Support road.cc

Like this site? Help us to make it better.

Tour Of California Stage 3

So Stage 3,

Are there any surpise riders so far? Any riders that are a must have? And who has been the most dissapointing so far?

If you're new please join in and if you have questions pop them below and the forum regulars will answer as best we can.

Add new comment

43 comments

JAndrewHill replied to NeilG83 | 10 years ago
0 likes
NeilG83 wrote:
stumps wrote:

First KOM points are done,

1 JONES
2 BALDWIN
3 MANCEBO
4 SCHAR

break away Beyer Schleck Westra Mannion only 10 secs but its a start.

Brought Jones in for today and have got Mancebo and Schleck. Transferred Westra out though.

Thanks for the update Stumps. Anyone know what time live feed starts?

Eurosport Said Ten Pm Uk time

Philip Unwin | 10 years ago
0 likes

DNS
Da Dalto (CAN)
Serry (OPQ)
Abandoned
Grabsch (OPQ)

Wig_Billy | 10 years ago
0 likes

Sprinters back in today (for a 20 point penalty);

Sagan
Meersman
Farrar
Matthews
Hanson
Keough
Van Garderen
Acevedo
Mancebo

No more transfers until the TT now... probably.

Gkam84 | 10 years ago
0 likes

Also, I can't find it anywhere, I've even tweeted the race to no reply. Does anyone know who got the combat/courage award yesterday?

simon F replied to Gkam84 | 10 years ago
0 likes
Gkam84 wrote:

Also, I can't find it anywhere, I've even tweeted the race to no reply. Does anyone know who got the combat/courage award yesterday?

According to cyclingnews, it was Sylvain Chavanel

NeilG83 replied to simon F | 10 years ago
0 likes
simon F wrote:
Gkam84 wrote:

According to cyclingnews, it was Sylvain Chavanel

It was Chavanel. He was presented with the jersey they give to the most courageous rider.

Gkam84 | 10 years ago
0 likes

Sprinters.....seriously, doubt they will be there at the finish.  39

From 50-90 miles its mainly uphill and pretty steady grades. Sagan will struggle today, over 8k of climbing to be done.

Stage 5 might be for sprinters, just about, but thats the only stage for them this year

Alan Tullett | 10 years ago
0 likes

De Gendt hast been disappointing all season. Maybe he's saving everything for the Tour.

chrisdstripes | 10 years ago
0 likes

And to answer the original question - who has been most disappointing so far? De Gendt. Or me.

0 likes

I had such a bad team, that I've just brought in Acevedo (hoping he'll have the lead for a couple of days at least now) and Carter Jones for the KOM points.

Yesterday I had to choose between dropping either JJ Haedo or van Poppel and chose VP, so Haedo immediately dropped out of the race just to spite me. If Van Poppel does well today it'll be a bit of an arse.

So I'm left with...
Tejay
Andy Schleck (can't believe I fell for that one)
Sagan
Meersman
Carter Jones
Acevedo
Keough
Euser
De La Cruz

I'm thinking of changing my DJ name to DJ Van Garderen.

TERatcliffe26 | 10 years ago
0 likes

Ive gone safe but plenty of sprint options

Sagan
Meersman
Matthews
Stuyven
Jungels
Mancebo
Tejay
Deignan
Acevedo

backflipbedlem | 10 years ago
0 likes

Yea i'm exactly the same, thinking if i should do any transfers but not sure which way to go.
Current team

Sagan
Van Garderen
Meersman
Westra
Rogers
De La Cruz
Carter Jones
Schleck
Cooper

Got 2 in bank, might get rid of De La Cruz and bring in Mancebo

0 likes

Everyone is a surprise for me! What to do next is anyone's guess, especially after they endured that living hell yesterday. Difficult to say how many sprinters (if any) will make it to the end today and especially tomorrow, a lot of the better-known riders are struggling in the heat or not taking it that seriously, and there are a lot of breakaway points available so could be worth gambling on someone in the break. In other words, not got a f**king clue. Not very helpful I know!

Pages

Latest Comments