.....god damn it. I took in two guys for the break today

Dominique Rollin and Thomas Dekker  14

johnny2names | 10 years ago
0 likes

14:55:27 CEST
Fabio Felline of Androni has jumped from the field and has a few meters' lead. Is he seriously trying to move up? No. He stopped to greet family and friends on the side of the road.

from cyclingnews live feed.

Might be his only mention of the day for you and me stumps!

drheaton | 10 years ago
0 likes

Given that the break hasn't been given more than 5 minutes I can't see this sticking but I could be wrong.

If it doesn't stick then I'd expect a few attacks on the last climb (possibly Sanchez?) with a view to getting out in front and trying to stay away till the end. That means a fast and frenetic climb that might drop even the stronger sprinters.

drheaton | 10 years ago
0 likes

In hindsight, if you wanted to stage hunt today it might have been worth picking a team of strong sprinters (Mezgec, Nizzolo etc) as they may still get their shot today. Plus, I can't see many people predicting that outcome.

0 likes

I was thinking of Nizzolo for tomorrow as well as someone else of that ilk.

0 likes

At least some points for Di Luca in the sprint, seems my Navadauskas risk hasn't paid off  39

drheaton | 10 years ago
0 likes

Don't know, apparently Navardauskas has just jumped up to the lead trio and flown straight past them.

0 likes

its all Caruso's fault, so selfish of him, he should drop back to the peleton so the break can stay away  20  19

0 likes

Sorry about that Ter. It's all because I picked him!

chrisdstripes | 10 years ago
0 likes

Fascinating stuff - still no idea what's going to happen!

0 likes

6k @8.4%. Max 13%!

This is for Paolini, Sanchez, maybe Caruso if he didn't use up too much energy! Plus numerous others.

0 likes

At least Nava is with the leaders, Di Luca is back in the bunch.

Anyone know who took the 2nd sprint?

I don't think it will be a sprint (as in no Cav etc, Di Luca for the win now he is back in the bunch)

0 likes

Santambrogio dropped

Not sure tomorrow is gonna be a sprint either now  39

Should have kept Niemiec

Pages

Latest Comments