FS : Roberts Custom/Campagnolo equipped road bike

by neilwheel   May 17, 2013  

For sale is my beautiful custom, genuinely-handmade Roberts road bike.

The frame is built with Columbus Life tubes, with ornate Nervex-style lugs.
It's equipped with a mixture of Campagnolo Centaur, Chorus & Record parts, Campagnolo Vento large-flange wheels, Chris King headset and a custom-made titanium stem.
Contact points are F'izi:k Pavé custom saddle and Deda 215 shallow bars wrapped with F'izi:k Elegance tape. All cables are new and the bike has just been stripped down & rebuilt. There's also a new chain (KMC X10sl) in place.

There is very little evidence of wear and tear, with the paintwork & components almost 'as new'. The bike was built in 2007, but stored since 2008

The sizing is custom, but nothing too out-of-the-ordinary with a 51cm seat tube, 53.5cm top tube. The head tube is 11.5cm, with a built-in extension to the top head lug to save on spacers and give the bike an 'endurance' position. Handling is spot-on, with 72° head angle & 50mm offset giving a stable, sure-footed ride.

The frame was built in 2007; the bike has been stored since 2008 due to illness.

This bike must be seen to be fully appreciated; It's yours for £1100, which is about the cost of the frame alone.

Email me at neilwheel at gmail dot com to view; my location is Glasgow.

More images at :

http://neilsbikes.imgur.com/

5 user comments

Oldest firstNewest firstBest rated

I can't afford it, but crikey that is a great-looking bike!

Last night I would have considered trading a very loud baby for a really nice bike.

posted by notfastenough [3011 posts]
18th May 2013 - 17:24

like this
Like (3)

Thanks;
believe me, it looks better in the flesh!
It's hard to capture on camera the full effect of the pearlescent paint finish, which (to give it its full title) is Alfa Romeo Azzurro Nuvola.

neilwheel's picture

posted by neilwheel [130 posts]
18th May 2013 - 18:30

like this
Like (3)

Oh god I want this... If only I had the cash Sad Good luck, hope someone snaps it up!

posted by thelostboy [8 posts]
21st May 2013 - 20:12

like this
Like (4)

Beleive it or not, this bike still up for grabs! Get it before it goes on the dreaded eBay!

neilwheel's picture

25th June 2013 - 18:22

like this
Like (4)

*bump*
Nerd

neilwheel's picture

23rd September 2013 - 10:32

like this
Like (2)