Tour of California purists

by Ghedebrav   May 9, 2013  

After my so-far-semi-succesful all-Colombian Giro purist effort, I've gone all moules-frites for the ToC with an all-Belgian team.

All-yank seemed a bit obvious, and there are a mere three Canucks involved. So it's trippels at the the ready chez Ghedebrav.

Anyway, enough of that nonsense. Anyone got anything sensible to add?

23 user comments

Oldest firstNewest firstBest rated

You haven't got a chance with Belgians. Thats sensible enough Wink

Gkam84's picture

posted by Gkam84 [8727 posts]
9th May 2013 - 19:09

like this
Like (1)

I've not even looked at this yet. Giro is all-consuming this week. Assuming Spidertech are racing, they'll have some good Purist picks.

Don't buy upgrades. Ride up grades. (Merckx)

obutterwick's picture

posted by obutterwick [527 posts]
9th May 2013 - 22:10

like this
Like (1)

Looked at the profiles and they seem quite difficult, perhaps to stop Sagan winning all the stages !

If you must break the law, do it to seize power: in all other cases observe it. Gaius Julius Caesar.

stumps's picture

posted by stumps [2691 posts]
10th May 2013 - 8:53

like this
Like (2)

It does not seem like a Sagan friendly Tour......but he must fancy it....Unless he is just getting some race pace climbing into his leg before targeting the green jersey at Le Tour....

stevespro

STEVESPRO 79's picture

posted by STEVESPRO 79 [483 posts]
10th May 2013 - 9:05

like this
Like (1)

I thought it looked quite good for sagan at first glance, so might have to review tomorrow!

chrisdstripes's picture

posted by chrisdstripes [1556 posts]
10th May 2013 - 9:44

like this
Like (0)

chrisdstripes wrote:
I thought it looked quite good for sagan at first glance, so might have to review tomorrow!

I agree with you Chris, I see 5 stages for Sagan and Meersman to contest. As a result my purist team and standard team are almost identical, or they will be for the first 2 stages anyway

posted by TERatcliffe26 [3813 posts]
10th May 2013 - 9:59

like this
Like (2)

TERatcliffe26 wrote:
chrisdstripes wrote:

I agree with you Chris, I see 5 stages for Sagan and Meersman to contest. As a result my purist team and standard team are almost identical, or they will be for the first 2 stages anyway

I see only 4,5 and 8 where I would make Sagan the favourite...Meersman I agree has a couple more options on his current form.....But like I say, nothing that Sagan achives will either surprise or disappoint me.. Smile

stevespro

STEVESPRO 79's picture

posted by STEVESPRO 79 [483 posts]
10th May 2013 - 10:05

like this
Like (2)

STEVESPRO 79 wrote:
TERatcliffe26 wrote:
chrisdstripes wrote:

I see only 4,5 and 8 where I would make Sagan the favourite...Meersman I agree has a couple more options on his current form.....But like I say, nothing that Sagan achives will either surprise or disappoint me.. Smile

I see stage 1,3,4,5 and 8 for both of them, The profiles tend to be deceptive, or they were last year anyway, but I guess we shall see

10th May 2013 - 10:48

like this
Like (2)

The profiles were deceptive last year because i think they measured them in feet rather than metres so we thought they were 3 times higher than they were if I remember correctly.

Not only did Sagan take the first 4 stages....Haussler came second in all 4 of them.

Not really sure if there will ever be a stage where Meersman is favoured over Sagan?

posted by ray silvester [1779 posts]
11th May 2013 - 8:09

like this
Like (2)

A mysterious, very Irish-sounding Belgian is no longer on the roster, which has forced me to sneak in a Luxembourger to make up the numbers.

Ghedebrav's picture

posted by Ghedebrav [1046 posts]
12th May 2013 - 9:16

like this
Like (2)

I've noticed OPQ have a roster change, assume the game will get a final update? Thinking

'Don't look back. Something might be gaining on you'

livestrongnick's picture

posted by livestrongnick [1721 posts]
12th May 2013 - 10:28

like this
Like (0)

I forgot about this....

12th May 2013 - 10:39

like this
Like (0)

california team set

backflipbedlem's picture

posted by backflipbedlem [655 posts]
12th May 2013 - 11:01

like this
Like (1)

livestrongnick wrote:
I've noticed OPQ have a roster change, assume the game will get a final update? Thinking

What's the change and where did you see it? I can't find anyone different.

The only change from the official list I have made is removing King from RLT

Gkam84's picture

12th May 2013 - 13:13

like this
Like (2)

I don't think it's as Sagan-Friendly as last season but with him being one of the sports genuine superstars it's a no-brainer to see him riding in California for US manufacturers Cannondale.....and there are definitely a couple of stages for him.

posted by ray silvester [1779 posts]
12th May 2013 - 13:16

like this
Like (2)

ray silvester wrote:
I don't think it's as Sagan-Friendly as last season but with him being one of the sports genuine superstars it's a no-brainer to see him riding in California for US manufacturers Cannondale.....and there are definitely a couple of stages for him.

A preview I read listed the same stages as me that I expect him to do well on 1,3,4,5,8 and also mentioned he could do well on stage 2 also

12th May 2013 - 16:36

like this
Like (1)

Gkam84 wrote:
livestrongnick wrote:

What's the change and where did you see it? I can't find anyone different.

The only change from the official list I have made is removing King from RLT

It's ok GKam the official app doesn't have Carlos verona Quintanilla. just Carlos Verona. I didn't check is full name. sorry doh!!

'Don't look back. Something might be gaining on you'

livestrongnick's picture

posted by livestrongnick [1721 posts]
12th May 2013 - 18:02

like this
Like (1)

Don't worry, It took me about 20 minutes to work that out aswell. Wink

Gkam84's picture

12th May 2013 - 18:27

like this
Like (1)

Can someone explain to me how these achievements work for premium members...
So I had Westra in my team, and he won the first stage, but i didnt get an achievement, should i not have gained the following?

Stage Podium
Podium placing on any game stage

backflipbedlem's picture

13th May 2013 - 10:42

like this
Like (1)

backflipbedlem wrote:
So I had Westra in my team, and he won the first stage, but i didnt get an achievement, should i not have gained the following?

Stage Podium

You've asked this on four forums now!
Short answer no!
Long answer. You get the stage podium when your team finishes in the top three in the game. Podium badge is for getting 1at 2nd and 3rd. You get a badge for getting the winner of a flat stage or a summit finish and yesterday was neither.

philip unwin

posted by Philip Unwin [771 posts]
13th May 2013 - 12:26

like this
Like (2)

Stage Podium

*Westra* won a stage, and got onto the *Giro d'Italia* podium. For this he got awarded various bits of tat by some lovely ladies.

*You* did not place on the *game* podium. for this you do not get awarded an achievement.

2 different things.

posted by andyp [833 posts]
13th May 2013 - 12:37

like this
Like (0)

my purist:

Peter Sagan (LIQ)
Gianni Meersman (OPQ)
Juan Jose Haedo (JHB)
Bobbie Traksel (CHA)
Francisco Perez Mancebo (FHE)
Thor Hushovd (BMC)
Lieuwe Westra (VCD)
Tejay van Garderen (BMC)
Andy Schleck

Working well so far, with traksel paying out ( for wrong reasons) and even schleck getting 3 points! go on schlecky boy, the only way is up! ......

johnny2names's picture

posted by johnny2names [199 posts]
13th May 2013 - 12:43

like this
Like (2)

cheers for your help guys, all clear now

backflipbedlem's picture

13th May 2013 - 12:54

like this
Like (3)