Support road.cc

Like this site? Help us to make it better.

What is the point in Sky Orla?

Seriously, you might as well just stick a pin in a map of any number of instagramming teenagers and come up with the same level of banal shite that she churns out.

Some people may well think she is a perfectly lovely person but I can not see a decent reason why she even exists.

I'm tired and may be a bit grumpy.

If you're new please join in and if you have questions pop them below and the forum regulars will answer as best we can.

Add new comment

25 comments

mpt68 | 10 years ago
0 likes

question for Orla here

will sky be showing a highlights programme of the tour?? along the lines of what youve done with the Giro

enjoying the highlights weve had on sky so far this year.

Keep up the good work

SkyOrla replied to mpt68 | 10 years ago
0 likes
mpt68 wrote:

question for Orla here

will sky be showing a highlights programme of the tour?? along the lines of what youve done with the Giro

Keep up the good work

Ahh, so now folk want coverage after having a pop! Hashtag cheeky smiles etc...!

We won't be covering the Tour as we did the Giro this year, since we don't have the broadcast rights.

We'll be there as much as possible from a sports news point of view though.

Hope you guys are looking forward to it as much as me. Sure you are!

stevemarks replied to SkyOrla | 10 years ago
0 likes
SkyOrla wrote:
mpt68 wrote:

question for Orla here

Keep up the good work

Ahh, so now folk want coverage after having a pop! Hashtag cheeky smiles etc...!

We won't be covering the Tour as we did the Giro this year, since we don't have the broadcast rights.

We'll be there as much as possible from a sports news point of view though.

Hope you guys are looking forward to it as much as me. Sure you are!

Well done SkyOrla for getting involved here, that is a very dangerous game. Small beer perhaps, but I will say it anyway, as a Non subscriber and genuine sky broadcasting agnostic, I will take the trouble to view Sky's coverage at some point in the future when I almost certainly wouldn't have bothered before. Good luck to you.

newtonk | 10 years ago
0 likes

Don't you just love witnessing a good, old-fashioned climbdown? Good work Orla, I enjoyed this thread more than most!

Farrell, you'll never make an internet troll mate.  3

farrell replied to newtonk | 10 years ago
0 likes
newtonk wrote:

Don't you just love witnessing a good, old-fashioned climbdown? Good work Orla, I enjoyed this thread more than most!

Farrell, you'll never make an internet troll mate.  3

I suppose that would be a compliment then? I'm always willing to admit when I'm wrong and although I do wish I could figure out or recall what it was that pissed in my milk that day I'm actually more concerned that I have agreed with filing Neil Young under N.

Far more annoying.

cidermart | 10 years ago
0 likes

Hazzarh! Drink drink glug glug  3

farrell | 10 years ago
0 likes

I'm over for the tour for my stag do, bit late for chat up lines now - About 11 years too late in fact!

cidermart replied to farrell | 10 years ago
0 likes
farrell wrote:

I'm over for the tour for my stag do, bit late for chat up lines now - About 11 years too late in fact!

That means it's not legal yet just swap her out and call it forward planning  3

Super Domestique | 10 years ago
0 likes

This is a long winded attempt at a chat up line imho  3

Insult the lady, then offer to buy her a drink as an apology  1

Only joking.

cidermart replied to Super Domestique | 10 years ago
0 likes
Super Domestique wrote:

Only joking.

It work for a mate of mine and they have been married for 15 years so far.

Super Domestique replied to cidermart | 10 years ago
0 likes
cidermart wrote:
Super Domestique wrote:

Only joking.

It work for a mate of mine and they have been married for 15 years so far.

Orla you have been warned lol

farrell | 10 years ago
0 likes

Just work pissed...

You appear to enjoy your work and you clearly know your stuff and a lot of your pictures are actually quite interesting so lord only knows what got my kecks in twizzle that day, I've probably just got myself confused with a different reporter.

I am a tosser.

SkyOrla replied to farrell | 10 years ago
0 likes
farrell wrote:

Just work pissed...

You appear to enjoy your work and you clearly know your stuff and a lot of your pictures are actually quite interesting so lord only knows what got my kecks in twizzle that day, I've probably just got myself confused with a different reporter.

I am a tosser.

Confused with another 'Orla' who covers cycling? Nice try! I'm all for free speech and have developed an incredibly thick skin in this game though, so don't worry.

Genuinely love this sport and work very hard at it, so hope that'll come across if you get a chance to catch our coverage.

In the meantime all, here's to the Tour...

SkyOrla | 10 years ago
0 likes

That's fine. I understand. We take behind-the-scenes pictures to promote our coverage and access though, not to take its place.

I've been covering cycling for a number of years and this is the biggest race we've covered in such a way, so it's a shame you didn't manage to catch it. All feedback is genuinely welcome.

Hopefully the number of retweeted pictures means those who did watch actually enjoyed it. Maybe not though!

And no need for a beer on the Champs Élysées, I'm afraid I'll be too busy working!

Super Domestique | 10 years ago
0 likes

If we are talking annoying, sorry to day but Declan made the Giro hard listening.

Gkam84 replied to Super Domestique | 10 years ago
0 likes
Super Domestique wrote:

If we are talking annoying, sorry to day but Declan made the Giro hard listening.

HARD is an understatement, many a stage I had to mute. I don't mind ONE Irish man speaking nonsense. But when Declan and Sean get going. They bounce off each other and they might aswell be talking about extreme ironing, for all the interest I had in them.

He BETTER be gone before the TdF, Eurosport need to employ me for a fan's voice  4

cidermart replied to Gkam84 | 10 years ago
0 likes
Gkam84 wrote:

Eurosport need to employ me for a fan's voice  4

You and Brian Smith maybe  3

Super Domestique replied to Gkam84 | 10 years ago
0 likes
Gkam84 wrote:
Super Domestique wrote:

HARD is an understatement, many a stage I had to mute. I don't mind ONE Irish man speaking nonsense. But when Declan and Sean get going. They bounce off each other and they might aswell be talking about extreme ironing, for all the interest I had in them.

He BETTER be gone before the TdF, Eurosport need to employ me for a fan's voice  4

David Harmon is due back for the TdF.

For me it was the lack of general cycling knowledge that frustrated me.

timb27 | 10 years ago
0 likes

which is funny, because I thought Orla did great, but Carlton wound me up no end, although he did get better as the event wore on. Or else he just wore me down with incessant comedy asides.

Orla's job was to introduce stuff, just like that guy who sells crisps does with the football.

putmebackonmybike | 10 years ago
0 likes

Cheer up Orla - I thought you did a great job really. You seemed genuinely into it and that's appreciated. I quite like the Space 1999 regulation orange jacket meself. The boys back at Moonbase Alpha should lose the matching corporate boil-in-the-bag shirts though.

While I'm here: I thought Carlton Kirby was great. Gets well into it.

SkyOrla | 10 years ago
0 likes

I'm sorry if you guys didn't enjoy the coverage. A lot of work went into it. As for why I exist, sorry but I do! I genuinely hope you'll stick with us as I find it incredibly exciting to get more and more cycling on TV.

farrell replied to SkyOrla | 10 years ago
0 likes
SkyOrla wrote:

I'm sorry if you guys didn't enjoy the coverage. A lot of work went into it. As for why I exist, sorry but I do! I genuinely hope you'll stick with us as I find it incredibly exciting to get more and more cycling on TV.

I've not watched any of the coverage via Sky, it was more the number of retweets of photos of yours that ended up in my timeline that got me grumpy, I don't actually follow you so that would hardly be your fault and I've just gone through your tweets and I can't for the life of me see what, if anything, it was that set me off.

Looking at my original post here I said I was tired and grumpy so I can only imagine that it was a lack of sleep after an all nighter that's made me act like a stroppy sod. So if I see you on the Champs Elysees for the TdF I will get you a beer by way of an apology.

Unless I remember that it was something in particular that I was disgruntled by, then I'll keep my booze to myself.

Gkam84 | 10 years ago
0 likes

https://twitter.com/SkyOrla

She's a sky sports reporter at the Giro I think and from her pictures, she only took a blue dress with her....

The Rumpo Kid replied to Gkam84 | 10 years ago
0 likes
Gkam84 wrote:

https://twitter.com/SkyOrla

She's a sky sports reporter at the Giro I think and from her pictures, she only took a blue dress with her....

Ooh you bitch!

Leviathan | 10 years ago
0 likes

um... and a bit off topic. Who is Sky Orla? and why does she urk you so much? I thought the Sky orla would be some swish new piece of kit from Team Sky, oh like a mobile app for tracking team mates like the Grand prix tracker.

Latest Comments