Support road.cc

Like this site? Help us to make it better.

Giro D'Italia - Tappa 16

Go!

Not telling anyone who I've picked till the window's closed, but I've taken a few risks on this one. Anyone else got anything they want to say?

If you're new please join in and if you have questions pop them below and the forum regulars will answer as best we can.

Add new comment

123 comments

Alan Tullett | 10 years ago
0 likes

Pirazzi trying hard. Could come together on the descent with a reasonable size group. Sanchez still in there!

0 likes

Santabroglio missing and I don't have him today. Got Pirazzi instead.

0 likes

Betancur and Sanchez on the front! Please stay away!

TERatcliffe26 | 10 years ago
0 likes

Glad I didn't take massive risks todady, still should have just left it as it was!

Noo we don't want Sanchez to stay away  3 can't have you catching me in the overall

drheaton | 10 years ago
0 likes

Betancur for the win hopefully, he deserves it.

0 likes

Gutted Nava didn't hang in

0 likes

Got quite a few in the final group. Go Sanchez!

drheaton | 10 years ago
0 likes

Pirazzi goes again, not bothered if he wins, he's in too many other teams and Wig_Billy has him in his purist team so hoping he doesn't make it.

A Majka win would be ideal for me  4

0 likes

that is what you call karma for taking out Niemiec!

TheBigMong | 10 years ago
0 likes

Inxausti nails it!

0 likes

Damn! Good day's racing though!

0 likes

Nava in 4th haha not too bad then only lost out on about 7 points

0 likes

Should be another full house, as I think Santambrogio will still be in the top 10  39

0 likes

4,5,6,8,10,11 and 12 for me  39 + santambrogio and Di Luca's sprint points, should be solid. Thinking Felline, Cav + another for tomorrow  39

johnny2names replied to Stumps | 10 years ago
0 likes
stumps wrote:

Typical i brought in Felline for Chalapud - story of my Giro  2

not all is lost! ive got him in case it comes back, think he could contest the finish in that situation- along with evans etc...

Alan Tullett replied to Wig_Billy | 10 years ago
0 likes
Wig_Billy wrote:

Damn, looks like I wasted 3 transfers. This might be a good time for me to put fantasy cycling on the back burner, and just enjoy watching the final week of the Giro. (I'll keep an eye on my purist team though ;)).

Giving up! I was out of the top hundred this stage last year in the Tour (usually my best race). Won a stage with the prize I wanted and finished 20th.

Got 4 in the break today. They might stay away though I doubt if they will and maybe Caruso will do well as I don't think many have hiim, although he is quite high in GC. Still got Sanchez, Nibali and Evans if the break is caught and there is a downhill attack. Might leave my team alone for tomorrow as it's not a certain sprint.

Alan Tullett replied to drheaton | 10 years ago
0 likes
drheaton wrote:

Given that the break hasn't been given more than 5 minutes I can't see this sticking but I could be wrong.

If it doesn't stick then I'd expect a few attacks on the last climb (possibly Sanchez?) with a view to getting out in front and trying to stay away till the end. That means a fast and frenetic climb that might drop even the stronger sprinters.

If my break strategy doesn't stick that's what I'm hoping for as I've got Sanchez as well.

Gap coming down fast, not going to last till the climb at this rate unless the break get going.

stevemarks replied to drheaton | 10 years ago
0 likes
drheaton wrote:

In hindsight, if you wanted to stage hunt today it might have been worth picking a team of strong sprinters (Mezgec, Nizzolo etc) as they may still get their shot today. Plus, I can't see many people predicting that outcome.

......and now possibly it all comes back to a sprint and the miraculous Cav win  19  19  19

stevemarks replied to Alan Tullett | 10 years ago
0 likes
Alan Tullett wrote:

Damn! Good day's racing though!

+1

magnificat!

ray silvester | 10 years ago
0 likes

Surely this is THE Sammy stage?

Sanchez and Paolini in for J-Rod II and Scarponi but left plenty of GC/KOM/Youth points in the bag.

5 transfers for tomorrow

captain_slog | 10 years ago
0 likes

Yeah, been reading around, people are saying Bak, Cataldo, maybe Clement...

chrisdstripes | 10 years ago
0 likes

Bak, roux, felline & mezgec in...

STEVESPRO 79 | 10 years ago
0 likes

If I had have gambled today.....I was going to go Weening, Navardauskas and Sabatini.....Greenedge and Cannondale need more out of this Giro...

NIBALI
EVANS
SANTAMBROGIO
NIEMIEC
BETANCUR
PIRAZZI
PELLIZOTTI
RODRIGUEZ
MAJKA

Wig_Billy | 10 years ago
0 likes

I said I was going to be conservative with my transfers for the rest of the race... I lied :evil:.
Chasing the break again;

Duarte
Bak
Rodriguez
Pirazzi
Caruso
Chalapud

Evans
Uran
Betancur

No transfers tomorrow, then I can get my team back into shape for the MTT.

johnny2names replied to Wig_Billy | 10 years ago
0 likes
Wig_Billy wrote:

I said I was going to be conservative with my transfers for the rest of the race... I lied :evil:.
Chasing the break again;

Duarte
Bak
Rodriguez
Pirazzi
Caruso
Chalapud

Evans
Uran
Betancur

No transfers tomorrow, then I can get my team back into shape for the MTT.

wow, that is way ballsier than me. Well, good luck with that! you obviously dont fancy a sprint tomorrow either then...

Ghedebrav | 10 years ago
0 likes

Balls out of the bath: I've got Oss, Tamouridis, Martens and J-Rod (Venezuela). Hoping for a classics-esque stage (was *this* close to picking Weening, hopefully that won't bite me in the bum).

0 likes

Evans
Nibali
Uran
Santambrogio
Betancur
Majka
Di Luca
Pellizotti
Navadauskas

Expect a small group at the finish, Di Luca, Evans Santambrogio will probably sprint it out. Also I think Navadauskas could make the finish which is why I took the risk on him over Niemiec

livestrongnick | 10 years ago
0 likes

Staying as i am, gives me 8 transfers tomorrow. 17 looks more sprinter friendly  26

enrique replied to livestrongnick | 10 years ago
0 likes
livestrongnick wrote:

Staying as i am, gives me 8 transfers tomorrow. 17 looks more sprinter friendly  26

8 transfers... wow...

drheaton | 10 years ago
0 likes

Seeing as my team is unchanged (and you can find it if you really want) I may as well just announce:

Evans
Nibali
Uran
Santambrogio
Betancur
Majka
Pirazzi
Garzelli
Chalapud

First 6 for GC, last 3 for break points although if it's a decent sized group at the finish I could see Evans and Santambrogio contesting the sprint for red jersey points and maybe Betancur trying to jump away on the last climb to get that illusive stage win.

Pages

Latest Comments