Support road.cc

Like this site? Help us to make it better.

Comfortable road shoes

I currently use a pair of Sidis which were my first shoe when I went clipped in from flat pedals. Although they look good, I don't think they're that comfortable - at all. I'm going to keep them as a second pair.

I'm looking for a pair which are REALLY comfortable. I'm thinking Shimano? Any recommendations?

Thanks in advance for all advice and criticism.

If you're new please join in and if you have questions pop them below and the forum regulars will answer as best we can.

Add new comment

7 comments

Shunt | 10 years ago
0 likes

Just bought Giro Factors and they get my vote  1

Had achilles issues from the specialized ones and so needed something softer at that point, the only two that I found really comfortable were the Giro Factors and the Fizik R3.

Managed to get the Giro's for a steal at £125, so wasn't alot to think about  1

therevokid | 10 years ago
0 likes

shimano shoes I found too narrow, as were my sidis. Spesh
bg ones are nice but my current favs for really comfy are
Lake.

Ashleyhoaken | 10 years ago
0 likes

I have been in your shoes as well being the same size feet, 13, I would recommend going to your lbs and trying out what you find comfortable it take time and for me it did take a lot of ordering shoes in my size and trying out, fir me I went for Specialed body Geometry road shoes .

londonplayer | 10 years ago
0 likes

Thanks!

I like the sound of the Giros but I don't think they do my size. I have size 13 feet.

andyp | 10 years ago
0 likes

Yup, you really can't gain anything from other people's experiences with shoes, as with saddles. Just get out and try a load.
Sidis are by far the most comfortable I've ever tried, but they don't work for you...says it all.

bashthebox | 10 years ago
0 likes

It's worth going to a shop though and trying them on. Feet vary a lot, as do shoes.

bashthebox | 10 years ago
0 likes

I really like my Giro Factors. Like wearing a slipper. A really stiff slipper made from carbon fibre.

Latest Comments