Support road.cc

Like this site? Help us to make it better.

Giro Stage 4 picks

What does everyone think?  39

I have:

Stefano Pirazzi (BVI)
Mauro Santambrogio (VIN)
Domenico Pozzovivo (ALM)
Miguel Angel Rubiano (AND)
Julien Berard (ALM)
Danilo Hondo (RSN)
Daniele Bennati (SAX)
Kenny Dehaes (LOT)
Mattia Cattaneo (LAM)

If you're new please join in and if you have questions pop them below and the forum regulars will answer as best we can.

Add new comment

50 comments

ray silvester | 10 years ago
0 likes

Philip Unwin | 10 years ago
0 likes

It's Mourey Well done Cycling News

0 likes

It's now Roux 3 Mourey 2
Who knows?  7

0 likes

That's the cycling news ticker, but all the others still say it's Roux and not Mourey

0 likes

A couple of corrections from the early break. Here's the confirmed line up. We still have seven riders up the road but they are in fact:
Johan Le Bon (FDJ), Francis Mourey (FDJ), Julien Berard (AG2R La Mondiale), Emanuele Sella (Androni Giocattoli), Miguel Minguez (Euskaltel-Euskadi), Ioannis Tamouridis (Euskaltel-Euskadi), and Pim Ligthart (Vacansoleil-DCM Pro Cycling Team)

7'55" after 55K

Sorry for any confusion

0 likes

Berard (AG2R), Sella (AND), Minguez (EUS), Tamouridis (EUS), Le Bon (FDJ), Mourey (FDJ), Ligthart (VAC) have 7'40" after 42K

I think Minguez has been pretty much confirmed?

Sella best placed at 2'39" down on GC

Stumps | 10 years ago
0 likes

After much thinking i made my transfers yesterday and they came to nowt  14

For today i've brought in Wiggo and Nibs with a 10 point penalty for Aru as i feel he might go for the stage with the other 2 watching each other.

drheaton | 10 years ago
0 likes

I made some rash transfers last night which I may regret. I took a 30 point penalty too:

Wiggins (for Bennati)
Hesjedal (for Bouhanni)
Sanchez (for Visconti)
Santambrogio (for Paolini)
Wurf (for Felline)
Nibali
Dehaes
Mezgec
Gavazzi

It's a big risk and if it doesn't pay off then my Giro is as good as over as I've already 100 points of the lead after three stages.

I'm hoping that the GC fireworks continue today but the finish doesn't look as tough as I first expected and unless Garmin/Astana really really want to put Wiggins in the pink I'm not sure if it'll go the same way as yesterday.

Like I said, beginning to regret my rash changes.

0 likes

Still a non consensus across the tickers as to whether it's Mestre or Minguez

0 likes

Dockx has dropped back so our magnificent seven are: Johan Le Bon (FDJ), Anthony Roux (FDJ), Julien Berard (AG2R La Mondiale), Emanuele Sella (Androni Giocattoli), Ricardo Mestre (Euskaltel-Euskadi), Ioannis Tamouridis (Euskaltel-Euskadi), and Pim Ligthart (Vacansoleil-DCM Pro Cycling Team) and they have 1'35 on the peloton after 21 km of racing.

*From Cycling News Ticker

0 likes

Break now confirmed - Berard, Sella, Mestre, Tamouridis, Roux, Docks ,Locatelli & Ligthart

0 likes

& Le Bon + Lithgart (It's Roux or Mourey depending which ticker you trust most)

0 likes

Early Break - Berard, Sella, Minguez, Tamouridis & Roux with a small gap.

0 likes

I bought Visconti and Wiggo in for Navardauskas and Goss even though it leaves me without sprinters and banked transfers for stage 5.

Wiggins
Nibali
Sanchez
Visconti
Puccio
Wurf
Aru
Oliveira
Haas

My Purists scored double the points of my standards yesterday!!

Wiggins,Nibali,Sanchez,Aru,Kelderman,Garzelli,Betancur,Weening,Ludviggson.

STEVESPRO 79 | 10 years ago
0 likes

WIGGINS
NIBALI
SANCHEZ
SANTAMBROGIO
PAOLINI
NAVARDAUSKAS
DEKKER
DEHAES
MEZGEC...

No penalties...

johnny2names | 10 years ago
0 likes

totally misread yesterday, and scored a big fat zero, with my squad of sprinters who were supposed to climb bumps. never mind... 4 out of the door ( -20 penalty points), to make way for these top 4, on the basis of chasing bonus seconds:

hesjedal
nibali
S sanchez
santambrogio
felline
bouhanni
garzelli
locatelli
mezgec

chrisdstripes | 10 years ago
0 likes

I messed up yesterday too by keeping sprinters in - in hindsight a terrible decision!!

Brought in a couple of GC guys for today, plus one for the break. Long hot day today, I'm guessing the break will be given quite a big lead by halfway, but no idea whether they'll work to bring it back.

Cav and Viviani (will probably keep til Friday now...)
Hesjedal and Sammy S (in today)
Wurf and Visconti
Wauters (in today)
Bole and Gatto (me either...)

livestrongnick | 10 years ago
0 likes

I screwed my self big time yesterday going from 1st down to 61th! by scoring a poultry 16...  20

used 4 transfers (2 penalties)

Wiggins (for Cav)
Aru (for Puccio)
Betancur (for Blythe)
Paolini (for Howard)
Visconti
Bouhanni
Viviani
Dekker
Cattaneo

If Paolini holds on to the Pink today then we could see him in it at the start of the Time trial  39  26

0 likes

Just for clarification can we presume that the 2nd KOM point will be scored as the stage is classified as MM not SF?

letsgoup | 10 years ago
0 likes

I think if yesteday is anything to go by then your team is at best average. I miss called it totally yesterday and have put in GC contenders and taken penalty transfers for today. If they attacked on that poxy little climb yesterday then today's bigger climb will leave an even more select group in think. It seems the days of sit and look at each other until the queen stage are gone. Good for watching bad for picking a fantasy team.  14

Pages

Latest Comments