Support road.cc

Like this site? Help us to make it better.

Eurosportplayer catch up service

I have signed up for Eurosport on the PC for the Giro thinking that I can use their catch up service for stages once they have finished or the highlights programmes, but when I tried to play the highlights from Saturday night this morning it wouldn't work. Am I doing something wrong or is there not a full catch up service

If you're new please join in and if you have questions pop them below and the forum regulars will answer as best we can.

Add new comment

9 comments

Simon_MacMichael | 10 years ago
0 likes

Wasn't working for me on either iPad or MacBook for today's stage.

Ended up watching on RAI.

Leviathan | 10 years ago
0 likes

Why does Sean Kelly keep saying 'Pela-tone,' is he plugging some printer cartridges?

MattT53 | 10 years ago
0 likes

Works fine for me on PC with a decent connection. But its not an iplayer style thing, just a live feed - basically the exact same as what you would get on TV.

Super Domestique | 10 years ago
0 likes

Out of interest, on 'player do you have the same commentary?

It's just Declan is killing me with his 'let me ask you a question Sean, then answer it before you do' style!

Kingrolo | 10 years ago
0 likes

I use it mostly for watching live rather than watch again. (I'm using it right now to watch stage 5 of the Giro at work during lunch.) Not had any problems with streaming to either work computer, home computer or iphone. I was expecting to be able to watch the stages in the evenings too because the highlights are on at 11:00 which is past my bedtime but there doesn't seem to be any to watch. I've found in the past that if they do put cycling up for watching again it's not usually until the next day.

Farky | 10 years ago
0 likes

I use it on my iPhone or iPad with no issues, Macbook Air on occasion also. No issues if the broadbands upto speed.

Cant say ive specifically looked at their highlights programme though, just live feed.

chiefoldmist | 10 years ago
0 likes

I found it okay a couple of years ago until they switched to using Moonlight to deliver the video, which means that only Windows computers could show the video, so I could no longer watch it.

They recently sent me an email advertising it again so I thought I would check it out.

I now mainly use a Google Nexus so I checked out the app. on the Play store but the reviews it has got are *so* bad I didn't bother and the comment above bears out this feedback.

Abbie | 10 years ago
0 likes

I would like to know the same. I thought their player service was like iplayers (watch when you like) but as yet have not found that. Big shame

Philiprints replied to Abbie | 10 years ago
0 likes

Unless they've fixed it recently Eurosport player is the WORST THING EVER INVENTED.

I bought it for the classics and it failed to provide anything watchable. The schedule doesn't tally with what's on. It freezes. The sound plays and the picture doesn't. Bah.

Oooh I'm angry.

And Breathe.

Yes. Better.

Happy thoughts.

Latest Comments