Support road.cc

Like this site? Help us to make it better.

Why is it considered wanky to wear sky kit

Apologies if the intricacies of the Scottish language is lost on you all  4
But I've noticed a few derisory comments about people wearing sky kit to sportives etc. why is it considered naff?

If you're new please join in and if you have questions pop them below and the forum regulars will answer as best we can.

Add new comment

161 comments

Jamescorbridge | 10 years ago
0 likes

Just ride guys. And if you're buying Italian, go a size up......

Philsopinion | 10 years ago
0 likes

Can't say I studiously went through each comment but the ones I had read (too many) led me to pick up on "all this rubbish" and a few too many people needlessly commenting on individuals taste.

Nothing wrong with proudly showing a little team allegiance especially after Froomes fantastic efforts yesterday.

bashthebox | 10 years ago
0 likes

Yesterday I saw an XXL full Sky pro kit panting up a gentle incline, and last year's Sky World Champ in a similar size doing a similar thing. I have nothing against people being out of shape - we've all got to start somewhere - but spending £430 in a slightly misguided attempt to look like Chris Froome marks you out as.... something.

Mind you I'm not one to talk. Yesterday it was so hot I tore the sleeves off an old jersey and looked like an abomination against cycling fashion. But hey, I kept a bit cooler.

Leviathan replied to bashthebox | 10 years ago
0 likes
bashthebox wrote:

People will be saying it's ok to wear Pierre Rolland's polka dot shorts next...  3

That would be fab! Why not, awesome.

Seriously, I can't believe this thread has come back again. Whoops/bump.

darren13366 | 10 years ago
0 likes

Surely someone should ask Pierre Roland how much of a twat he felt wearing polka dot jersey, shorts, helmet and socks whilst being overtaken by half the peloton on his polka dot bike on Mont Ventoux. If he felt ok about it, then so should everyone else  3

Gkam84 | 10 years ago
0 likes

THIS is why you only wear the yellow jersey if you are leading the TdF, otherwise you get something like this

pants | 10 years ago
0 likes

People should just wear whatever they want, personally I'd rather be someone good in crap gear and a crap bike than the other way round.

tired old fart replied to pants | 10 years ago
0 likes
pants wrote:

People should just wear whatever they want, personally I'd rather be someone good in crap gear and a crap bike than the other way round.

none of the gear all of the idea! Ha Ha  4

pants replied to tired old fart | 10 years ago
0 likes
tired old fart wrote:
pants wrote:

none of the gear all of the idea! Ha Ha  4

also if you are actually crap you can blame the bike!

HarryTrauts | 10 years ago
0 likes

It's amazing how angry some people get about what to wear on a bike! I'm certainly with the "wear what you want" camp.

Personally, I have a stash of vintage cycling gear that I've bought over the years, some 20 years plus. Remember Tulip? Full kit and I still fit into it. That's what keeps me going. That and my love for actually cycling.

tritecommentbot | 7 years ago
0 likes

Necro!

Was searching for team bottles and people's opinions on them and found this thread. Very entertaining.

Anyone has team bottles on their bike?

Pages

Latest Comments