Support road.cc

Like this site? Help us to make it better.

Giro stage 3

I thought i would get in first with stage 3.

I've sat and looked at the profile for stage 3 for ages now trying to work out if it'll all come together on the downhill 20km to the finish or if, after the cat 2 climb earlier, there will be a breakaway still away as they crest the final 3rd cat climb.

Will Sky defend the pink or let a lesser light steal the show whilst they are watching their main rivals.

God i hate this comp  20

If you're new please join in and if you have questions pop them below and the forum regulars will answer as best we can.

Add new comment

16 comments

JAndrewHill | 10 years ago
0 likes

I looked at the form from a race Earlier In the Season With A Similar Finish, bur Gerrans And Velits Are not Riding The Giro. Hmmmmmmm

Stumps | 10 years ago
0 likes

Made my changes and i haven't picked any of the top GC guys.

Kept a few credits back for stage 4 when i may bring in a GC guy then or keep it in reserve for the sprint on stage 5.

drheaton | 10 years ago
0 likes

Its going to be a difficult stage and while I don't think we'll see a GC guy win I think they'll all be top 30 or 40 with a couple finishing top 20.

Might be too early for Nibs but with 20 seconds on offer for the winner I wouldn't put it past him. Stage 4 will be harder though so they might take it easy.

Basically, I've got no idea.

Stumps | 10 years ago
0 likes

Tuesdays stage might see a pop by one of them with the descent from the cat 3 measuring 10k then straight onto the climb for the cat 2 just before the end ?

JAndrewHill | 10 years ago
0 likes

I think its too Soon For Any of the Gc Guys To Make A Move. So Its Going To Be An Orica Or Saxo or euskatel or katusha Winner Imho

dave atkinson | 10 years ago
0 likes

i've gone for his nibs, because i think the descent will suit him and it'd be a statement of intent. probably come to nothing though  1

Ghedebrav replied to dave atkinson | 10 years ago
0 likes
Dave Atkinson wrote:

i've gone for his nibs, because i think the descent will suit him and it'd be a statement of intent. probably come to nothing though  1

I'm thinking the same. Tempted by Hesjedal also for similar reasons; he's not to be discounted.

Gkam84 | 10 years ago
0 likes

Stage 1: 152
Stage 2: 3548

Overall 3451

But my purist team went up 1209 places today  26

Stumps | 10 years ago
0 likes

6000 posts Mr A  41

0 likes

i can't see the true sprinters getting over that last hill in contention, but you never know. maybe OPQS clocked off at the TTT today to give cav the best shot of a win tomorrow? i'll be cross if they did cause i subbed him out  1

chiv30 replied to dave atkinson | 10 years ago
0 likes
Dave Atkinson wrote:

i can't see the true sprinters getting over that last hill in contention, but you never know. maybe OPQS clocked off at the TTT today to give cav the best shot of a win tomorrow? i'll be cross if they did cause i subbed him out  1

That was exactly my thinking watching it today hence I kept cav and another sprinter who's team seemed to do the same ....but I also think the last climb could be an opportunity for the likes of Nibali to attack and try to get some time into sir Wiggo on the descent  39

0 likes

can anyone beat my inconsistency?

stage 1: 1st
stage 2: 3948th

heading back up tomorrow

drheaton | 10 years ago
0 likes

Howard possibly if he can get there, it depends how selective the front group ends up, someone like Ventoso maybe or Phinney might be that little bit stronger and more likely to end up fighting for the win. Maybe Navardauskas?

drheaton | 10 years ago
0 likes

Oh, and for what its worth I don't see it being a finish that suits Cavendish, Viviani or other similar sprinters, I reckon small bunch sprint.

Stumps replied to drheaton | 10 years ago
0 likes
drheaton wrote:

Oh, and for what its worth I don't see it being a finish that suits Cavendish, Viviani or other similar sprinters, I reckon small bunch sprint.

Thats what i was thinking, someone who can put their foot down but can also climb a bit, like Kelderman or Howard.

Decisions decisions  39

drheaton | 10 years ago
0 likes

I reckon Sky will let it go if the right break goes, I don't think they'll want to work too hard tomorrow as it gets much tougher very quickly. The thing is, in the last 50km it won't be up to them, if some of the sprinters teams miss out on the break they may try and bring it back irrespective of what Sky do.

Latest Comments