Support road.cc

Like this site? Help us to make it better.

Frame size on a velocite selene?

Hello

i 'm looking into a velocite selene bikes, but have trouble choosing the right frame size
between M and L, i'm 1m 78 cm, and have a 86 cm inseam, il like to ride in a more upright position, they say on their website that top tube is the important measure, in that case i should go with the L size, but am not sure with a 60 cm seat tube..my other bikes are 57 X 57 or a bit less

thanks for the inputs

http://www.velocite-bikes.com/velocite-blue-selene-frameset.html

best regards

brooks

If you're new please join in and if you have questions pop them below and the forum regulars will answer as best we can.

Add new comment

7 comments

brooksananda | 10 years ago
0 likes

Hello Victor

thank you for the insight, i have been in touch with Magnus from Velocite Europe and have sent him some of the dimensions of my current bicycles, most of them have a top tube of 57 cm and a seat tube of 56 to 58 cm ( measured center to center), he told me that if i go for the L frame size i will have less saddle to handlebar drop which will give me the more comfortable position i'm looking for, more so than the M size frame, but i could also put spacers below the stem on the M frame to have a more upright position...
between two neighbour frame sizes and different size components (stem, spacers, seat post setback) it is effectively possible to have the same " set up "

best regards

brooks

vmajor | 10 years ago
0 likes

I forgot to add a few more important bits of info. I use my Selene as a test mule, and with the 100mm stem I am now using our prototype handlebars with a 77.5mm reach. This is a bit more than my previous FSA Wing Pro even though FSA says their reach is 80mm...they must be measuring it differently.

With the shorter reach FSA bars I used a 120mm stem, with longer prototype bars I am happy with 100mm.

The seat post setback that I like is just under 20mm.

Thus the way the bike fits is greatly influenced by your choice of components too.

In your case I agree, I think that the size M would be the best choice.

0 likes

sorry

in medium the seat tube is 56 cm but top tube only 54, as i'm used to 57 cm top tube

in large the top tube is 57 cm but the seat tube (center to top) is 60 cm ..

regards

brooks

0 likes

yes

that would be the ideal frame size on any other bike but the velocite selene has a
special geometry

here the link http://www.velocite-bikes.com/velocite-blue-selene-frameset.html

regards

brooks

spongebob | 10 years ago
0 likes

Perhaps a 56cm
?

0 likes

Hello Victor

thank you for the feedback, you are quite taller than me , maybe the M would be right then for me

best regards

brooks

vmajor | 10 years ago
0 likes

Hi brooks,

I'll chip in since a) we make them and b) I ride a Selene. I am 189cm and I am on a size L Selene with a 100mm stem. I am not the most flexible guy but I achieve a decent drop versus the saddle, without feeling overly stretched.

I like riding on the drops and a size L allows me to do that comfortably.

Victor

Latest Comments