Is it considered naff to wear roadcc kit?

by londonplayer   May 20, 2013  

I won a roadcc jersey a few months back in the Fantasy Cycling comp. I didn't come first. Dave said he selected me at random. I'm a bit suspicious that others may have been given one for free also to help promote the Farrelly Atkinson global business empire.

So, my question is, should I wear it? And is it worth the risk of being mistaken for Dave or Tony whilst out on the bike? Is it "naff" or "w****"?

Please advise.

11 user comments

Oldest firstNewest firstBest rated

as long as you slam that stem and you're running a standard chainset and a straight-through block, you'll be fine.

Dave Atkinson's picture

posted by Dave Atkinson [7286 posts]
20th May 2013 - 11:43

like this
Like (1)

'cause that way you'll *never* get mistaken for me or tony Big Grin

Dave Atkinson's picture

20th May 2013 - 11:43

like this
Like (0)

I have the Road.cc kit, you'll never get mistaken for me either, unless you have a better beard than me??

No its not naff to wear it, you are now part of the club and, not knowing how many kits are out there, I don't think you'll come across another one very often Wink

Gkam84's picture

posted by Gkam84 [8765 posts]
20th May 2013 - 12:13

like this
Like (1)

I have the socks - which me daughter bought me - however they used to clash with my bike so I had to go and buy a bike that doesn't!

It's all Dave's fault! Wink

posted by Super Domestique [1598 posts]
20th May 2013 - 12:28

like this
Like (4)

Well if they are giving it away for free I'd wear it.

cidermart's picture

posted by cidermart [459 posts]
20th May 2013 - 13:20

like this
Like (1)

You won't be mistaken for Dave or Tony. They only wear freebies from Rapha. (Retires to safe distance).

posted by The Rumpo Kid [590 posts]
20th May 2013 - 13:24

like this
Like (3)

The Rumpo Kid wrote:
You won't be mistaken for Dave or Tony. They only wear freebies from Rapha. (Retires to safe distance).

With or without the Sky logo?

posted by Super Domestique [1598 posts]
20th May 2013 - 13:26

like this
Like (3)

Super Domestique wrote:
The Rumpo Kid wrote:

With or without the Sky logo?

Rolling On The Floor Rolling On The Floor Rolling On The Floor pure class.

giff77's picture

posted by giff77 [1044 posts]
20th May 2013 - 14:58

like this
Like (2)

I don't think wearing road.cc kit is naff at all, in the same way that it's fine to wear club kit. If you don't want it, send it my way!

Last night I would have considered trading a very loud baby for a really nice bike.

posted by notfastenough [3046 posts]
20th May 2013 - 17:05

like this
Like (2)

I would be honoured to wear Road cc kit.
Not only because it would associate me with an excellent and award winning website but i could also possibly be mistaken for one of their handsome and debonair staff members.

ps

can i have some free stuff please?

posted by Some Fella [738 posts]
20th May 2013 - 19:50

like this
Like (2)

The Rumpo Kid wrote:

Smile

Dave Atkinson's picture

20th May 2013 - 19:56

like this
Like (1)