Home

Not to be snubbed twice, I'm starting this thread early. A win for Visconti gives him the Maglia Rosa. Felline looks a good bet, but so do Goss (climbing legs on) and Bouhanni.

66 comments

Avatar
drheaton [3318 posts] 2 years ago
0 likes
Avatar
JAndrewHill [1206 posts] 2 years ago
0 likes

I like the d'italia in this thread title, so I think I will Post on it.

I want a katusha win tomorrow.

Avatar
obutterwick [474 posts] 2 years ago
0 likes
JAndrewHill wrote:

I like the d'italia in this thread title, so I think I will Post on it.

I want a katusha win tomorrow.

Hooray! I feel it's a vital element.

Avatar
obutterwick [474 posts] 2 years ago
0 likes
drheaton wrote:

Too slow

http://road.cc/content/forum/82661-giro-stage-3

Darn.

Avatar
stumps [3188 posts] 2 years ago
0 likes

I started the same thread earlier just cos i was looking at my transfers and was totally nonplussed who to pick, but i will happily contribute to your's  4

As i said earlier i've picked some decent AR guys for tomorrow with a bit left over for anything i fancy for stage 4 but hopefully to save it for sprinters in stage 5.

Avatar
obutterwick [474 posts] 2 years ago
0 likes
stumps wrote:

I started the same thread earlier just cos i was looking at my transfers and was totally nonplussed who to pick, but i will happily contribute to your's  4

As i said earlier i've picked some decent AR guys for tomorrow with a bit left over for anything i fancy for stage 4 but hopefully to save it for sprinters in stage 5.

Haha, yes I never thought to look for another one. Not to worry. Hard to know what to do with transfers...

Avatar
ray silvester [1836 posts] 2 years ago
0 likes

A Visconti win doesn't necessarily put him in pink......for example if any of SKY's fantastic 5(Puccio,Wiggo,Uran,Henao or Cataldo)come second then his 20 versus 12 would not be enough.

Then factor in 2 intermediate sprints worth 6,4,2 seconds each all coming before either of the categorised climbs.....don't be surprised to see someone go for bonuses today.

I see a break involving Bonnafond and Wurf today.....Visconti(the other KOM leader) won't be allowed to go with his GC position.Keizer's another likely breakaway guy and any more than three in that break will suit SKY,otherwise they may even try to get Puccio in a battle for any left over sprint bonuses available to the peloton.

I then expect a group of 30 or so to crest the final categorised climb together and then it's a daredevil downhill ride to the finish for the bonus seconds......my tip for the win today?

That would be telling(especially with 2 and a half hours left)

Avatar
drheaton [3318 posts] 2 years ago
0 likes
ray silvester wrote:

A Visconti win doesn't necessarily put him in pink......for example if any of SKY's fantastic 5(Puccio,Wiggo,Uran,Henao or Cataldo)come second then his 20 versus 12 would not be enough.

Then factor in 2 intermediate sprints worth 6,4,2 seconds each all coming before either of the categorised climbs.....don't be surprised to see someone go for bonuses today.

I see a break involving Bonnafond and Wurf today.....Visconti(the other KOM leader) won't be allowed to go with his GC position.Keizer's another likely breakaway guy and any more than three in that break will suit SKY,otherwise they may even try to get Puccio in a battle for any left over sprint bonuses available to the peloton.

I then expect a group of 30 or so to crest the final categorised climb together and then it's a daredevil downhill ride to the finish for the bonus seconds......my tip for the win today?

That would be telling(especially with 2 and a half hours left)

I think you're over estimating how much Sky will want to keep the pink today. They have no reason to work to keep Puccio in pink when they have bigger goals on the horizon. I reckon they'd let it go if they could to someone on a smaller team.

Avatar
stumps [3188 posts] 2 years ago
0 likes

Still an hour to go but here's my team. If anyone is desperate enough to follow my lead and make some changes along my team feel free  3

Wilco Kelderman
Taylor Phinney
Kanstantin Siutsou
Stefano Locatelli
Leigh Howard
Jens Mouris
Jose Cayetano Sarmiento
Mauro Santambrogio
Thomas Dekker

Avatar
ray silvester [1836 posts] 2 years ago
0 likes
drheaton wrote:
ray silvester wrote:

A Visconti win doesn't necessarily put him in pink......for example if any of SKY's fantastic 5(Puccio,Wiggo,Uran,Henao or Cataldo)come second then his 20 versus 12 would not be enough.

Then factor in 2 intermediate sprints worth 6,4,2 seconds each all coming before either of the categorised climbs.....don't be surprised to see someone go for bonuses today.

I see a break involving Bonnafond and Wurf today.....Visconti(the other KOM leader) won't be allowed to go with his GC position.Keizer's another likely breakaway guy and any more than three in that break will suit SKY,otherwise they may even try to get Puccio in a battle for any left over sprint bonuses available to the peloton.

I then expect a group of 30 or so to crest the final categorised climb together and then it's a daredevil downhill ride to the finish for the bonus seconds......my tip for the win today?

That would be telling(especially with 2 and a half hours left)

I think you're over estimating how much Sky will want to keep the pink today. They have no reason to work to keep Puccio in pink when they have bigger goals on the horizon. I reckon they'd let it go if they could to someone on a smaller team.

On Tuesday the race reaches its most southerly point, closest to Puccio’s home region of Sicily, and the British squad may feel morally obliged to defend the lead at least until there?

Avatar
drheaton [3318 posts] 2 years ago
0 likes

Don't know, tomorrow is a tough day and one where Puccio will likely not finish in the front group.

Given that Sky wanted Cataldo to get the pink I don't know how hard they'll work.

Avatar
TERatcliffe26 [4465 posts] 2 years ago
0 likes

I didn't really know what to do, so I brought in Visconti and Viscioso, but who knows what will happen, the only thing im lacking is a GC guy...

Phinney
Haas
Visconti
Viscioso
Zandio
Wynants
Cav
Bouhanni
Gavazzi

Avatar
ray silvester [1836 posts] 2 years ago
0 likes

I'm getting the GC guys in bit by bit.......starting with the best 2 descenders in the race(in my opinion):

Sanchez and Nibali in for Cavendish and Howard

Sanchez
Nibali
Wurf
Puccio
Goss
Navardauskas
Oliveira
Aru
Haas

Avatar
obutterwick [474 posts] 2 years ago
0 likes

Cavendish
Goss
Howard
Felline
Visconti
Puccio
Navardauskas
Dekker
Durasek

Avatar
ray silvester [1836 posts] 2 years ago
0 likes

Jackson Rodriguez - AND

Dirk Bellemakers - LTB

Fabio Taborre - VIN

Manuele Boaro - STT

Bert De Backer - ARG

Jarlinson Pantano Gomez - COL

Willem Wauters - VCD

Looks to be the break of the day with 5mins+

Avatar
Philip Unwin [941 posts] 2 years ago
0 likes

Taborre (VIN)
Wauters (VCD)
Baoro (SAX)
Pantano (COL)
Bellemakers (LOT)
Rodriguez (AND)
De Backer (ARG)
have about 4.30 lead

Avatar
drheaton [3318 posts] 2 years ago
0 likes

Excellent, Pantano is in my purists.

I made four changes, Nibali, Visconti, Paolini, Felline in, Cav, Viviani, Chicchi, Ferrari out to give me

Nibali
Paolini
Felline
Visconti
Bouhanni
Bennati
Dehaes
Mezgec
Gavazzi

Avatar
ray silvester [1836 posts] 2 years ago
0 likes

Taborre at 22" behind on GC is best placed of these.

Wauters at 34" behind is best placed on Youth.

Sky won't mind this.

Avatar
JAndrewHill [1206 posts] 2 years ago
0 likes

Shudda picked taaborre. He wins The Sprint.

Avatar
chokofingrz [404 posts] 2 years ago
0 likes

Does this mean that bringing Puccio in was a poor move?

Avatar
chrisdstripes [1705 posts] 2 years ago
0 likes

Right - been out all day but watching now. Totally unpredictable stage so I bottled out of my transfers and just swapped a couple of my cheap TTT guys for other cheap guys - Gatto and Bole in for Zandio and Keukeleire. Still have 4 sprinters so could be a total disaster today - may be best for me if the break stays out, even though I don't have anyone in it!

Avatar
livestrongnick [2118 posts] 2 years ago
0 likes
chokofingrz wrote:

Does this mean that bringing Puccio in was a poor move?

He should score some points today, all depends on the last climb. Seems that the break will be dragged back except Taborre. so if he can finish in the bunch won't be much change!  39

Avatar
drheaton [3318 posts] 2 years ago
0 likes

And Paolini attacks  4

Hope he can stay clear.

Avatar
Philip Unwin [941 posts] 2 years ago
0 likes

Final mountain classification end stage 3
1 Wauters (VCD)
2 Visconti (MOV)
3 Boaro (SAX)
4 Wurf (CAN)
5 Aru (CAN)

Avatar
livestrongnick [2118 posts] 2 years ago
0 likes

Nice pick Dr H

Avatar
drheaton [3318 posts] 2 years ago
0 likes

Paolini wins! You beauty! Stage win and maglia Rosa too  4

Avatar
drheaton [3318 posts] 2 years ago
0 likes

Paolini
Evans
Hesjedal

Good work by Hesjedal to pick up some time too thanks to bonuses.

Avatar
TheBigMong [212 posts] 2 years ago
0 likes

Finally, I pulled off a timely transfer.  16

Avatar
drheaton [3318 posts] 2 years ago
0 likes

Wiggins 8th, looks like a day where safe GC picks worked out well.

Good work from Wiggins to avoid the maglia rosa, Sky will be happy with that I think.

Avatar
dave atkinson [6148 posts] 2 years ago
0 likes

Paolini, eh?  1
had mr nibbles and santambrogio too, so pretty happy with that

Pages