Support road.cc

Like this site? Help us to make it better.

Giro Stage 8

So Stage 8 is finally here, Individual TT time!
After Wiggos crash yesterday is everyone still confident he can take his TT crown? Or will there be another surprise result???

Discuss!

If you're new please join in and if you have questions pop them below and the forum regulars will answer as best we can.

Add new comment

84 comments

Philip Unwin | 10 years ago
0 likes

I think Gavazzi is a shoe in for the Lanterne Rouge

TERatcliffe26 | 10 years ago
0 likes

Well I give up on today, need a Hesjedal/Wiggo 1-2 and Santambrogio to pull something out now.
I had Phinney from day 1 so can't complain about that but should have gone Dowsett over Sergent

simon F | 10 years ago
0 likes
livestrongnick | 10 years ago
0 likes

1 A. Dowsett 1:16:27
2 L. Durbridge +35
3 J. Sergent +2.00
4 D. Cataldo +3.24
5 S. Tuft +3.40

obutterwick | 10 years ago
0 likes

Coverage about to (finally) start.

JAndrewHill | 10 years ago
0 likes

Sorry for any caps Faux pas. Doodgy tab.
I Amm having A Giro Shockker. So ignore mypiccks of
Bradlley
Nibaly
pauliny
Durbridgy
Aruy
Pirazzy
Viscontty
Battagliiny
Berardy

0 likes

Berard (AG2R) DNS today

chrisdstripes | 10 years ago
0 likes

I have to stop not picking my tip just because they're cheap. Went Ferrari over Gavazzi on Thursday just because I had the funds, and did the same today with Phinney over Dowsett. Was unlucky on Weds, but apart from that I've made some crap decisions this week!

drheaton | 10 years ago
0 likes

Might regret not picking Dowsett after I mentioned him above but at a penalty transfer for Visconti he'd need to podium (25 points or more) to make it worth it as it'd be a penalty transfer to him in, another to get him out plus guaranteed jersey points for Visconti.

Gkam84 replied to Philip Unwin | 10 years ago
0 likes
Philip Unwin wrote:

Berard (AG2R) DNS today

Trust him, he's in my purist...and I couldn't squeeze Dowsett into my standard team....  20

Gkam84 | 10 years ago
0 likes

Interesting, I knew Wiggo would be on mechanical gears, but he's on a standard Dura Ace chainset, NO O rings....  39  39

ray silvester replied to drheaton | 10 years ago
0 likes
drheaton wrote:

Might regret not picking Dowsett after I mentioned him above but at a penalty transfer for Visconti he'd need to podium (25 points or more) to make it worth it as it'd be a penalty transfer to him in, another to get him out plus guaranteed jersey points for Visconti.

I tried to only bring in TTer's that would be useful for upcoming stages......Durbridge the only luxury pick and he'll come out tomorrow(probably for Sammy Sanchez).

Impressive from Dowsett though.....unlucky chrisdstripes!!

0 likes

Sergent and Phinney will come out tomorrow for me, and maybe Nibs or Intxausti depending on today.

Anyone see Wiggo breeze by Di Luca then, anyone think he can catch Pozzovivo his 5 minute man?

0 likes

Kangert going well.

Henao caught Kelderman, im surprised at that, think Kelderman caught Golas too.

Wiggins had a mechanical as well, didnt seem to loose too much time though

0 likes

Any bets on how many Wiggins will pass

0 likes

Poor time from Wiggins really  39 only 7th

0 likes

Wiggins is loosing time to his rivals not clawing it back at this rate

chiv30 replied to TERatcliffe26 | 10 years ago
0 likes
TERatcliffe26 wrote:

Wiggins is loosing time to his rivals not clawing it back at this rate

Wiggo usually aims fir negative splits though....likely to make time 2nd half  22

Alan Tullett replied to chrisdstripes | 10 years ago
0 likes
chrisdstripes wrote:

Of the under-15-credits guys, I would go for Dowsett myself. Can't squeeze him in tho with the other guys I've got...

I did! Might catch up soon but neither of us doing well at the moment.

0 likes

2nd for Wiggins (bike change cost him the difference), still think Scarponi, Gesink, Evans, Hesjedal, Inxausti and Nibali will still all go quicker than Wiggins

Alan Tullett | 10 years ago
0 likes

Wiggins second in the end. Not sure he'll get yellow though as Intxausti is a good TTer on a hilly course and is way ahead on time. Hope Nibali and Hesdejal go well as they are the riders I'll keep for the next few days. Dowsett to go out, maybe Intxausti but we'll see. He might be worth keeping. Took 40 penalty points two days ago to set up my team for yesterday through to Thursday next week and so far it's worked after a few bad days in a row.

0 likes

Apparently Wiggins may have crashed earlier on, but unconfirmed rumour at the moment. He defo would have gone first had he not changed his bike

0 likes

Wiggins could still end up 3rd/4th/5th on GC after today  39

Ghedebrav | 10 years ago
0 likes

Duh, another stinkin' set of transfer picks for me. Spent most of the day in high spirits as thought I had picked Dowsett - but haven't! Going to bank a load of transfers now and save them for the sprinters on 12 & 13.

That aside, great ride from Dowsett, hope his time holds on.

0 likes

Another poor day for my standard team, but a solid one for my Purist team at least it should be

I make the GC look like this

Nibali
Evans
Gesink
Wiggins
Scarponi

chiv30 | 10 years ago
0 likes

Looks like ,1,2,4,5 plus gc plus mountain points so far for me  4

Ghedebrav | 10 years ago
0 likes

Wiggins really up against it now in GC. Nibali's to lose, I reckon.

I wonder what Chris Froome's making of it?

obutterwick | 10 years ago
0 likes

2, 5, 7, 8, 18. Hmmm

chiv30 replied to TERatcliffe26 | 10 years ago
0 likes
TERatcliffe26 wrote:

2nd for Wiggins (bike change cost him the difference), still think Scarponi, Gesink, Evans, Hesjedal, Inxausti and Nibali will still all go quicker than Wiggins

Remind me to take no notice of your thoughts for the rest of the season whilst playing the game  3

0 likes

2,15,18 for me 4,6,8, on GC not good!!

Pages

Latest Comments