FS: 1970s Rudi Altig bike
The mrs doesn't ride this much so we've decided to sell it. Rather pretty vintage 14-spd bike from Rudi Altig (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Rudi_Altig). It's a lugged steel frame with original paintwork and decals.
Since buying it I've modernised it a bit:
- new wheels, bought these in France, bladed spokes, nothing fancy but they've run smooth and true since I got them.
- new tyres, white Vittoria Zaffiro, probably done less than 200 miles.
- new handlebar, it's a Velo Orange one, the Porteur I think
- new saddle, Charge Stool
- new bar-tape, also Charge, matching colour to saddle
- new 7-spd cassette (was 5)
The downtube shifters, derailleurs and brakes are all original and work well, no issues there.
Top tube 580mm, seat tube 530mm. The mrs is 5"7 and it fits her with the saddle pretty low, would be ok for someone a bit taller too.
Added bonus - it has the world's smallest mudguards.
Price £300. I'm in Bath.