Support road.cc

Like this site? Help us to make it better.

Forme Axe Edge Comp

Anybody got one? Ridden a Forme? Im thinking about shelling out £1300 for this http://www.formebikes.co.uk/bikes/road/axeedgecomp.php but cant find any opinions either way? (ps £1300 includes a set of pedals and a pair of shoes as well)Its either this or the Canyon Roadlite 7.0 as the ally alternative

If you're new please join in and if you have questions pop them below and the forum regulars will answer as best we can.

Add new comment

15 comments

skitza | 10 years ago
0 likes

Thanks all mind made up paying my deposit and getting measured up tomorrow,thanks again

Torvid | 10 years ago
0 likes

I have a Forme Vision which is basically the alu version of the axe and I really like it, use it to commute to work on 46 miles rounds trip. It's been solid and no complaints and it has had some abuse over this winter.

skitza | 10 years ago
0 likes

He did! but the Forme caught my eye

andylul | 10 years ago
0 likes

Oh yes - surprised he hasn't tried to sell you a Moda  1

He's a great guy though - lots of experience.

skitza | 10 years ago
0 likes

Mellow Miles, Nigel i think is the guys name, nice enough fella talks for England  1

andylul | 10 years ago
0 likes

Is that Bright's or Mellow Miles?

skitza | 10 years ago
0 likes

*get longer*

skitza | 10 years ago
0 likes

directory of bike fitting places and general LBS would be a great idea, and dont tell me my shortlist will take longer! Its taken nearly a month to trim too two!  1

notfastenough | 10 years ago
0 likes

Ok, so the shoes are probably the R087, possibly matched with SPD-SL pedals. Nothing wrong with that, although the fit of them didn't suit my feet.

A bike fitting is a good idea, although I don't know of any down south. (Perhaps a Road.cc directory with reviews/comments would be a good idea?) Be prepared to find that the cost is offset against the price of the bikes on offer, so your shortlist will get longer!

Somewhere like Sigma Sport will probably be a good bet.

skitza | 10 years ago
0 likes

should add this will be my first Road bike

skitza | 10 years ago
0 likes

reasonably fit, 3000 miles on my mtb in the last year , maybe i should go for a fit somewhere , cant remember name of the pedals but probably cheepies but the shoes were shimano? i think he said they retail at £80

0 likes

Hmm, I know what you mean. Even I could measure you up, but it wouldn't count as a bike fit. However (and obviously I don't know how fit/experienced you are), since your body changes when you ride more, it's probably not such a bad thing to get a few months riding in first anyway to reveal any aches/pains etc.

What pedals/shoes are they throwing in?

skitza | 10 years ago
0 likes

Thanks , not Derby its a LBS in Horley in Sussex, and he'd 'measure me up!' not sure that constitutes a bike fit or not.
The Canyons do seem highly recommended but yes id need a bike fit with figures and to get the bike built when it was delivered which is a bit of a bind.

0 likes

I don't have one, but have only heard good things about them. You going to their place in Derby? IIRC that offer comes with a bike fitting too, right? I'd take it. I'd only buy from Canyon (or any other online-only brand) if I knew not just what bike I wanted, but exactly the riding position I wanted to achieve etc.

skitza | 10 years ago
0 likes

any Forme riders users out there?!

Latest Comments