Support road.cc

Like this site? Help us to make it better.

Bib shorts being rubbed by saddle

Changed my saddle last week to a Fizik Kurve from an Antares Versus for comfort reasons. Ridden twice so far and both times have resulted in rubbing/ pilling on the underside of the shorts/ pad. One pair of shorts was on the first ride too. Naturally I'm not chuffed and at this rate I'll be throwing away money on what are expensive bibs. Anyone had similar from a Kurve Snake or Arione? I'm going to get the bike on the turbo and see just where any rubbing is occurring too.

If you're new please join in and if you have questions pop them below and the forum regulars will answer as best we can.

Add new comment

2 comments

Spud | 10 years ago
0 likes

Thanks, I'm aware of the test saddles, but did a lot of research and settled on this one. the feel is fine, I think the discomfort of the Antares VS stems from ramping up mileage of late and it being too wide. If it's combination of my backside and the saddle then it may have to go.

Chris | 10 years ago
0 likes

Doesn't sound ideal.
If it's causing excessive fabric wear in such a short time just imagine the long-term effect on your botty.
Tinkering with the saddle position might be surprisingly effective but sadly all saddles don't suit all physiologies so you might end up having to accept that the Kurve just isn't right for you personally, even though there's nothing actually wrong with it.
Because a saddle's fit is such an individual thing some Fizik dealers operate a test saddle service where you can borrow the model you are interested in for a couple of weeks before deciding if you want to pay for one. Doesn't help you in this case but worth checking out if you're going to look for another model.
Other brands also offer loan saddles, so check with your LBS next time you're looking.

Latest Comments