Support road.cc

Like this site? Help us to make it better.

Giro d'Italia - Tappa 12

Well im out all day playing Golf, then going to work, so I thought I'd get this rolling and post my team. Surely today and tomorrow have got to be sprints?

My team is this

Cav (for Nibali)
Viviani
Bouhanni (for Santambrogio)
Gavazzi
Battaglin
Di Luca (for Pirazzi)
Evans
Betancur
Majka

Ok so its not the most sprint heavy team, but should have 3 of the top 5. Then ive kept the GC etc who will score me the most, but also based on price. Evans would score more than Nibali due to points, Betancur and Majka will score the same as Santambrogio and Pirazzi. No sprinter for Vini, so Di Luca is as good a shout as anyone to give it a go, and cheap. Just hope I haven't missed a trick not going Mezgec now Degenkolb is out

If you're new please join in and if you have questions pop them below and the forum regulars will answer as best we can.

Add new comment

82 comments

Philip Unwin | 10 years ago
0 likes

S2
1 Lammertink
2 Belkov
3 Marcato
4 De Backer
5 Felline
6 Pauwels
Which puts Belkov into 4th in points class and drops Santambrogio to 6th

0 likes

M2
1 Belkov
2 Felline
3 Marcato
Mountain class
1 Pirazzi
2 Rodriguez
3 Chalapud
4 Belkov
5 Visconti

0 likes

Wiggins and all the Sky team have been detached at the back.

chrisdstripes | 10 years ago
0 likes

What a shame, Wiggo could lose 5 mins here easy

0 likes

I think Uran has stayed in the main group

backflipbedlem | 10 years ago
0 likes

Come on Peleton! chase them down, got far too many of you to not!

chrisdstripes | 10 years ago
0 likes

Shit it. Mezgec 3rd, Modolo looked like getting third but messed up and sat up, prob lost ten places for it. Picked the wrong guy again!

coffee_queen | 10 years ago
0 likes

Well, I cocked up a little and forgot to make transfers for today  17 At least I still have Cav in my purist team though

0 likes

1,2 missing number 3, bah!

Gkam84 | 10 years ago
0 likes

1,2,3 BUT I fully expect Bouhanni to get bumped down after cutting Modolo up like that.

I took Viviani in over Nizzolo  20

Bye Bye Wiggo, I fell asleep, so didn't see what happened to him, just saw him rolling in nearly 4 minutes down

andyp | 10 years ago
0 likes

Nothing 'happened', he's ill.

0 likes

u think Bouhanni will get bumped???

0 likes

Got detached on the descent again

drheaton | 10 years ago
0 likes

Got a little detached on a descent then BMC forced the pace to distance him completely.

Sky tried to get him back on but their pace was too much and they dropped him. He ended up riding alone at one point before Sky picked him back up and tried to coax him to the finish.

chiv30 | 10 years ago
0 likes

He lost his bottle in the first week when he spilled , that has cost him every stage that even hinted at being mildly moist on any descent , it showed in the ITT after the bike change if you ask me .

Gkam84 | 10 years ago
0 likes

Cheers folks, I thought it might have been a descent. I just don't understand him, he might be feeling like crap, he was losing time, just gun it, if you slide out, then you lose time anyway...

STEVESPRO 79 | 10 years ago
0 likes

Plane for Wiggins me thinks.....Its embarassing to watch....It should be Dame Bradley Wiggins at the moment as his bollo**s have gone walkabout....

Gkam84 | 10 years ago
0 likes

I have an inside tip for tomorrow on who NOT to pick and ditch him......

Who wants it?

andyp | 10 years ago
0 likes

'Thanks for your very insightful reply.....I've known he was ill since Sunday '

cool. Answered your own question then.

drheaton | 10 years ago
0 likes
Gkam84 wrote:

I have an inside tip for tomorrow on who NOT to pick and ditch him......

Who wants it?

Already on it  19

Gkam84 | 10 years ago
0 likes

Its going public now....I thought it wouldn't be out until the morning, surprised the released it so soon after the stage  20

drheaton | 10 years ago
0 likes

Aye, bit daft really though as he'd be a decent shout for tomorrow.

Simon_MacMichael | 10 years ago
0 likes

Think one of the biggest problems for Wiggins today was the fact that the maglia rosa group also had the sprinters' teams in it chasing the break... so Nibali et al just took a tow while OPQS etc did the work, and Sky - a team built for GC, not sprints - were always going to lose time in the last 15k as the break was chased down.

On another day, one where a break was allowed to stay away, he may have got back on. Was never going to happen today though, sadly.

Gkam84 | 10 years ago
0 likes

Modolo's tweet -

Quando Mark mi ha portato sulla dx ormai non ne avevo più per passarlo. Bouhanni non è stato scorretto ha solo avuto fegato di passare!!

Once through google translate -

When Mark took me on right now I had no more to pass. Bouhanni was not incorrect liver has only had to go!

Ghedebrav | 10 years ago
0 likes

Goddamit Mezgec - I stuck with you for so long and NOW you come up with the goods?!

Pff. Cav aside (and Nizzolo in 4th), not a good day, especially plumping for Vivian over Bouhanni.

stevemarks | 10 years ago
0 likes

At the last minute decided to take a penalty and add Mezgec as a rainy sprinter.

They just do not come right often enough do they?

Still leaves me too far behind, maybe I should get a plane home.

Wiggins for the tour!

1  1  1

stevemarks | 10 years ago
0 likes

Hearing Bouhanni's gone home too.

Wig_Billy | 10 years ago
0 likes

I'm almost getting bored of saying it (not really), so here it is in anagram form;

A pub demigod!  4

Ghedebrav | 10 years ago
0 likes

Anyone know why Pantano got 10 points? Didn't follow the stage today.

Colombians  4

Jonnyd | 10 years ago
0 likes

Yay, mezgec finally comes good.....had him all tour so far.......the rule about not picking goes is one I should listen to.....had him in for far too many sprints this year, and he's done next to nothing.....goss can >>>>>>>>>>>>

Pages

Latest Comments