Support road.cc

Like this site? Help us to make it better.

Giro Stage 8

So Stage 8 is finally here, Individual TT time!
After Wiggos crash yesterday is everyone still confident he can take his TT crown? Or will there be another surprise result???

Discuss!

If you're new please join in and if you have questions pop them below and the forum regulars will answer as best we can.

Add new comment

84 comments

chrisdstripes | 10 years ago
0 likes

Of the under-15-credits guys, I would go for Dowsett myself. Can't squeeze him in tho with the other guys I've got...

Alan Tullett replied to chrisdstripes | 10 years ago
0 likes
chrisdstripes wrote:

Of the under-15-credits guys, I would go for Dowsett myself. Can't squeeze him in tho with the other guys I've got...

I did! Might catch up soon but neither of us doing well at the moment.

ray silvester | 10 years ago
0 likes

Looks like Wilco could be my ace in the hole.....White Jersey tonight?

drheaton replied to ray silvester | 10 years ago
0 likes
ray silvester wrote:

Looks like Wilco could be my ace in the hole.....White Jersey tonight?

Could be, although he's young and I'm not sure he's ever done such a long TT before.

obutterwick | 10 years ago
0 likes

Wiggins
Boaro
Evans
Intxausti
Clement
Tuft
Battaglin
Dekker
Durasek

drheaton | 10 years ago
0 likes

I have gone for Wiggins because he's not one to give up and even off form he's still got a chance of winning this stage.

Wiggins (for Pirazzi)
Evans
Nibali (for Rubiano)
Boaro (for Santambrogio)
Visconti
Di Luca (for Paolini)
Battaglin (for Rabottini)
Mezgec
Gavazzi

I reckon Evans is going well and has the ability to do a long TT better than some and Nibali is getting better and should go well in the rain. Boaro finished well down yesterday in preparation for today so I'm hoping he's targeting a solid ride today.

dave atkinson | 10 years ago
0 likes

haven't gone for wiggo. vaughters reckons (on twitter) he's got the same bug as cataldo, plus i reckon he's bruised his elbow which will make a long tt a massively uncomfortable experience. and it's going to rain.

so he'll probably boss it today  1

backflipbedlem | 10 years ago
0 likes

cheers for the pointers guys, might trade visconti for Boaro

Gkam84 | 10 years ago
0 likes

Bradley Wiggins
Taylor Phinney
Fredrik Kessiakoff
Luke Durbridge
Svein Tuft
Stef Clement
Luka Mezgec
Kanstantin Siutsou
Maarten Tjallingii

drheaton | 10 years ago
0 likes

Durbridge, Sergent, Tuft, Kangert and Clement are among some of the highest rated at the TT in the game and all around/under 15 credits. That's based on past performance on ITT rated stages in the game.

I wouldn't bother with Kangert as he worked hard yesterday and I don't know about Durbridge's form but the others are always popular picks.

There's also Alex Dowsett who I'm very tempted to bring in to my team. He finished 18 minutes down yesterday so took it nice and easy and I think he may be targeting today. I don't know though how he fares on TTs as long as today (today is very long for a grand tour).

If you want to move up to a 20-25 credit rider then there's always Phinney, Kessiakoff, Kelderman, or Gesink. Intxausti is a solid TTer so I'd definitely keep him, Nibali has been working hard on his TT too in recent years and could top 10 today as its hilly and technical.

TERatcliffe26 | 10 years ago
0 likes

Durbridge and Boaro, but I avoided them as I have 5 guaranteed from Visconti, and unsure what Santambrogio can do, and also wasn't impressed with the form shown from either at Romandie, but could have been Sandbagging, but as Dr says, its up to you. (also I would have needed penalty points, and think Santambrogio will be valuable tomorrow)

drheaton replied to TERatcliffe26 | 10 years ago
0 likes
TERatcliffe26 wrote:

Durbridge and Boaro, but I avoided them as I have 5 guaranteed from Visconti, and unsure what Santambrogio can do, and also wasn't impressed with the form shown from either at Romandie, but could have been Sandbagging, but as Dr says, its up to you. (also I would have needed penalty points, and think Santambrogio will be valuable tomorrow)

Yeah, I've kept Visconti in my team for the guaranteed 5 points but dropped Pirazzi. No idea on Santambrogio so dropped him. I also wouldn't pick Durbridge as he's more suited to long flat straight TTs rather than the up and down technical stage today.

0 likes

wiggins (for evans)
locatelli
Nibali
Intxausti
Aru
Visconti
Di Luca
Santambrogio
Battaglin

got 2 transfers left, shall i use them??

drheaton replied to backflipbedlem | 10 years ago
0 likes
backflipbedlem wrote:

wiggins (for evans)
locatelli
Nibali
Intxausti
Aru
Visconti
Di Luca
Santambrogio
Battaglin

Hmmm, I might be tempted to drop either Santambrogio or Visconti as there are some TT options at a similar price. Or drop both and bring in Gesink maybe? Up to you, depends on what your plan is for transfers ahead of tomorrow really.

backflipbedlem replied to drheaton | 10 years ago
0 likes
drheaton wrote:
backflipbedlem wrote:

wiggins (for evans)
locatelli
Nibali
Intxausti
Aru
Visconti
Di Luca
Santambrogio
Battaglin

Hmmm, I might be tempted to drop either Santambrogio or Visconti as there are some TT options at a similar price. Or drop both and bring in Gesink maybe? Up to you, depends on what your plan is for transfers ahead of tomorrow really.

Care to divulge who those tt's are??

drheaton | 10 years ago
0 likes

Made 5 changes, weighing up another but it'll cost me 20 points because I'll want to reverse it tomorrow so I probably won't bother.

TERatcliffe26 | 10 years ago
0 likes

Ive gone for Wiggo in the end  13

My team

Wiggo (for Ventoso)
Phinney
Sergent (for Pirazzi)
Ludvigsson (for Paolini)
Hesjedal
Visconti
Santambrogio
Battaglin
Gavazzi

This could go drastically wrong!

ray silvester replied to TERatcliffe26 | 10 years ago
0 likes
TERatcliffe26 wrote:

Ive gone for Wiggo in the end  13

My team

Wiggo (for Ventoso)
Phinney
Sergent (for Pirazzi)
Ludvigsson (for Paolini)
Hesjedal
Visconti
Santambrogio
Battaglin
Gavazzi

This could go drastically wrong!

Amongst the TT'ers I've got Durbridge,Kelderman and Kiserlovski against your Phinney,Sergent and Hesjedal in the battle for Forum's Scorum's 4th place.

Wiggins
Durbridge
Kiserlovski
Kelderman
Visconti
Aru
Puccio
Oliveira
Haas

Went for Kiserlovski over Phinney due to

1)It would have meant Tuft instead of Durbo in terms of cost

2)Phinney's fever......although he's showed good fighting spirit this season so maybe he's fought through it

3)GC points today and on-going....should move up the top 10 a bit today whereas Phinney at an hour behind won't be getting any competition standing points in this tour

4)I've got a feeling Phinney may abandon on the rest day

letsgoup | 10 years ago
0 likes

I've dropped Wiggo. He just doesn't seem right to me. Plus could get in 3 good TT'ers for the cost of him. Hoping their combined score outweighs Wiggo's. I also think Wiggins will struggle on the big mountain stages when it comes to it. I have always thought Evans Le Tour win was a one off, he always seems to lack something generally in the big tours. So I have done a big u-turn and picked him as I think he looks pretty good. Keeping a low profile, nobody has mentioned him yet only a handful of seconds off the lead and he can TT too  13

chrisdstripes | 10 years ago
0 likes

After my predicted disaster yesterday, I've just gone for Wiggo, Nibali, Gesink and Phinney plus the cheap ones I already had in - damage limitation and hopefully (except Phinney) people I can keep in for the next couple of days. Kelderman and Danielson were on the shortlist...

ray silvester | 10 years ago
0 likes

I had him in yesterday so he'll definitely stay in and there is probably not much competition here as usual in a long Grand Tour ITT(No Martin,Cancellara,Tejay,Froome,Porte,LuLuSanchez,Chavanel,Westra etc).

To be honest he'd be coming in even if he wasn't already in and and I reckon anyone without him will forfeit 45pts today(stage win+pink).

0 likes

well hopefully! Maybe he was just trying to play it safe for today...

who else you see as doing ok?

Evans/Nibali/Kessiakoff?

adholman | 10 years ago
0 likes

Wiggos not in my team due to (1) cost (2) weather forecast for possible rain (3) low GC position (4) so my team is

Visconti
Nibali
Kessiakoff
Kiserlovski
Gesink
Locatelli
Pirazzi
Dekker
Dowsett

Dekker and Dowsett OUT tomorrow!

STEVESPRO 79 | 10 years ago
0 likes

He is a certain winner today as Im not picking him....Up until yesterday he was going into my team but I was just not convinced with his desire yesterday....He will probably win the TT but I think he has lost the tour and Im not convinced that he will be in Pink after today...Hope Im wrong though and we see the Brad of 2012...

Pages

Latest Comments