Support road.cc

Like this site? Help us to make it better.

Giro - Stage 1

Here we go:

How many sprinters on the start line do we go for?

If you're new please join in and if you have questions pop them below and the forum regulars will answer as best we can.

Add new comment

58 comments

drheaton | 10 years ago
0 likes

1,2,3 for me and nothing else, the crash in the last 3km pretty much ruined my chances of anything more. Looks like it happened up front and split the peloton badly, reckon the likes of Ferrari were caught up in it.

Alan Tullett | 10 years ago
0 likes

Cav wins!! All my big guys in there!! Damn! I had Ventoso until the last minute.

drheaton | 10 years ago
0 likes

Cav
Viviani
Bouhanni
Nizzolo
Goss
Ventoso
Blythe
Howard
Hondo
Lancaster

are your top 10

drheaton | 10 years ago
0 likes

I make it Cav, Viviani, Bouhanni, Nizzolo, Goss but Bouhanni was doing a Renshaw so not sure if he'll get demoted.

drheaton | 10 years ago
0 likes

Matt Goss, the new Tyler Farrar.

adholman | 10 years ago
0 likes

Mmmm...I had Wurf in my team but took him out!

drheaton | 10 years ago
0 likes

Break of seven up the road with a lead of 2 minutes

Wurf, Visconti, Honnaford, Canola, Mestre, Bulgac, Keizer

Wig_Billy | 10 years ago
0 likes

Cav
Goss
Bouhanni
Viviani
Appollonio
Blythe
Gavazzi
Dehaes
Dekker

Alan Tullett replied to Wig_Billy | 10 years ago
0 likes
Wig_Billy wrote:

Cav
Goss
Bouhanni
Viviani
Appollonio
Blythe
Gavazzi
Dehaes
Dekker

Similar to mine.

Goss and Viviani and Cav in there. Bouhanni as well.

Stumps | 10 years ago
0 likes

Been waiting for this day to come for a while now,

gone with

Elia Viviani
Mark Cavendish
Roberto Ferrari
Stefano Locatelli
Matthew Goss
Jens Mouris
Jose Cayetano Sarmiento
Danny Pate
Thomas Dekker

with one eye on tomorrow as well.

drheaton | 10 years ago
0 likes

Cavendish
Bouhanni
Viviani
Ferrari
Bennati
Chicchi
Dehaes
Mezgec
Gavazzi

9 sprinters with a view to making no transfers tonight (I never bother with TTTs) then I'll switch out the flat guys for more climby types. It's likely that Mezgec and Gavazzi will end up stuck in my team for the full three weeks.

djb123 | 10 years ago
0 likes

I'm probably going to do both teams as purist, due to the fact that Exeter Uni decides to put our exams during the first two weeks of the Giro so I wont have time to do it properly.
'Standard':
Sanchez
Bouhanni
Scarponi
Kelderman
Casar
Santambrogio
Aru
Navardauskas
Mezgec
I might mess around with it for the last week, seeing as how I will have a decent number of transfers.

ray silvester | 10 years ago
0 likes

My Standards

Cavendish
Goss
Viviani
Howard
Gavazzi
Puccio
Oliveira
Haas
Aru

Purists
Wiggins,Nibali,Kelderman,Aru,Betancur,Weening,Garzelli,Ludviggson and the 'must have' S.Sanchez.

Are we having a seperate Giro Purist thread?

chrisdstripes | 10 years ago
0 likes

Mine is...
Cav
Goss
Nizzolo
Ferrari
Viviani
Gavazzi
Keukeleire
Zandio
Dekker

Hopefully no transfers for tomorrow...

rcorbin | 10 years ago
0 likes

Using the Giro to get stage wins, my purist team looks strong though!

Stage 1 I have 8 sprinters from 8 teams plus berard

ray silvester | 10 years ago
0 likes

Looks like a lot of us have similar ideas as far as tactics go picking teams for stages 1 and 2 combined so as to have 4 transfers for stage 3.

I thought the plan of having riders 6,7,8 and 9 as cheap guys from good TTT teams was going to be a bright idea but it seems everyone's at it......although I can't help thinking there's another minor tactic being missed which 6 of mine pander to(most who know me will know what that is)?

chrisdstripes replied to ray silvester | 10 years ago
0 likes
ray silvester wrote:

Looks like a lot of us have similar ideas as far as tactics go picking teams for stages 1 and 2 combined so as to have 4 transfers for stage 3.

I thought the plan of having riders 6,7,8 and 9 as cheap guys from good TTT teams was going to be a bright idea but it seems everyone's at it......although I can't help thinking there's another minor tactic being missed which 6 of mine pander to(most who know me will know what that is)?

Young riders maybe?

ray silvester replied to chrisdstripes | 10 years ago
0 likes
chrisdstripes wrote:
ray silvester wrote:

Young riders maybe?

I was tempted to put the cat(Gatto)amongst the Pigeons but hope that my kids can scare the birds instead and move back up the Forum's Scorum's,London and Overall leagues......also hoping for a 10k badge by the end(should be easily attainable especially with Cali pts to add also).

Ghedebrav | 10 years ago
0 likes

Off for a ride now so - revelation for your collective ass:

Cavendish
Ferrari
Bouhanni
Degenkolb
Bennati
Blythe
Zandio
Taborre
Mezgec

Final two are just 3.0 punts. Zandio's in for the TTT. All-out sprint otherwise. Not sure what my plan is for transfers after this (other than bringing in another Sky person tomorrow) but hoping for a decent score today.

Anyone found any Neapolitan home-town heroes to select?

livestrongnick | 10 years ago
0 likes

Took me along time to come to this team

standard

Cav
Bouhanni
Degen
Viviani
Blythe
Nizzolo
Gavazzi
Dekker
Cattaneo

Had Goss for most of the week but figured too expensive for today. So he will prob bloody win today when Ferrari takes out Cav!

May the 4th be with you my young Jedi Padawans!

JAndrewHill | 10 years ago
0 likes

purist is nine italians...
2 AR
2 PC
1 KM
4 DS

std I have...
cav
bouhi
degen
howard
blythe
chicci
pate
zandio
garate

some picks ready for the ttt tomorrow

adholman | 10 years ago
0 likes

Nizzolo or Viviana?...that is my dilemma!!

TERatcliffe26 | 10 years ago
0 likes

Been as though im off to work and can't change it, I may as well post it. I don't really know what ive done with my team, but got one eye on the TTT. Also one eye on stage 8 with Phinney as he could also contest some of the MM stages. Same with Haas for MM stages, and even Wynants and Gavazzi to a degree. Wynants as blanco have no sprinter

Cav
Bouhanni
Ferrari
Nizzolo
Phinney
Haas
Zandio
Wynants
Gavazzi

Will name my purist after the stage

stevemarks | 10 years ago
0 likes

I have some stronger rouleur type sprinters for the mountains but no GC guys from the start, and I am panicking a bit.

I seem to have a lot of Italians on my wish list, wondering if I can get a full stallion team together at some point. Is Wiggio Italian?  3

d_jp | 10 years ago
0 likes

You're right, it's difficult with the TTT in the mix... at the moment my team is Cav plus a bit of a gamble with a few guys that could do OK in the MM stages too... but that could all change  1

Gkam84 | 10 years ago
0 likes

I am know from last year for putting out dummy teams, but this is my genuine team for tomorrow and the TTT having 4 transfers to switch a couple of the stage 3 and then working on from there

Mark Cavendish
Elia Viviani
Nacer Bouhanni
Adam Blythe
Davide Appollonio
Eros Capecchi
Rafal Majka
Adam Hansen
Jens Mouris

obutterwick | 10 years ago
0 likes

I have 2 possible teams and can't decide which to go for. Mostly due to the TTT on Sunday. Annoying.

Gkam84 | 10 years ago
0 likes

9  26

Pages

Latest Comments