Support road.cc

Like this site? Help us to make it better.

Roadie, trying his hand at TT' - tech question, saddle angle

Chaps.

After dabbling with TT's over the last 3 or 4 years, I decided to pick up a second hand Giant Trinity 2011 this week. Due to the position on the bars, I like a steep angle of the saddle and the nose pointing down. First bit, no problem, but can I get the nose of this saddle down? Umm, not really. Currently ramming a washer under the back of the clamp to push it forward, but I must be missing something.  7

Any ideas? It's an aero post, so I can't just swap it out.

Cheers

If you're new please join in and if you have questions pop them below and the forum regulars will answer as best we can.

Add new comment

5 comments

jtatehome | 10 years ago
0 likes

16 Tape tip worked a treat. Thanks!

Still be happy for someone who has a giant aero post to shed any further light.

jtatehome | 10 years ago
0 likes

Cheers!

I've pretty much got the angle I want with the washer, but it seems weird that you can only get it slighter past flat without it. I've seen guys with saddles on a TT setup with some pretty heavy angles. I feel I must be missing something, but I like the tape Idea, I'll give that a whirl. Better than a washer flying out mid ride!

Thanks for the tip.

If anyone has actually got one of these, it would be great to hear your thoughts.

Cheers

Gkam84 | 10 years ago
0 likes

How much more of an angle are you trying to get?

I'm not sure what more you could do, because if you get much more of an angle, the bolt wouldn't hold the rails properly.

One thing you could try, its a simple, but not great fix. Tape up the rails to make them a little bigger at the rear, to tip it down a bit, but you can't do to much.

jtatehome | 10 years ago
0 likes

Here we go. It's a single bolt in from the top. I've adjusted the angle of the clamp to roll the nose forward, but this opens a gap at the back, which when you tighten back up, pretty much flattens the seat out. You can see i've temporarily wedged a silver washer in the gap.

When you take the clamp off, there are three points at different angles, which I presumed would sort this, BUT it is only the central point that is big enough for the bolt. I'm confused, never had this problem with any other post before.

Cheers

Gkam84 | 10 years ago
0 likes

Pictures might help, it could be an easy fix....but I don't have a clue unless I see it...

Latest Comments