Comfortable road shoes

by londonplayer   May 13, 2013  

I currently use a pair of Sidis which were my first shoe when I went clipped in from flat pedals. Although they look good, I don't think they're that comfortable - at all. I'm going to keep them as a second pair.

I'm looking for a pair which are REALLY comfortable. I'm thinking Shimano? Any recommendations?

Thanks in advance for all advice and criticism.

7 user comments

Oldest firstNewest firstBest rated

I really like my Giro Factors. Like wearing a slipper. A really stiff slipper made from carbon fibre.

posted by bashthebox [647 posts]
13th May 2013 - 14:30

0 Likes

It's worth going to a shop though and trying them on. Feet vary a lot, as do shoes.

posted by bashthebox [647 posts]
13th May 2013 - 14:31

0 Likes

Yup, you really can't gain anything from other people's experiences with shoes, as with saddles. Just get out and try a load.
Sidis are by far the most comfortable I've ever tried, but they don't work for you...says it all.

posted by andyp [1077 posts]
13th May 2013 - 14:40

1 Like

Thanks!

I like the sound of the Giros but I don't think they do my size. I have size 13 feet.

posted by londonplayer [671 posts]
13th May 2013 - 14:51

0 Likes

I have been in your shoes as well being the same size feet, 13, I would recommend going to your lbs and trying out what you find comfortable it take time and for me it did take a lot of ordering shoes in my size and trying out, fir me I went for Specialed body Geometry road shoes .

posted by Ashleyhoaken [37 posts]
13th May 2013 - 19:14

0 Likes

shimano shoes I found too narrow, as were my sidis. Spesh
bg ones are nice but my current favs for really comfy are
Lake.

still on the 3rd switch-back of Bwlch !

posted by therevokid [768 posts]
14th May 2013 - 7:53

1 Like

Just bought Giro Factors and they get my vote Smile

Had achilles issues from the specialized ones and so needed something softer at that point, the only two that I found really comfortable were the Giro Factors and the Fizik R3.

Managed to get the Giro's for a steal at £125, so wasn't alot to think about Smile

posted by Shunt [5 posts]
14th May 2013 - 12:48

1 Like