Support road.cc

Like this site? Help us to make it better.

Giro D'Italia - Tappa 16

Go!

Not telling anyone who I've picked till the window's closed, but I've taken a few risks on this one. Anyone else got anything they want to say?

If you're new please join in and if you have questions pop them below and the forum regulars will answer as best we can.

Add new comment

123 comments

johnny2names replied to drheaton | 10 years ago
0 likes
drheaton wrote:

Seeing as my team is unchanged (and you can find it if you really want) I may as well just announce:

Evans
Nibali
Uran
Santambrogio
Betancur
Majka
Pirazzi
Garzelli
Chalapud

First 6 for GC, last 3 for break points although if it's a decent sized group at the finish I could see Evans and Santambrogio contesting the sprint for red jersey points and maybe Betancur trying to jump away on the last climb to get that illusive stage win.

well, there you go. a perfect case study. I had exactly the same squad as you, I have swapped garzelli for di luca ( may regret that) and uran for felline ( he came 2nd behind battaglin on stage 4, the profile has similarities) . we can compare the two strategies later this afternoon! I'm minded to have those 2 for tomorrow also, so not a complete one stage gamble...

TERatcliffe26 | 10 years ago
0 likes

Took the risk of Navadauskas for Niemiec, may live to regret that one, but as its a flat finish I can't see Niemiec scoring many finish line points anyway

chrisdstripes | 10 years ago
0 likes

I know the smart move is to bank transfers, but predicting the break on a day like giday is much more fun!

johnny2names replied to chrisdstripes | 10 years ago
0 likes
chrisdstripes wrote:

I know the smart move is to bank transfers, but predicting the break on a day like giday is much more fun!

hehe for sure.

Also, not gonna go up any league tables now by sitting tight,as mentioned yesterday. sh*t or bust time....

johnny2names | 10 years ago
0 likes

couldnt help myself, did 2 transfers.i think a break away makes it, and if not then we are looking at a couple of guys making it stick over last hill and/or a 20/40 strong group contesting the final. in which case the gc guys can score top 20 points... But put 2 transfers in anyway , with a watchful eye to tomorrow, which is not 100% guarranteed sprint, in my eyes....

backflipbedlem | 10 years ago
0 likes

yea likewise, think my team is pretty solid for today, difficult to call. Keep banking them transfers for next couple of days!

drheaton | 10 years ago
0 likes

Yeah, happier to bank the transfers and just hope my guaranteed GC and other standing points give me a reasonable score.

It also helps that I already have two or three possibles for the break though.

STEVESPRO 79 | 10 years ago
0 likes

Likewise today...no transfers....Too difficult to call this one....Not sure that a break will be allowed to go all the way....

drheaton | 10 years ago
0 likes

Not making any transfers today, don't really know how the stage will play out and if I save my transfers I get 8 tomorrow so I'll make 5 then another 5 ahead of the TT.

Hopefully I win both stages and shoot up the table just so I can annoy enrique.

dave atkinson | 10 years ago
0 likes

you can only bank a maximum of four. so tomorrow you'd have four

c4rolina | 10 years ago
0 likes

Question please:

As a non premium player I have 4 transfers today, if I do not use any will I get 6 tomorrow or will I lose 2 of them?

chrisdstripes | 10 years ago
0 likes

3 break guys in for me! Got to buy a ticket...

Ghedebrav | 10 years ago
0 likes

Oh, and I also brought in an Italian (not Di Luca). May regret once again not selecting Mezgec.

Ghedebrav | 10 years ago
0 likes

I have made transfers... four of 'em.

Seriously seriously considered Cav, but in the end didn't go for him. Instead gone for punchy folk in good form who can haul over those initial climbs and stay away.

I have kept some of the GC types though, as transfer-wise I have a plan (that probably won't work) to get the most out of the ITT.

captain_slog | 10 years ago
0 likes

All these frustratingly cagey comments.

Well I may have made some transfers. Or I may not. There.

0 likes

One transfer made

chiv30 | 10 years ago
0 likes

Well I need to make ground so I've made a dual gamble ..... One is Italian and that's all ill say till transfer deadline  7

0 likes

yeah, nothing like riding home to give you a boost  3

obutterwick | 10 years ago
0 likes

Yeah, day for a break. 2 in, 2 transfers saved. There's someone on home turf who may be worth looking at...  3

Stumps | 10 years ago
0 likes

Its a long way home after the 1st cat but will the sprinters teams want to chase it down or will they want to keep their powder dry for stage 17, a dead cert for a sprint.

My selections have been shite so far so i'm keeping my team set for the mountains then change for stage 17.

0 likes

Just one change for me. saving up they transfers for the flat bit and the ITT

0 likes

good day for a break i reck

stevemarks | 10 years ago
0 likes

I think it's a sprint, Cavs has been climbing well and he'll want to keep the red jersey. Probably go, Benetti, Belletti and Modolo too.  13

TERatcliffe26 replied to stevemarks | 10 years ago
0 likes
stevemarks wrote:

I think it's a sprint, Cavs has been climbing well and he'll want to keep the red jersey. Probably go, Benetti, Belletti and Modolo too.  13

A sprint tomorrow? really  39

JAndrewHill replied to TERatcliffe26 | 10 years ago
0 likes
TERatcliffe26 wrote:
stevemarks wrote:

I Am Doing My Usual Italian transfer. Nibali might win The Race Downhill.
It Wont Be a Sprint. There. I said it. I think a Break Will Stay Away And The Sprinters Will Give up.

stevemarks replied to JAndrewHill | 10 years ago
0 likes
JAndrewHill wrote:
TERatcliffe26 wrote:
stevemarks wrote:

I Am Doing My Usual Italian transfer. Nibali might win The Race Downhill.
It Wont Be a Sprint. There. I said it. I think a Break Will Stay Away And The Sprinters Will Give up.

Yes I know! the break will probably stay away, can't a guy have a little fun on the forum these days?

Di Luca, Nizzolo (for tomorrow),Mezgec, Fellini or just save them for tomorrow. Still not sure.

0 likes

I don't dare, well I do, I had already brought in Di Luca and Pellizotti...

Tempted to take a punt on a certain garmin rider.

Cav said he wont be competing in 17, gotta work out if he is bluffing on that yet  39

ray silvester replied to TERatcliffe26 | 10 years ago
0 likes
TERatcliffe26 wrote:

I don't dare, well I do, I had already brought in Di Luca and Pellizotti...

Tempted to take a punt on a certain garmin rider.

Cav said he wont be competing in 17, gotta work out if he is bluffing on that yet  39

Ramunas? if so he's in the break

So is J-Rod II  14

so is Pirazzi  4

The Break then:
Danny Pate (Sky), Wilco Kelderman (Blanco), Eros Capecchi (Movistar), Jose Herrada (Movistar), Grega Bole (Vacansoleil DCM), Tobias Ludvigsson (Argos), Christian Meier (Orica GreenEDGE), Stefano Pirazzi (Bardiani), Matteo Rabottini (Vini Fantini), Jackson Rodriguez (Androni), Emanuele Sella (Androni), Jose Serpa (Lampre-Merida), Rory Sutherland (Saxo-Tinkoff), Gorka Verdugo (Euskaltel), Pieter Weening (Orica GreenEDGE) and Ramunas Navardauskas (Garmin-Sharp)

some decent powerhouses in there.....Ramunas,Wilco,Pate,Meier,Ludwig would be a decent start to a Time Trial team.

drheaton | 10 years ago
0 likes

Not even checked the profile...

Cavendish yeah?  19

northstar | 10 years ago
0 likes

loses or wins...

Pages

Latest Comments