Support road.cc

Like this site? Help us to make it better.

Tour de Romandie - Stage 5 (ITT)

Presumably it's Froome's now, but the rest of the podium is up for grabs. I think it'll be Spilak and Kelderman, with Costa narrowly missing out.

If you're new please join in and if you have questions pop them below and the forum regulars will answer as best we can.

Add new comment

47 comments

chrisdstripes | 10 years ago
0 likes

Poor for me today - biggest mistake was choosing Boaro over Malori, but there were plenty of others! Surprised Kelderman and Tuft weren't higher, and that Spilak and Westra were so good. Picking Brajkovic over Spilak yesterday probably cost me close to 100 points!

Purists may have done OK thanks to Martin, Ludvigsson, Rui Costa and Porte - started 12th so hoping for a top 10 badge. Hopefully used up my crap picks this week and can get some better luck in the Giro...

EDIT - purists actually dropped 5 places! Nev'mind...

drheaton | 10 years ago
0 likes

Moved up into the top ten for the tour so very happy. A good day and I did well picking up Martin and Spilak for Porte and Talansky, Kelderman disappointed but still got me GC and young rider points, once again I totally forgot about Malori though!

Stumps | 10 years ago
0 likes

120 points for today so not bad, stages 1 & 2 let me down big style so i was never in with a chance following that.  2

Wig_Billy | 10 years ago
0 likes

I felt like I was making lots of mistakes with my transfers in this race, so to finish 6th is a bit of a surprise. Now bring on the Giro.  4

johnny2names | 10 years ago
0 likes

Well after a bad first 2 stages, I'm pleased my over active use of penalty transfers resulted in 17th place. Kudos to drheaton for reading this race right and not having to use penalty T's! Great result, and well done obutterwick, well played sir.
My first GT next, bit nervous! I'm already pretty certain my purist will be a disaster....

drheaton | 10 years ago
0 likes

I actually used three penalty transfers but got them in early after the prologue so I didn't need any at the weekend.

In hindsight I wished I'd used one more to bring in Mezgec but I can't complain too much, as far as I'm concerned he came out of nowhere.

TERatcliffe26 replied to chrisdstripes | 10 years ago
0 likes
chrisdstripes wrote:

Purists may have done OK thanks to Martin, Ludvigsson, Rui Costa and Porte - started 12th so hoping for a top 10 badge. Hopefully used up my crap picks this week and can get some better luck in the Giro...

My purists started 7th, dropped 4 places to 11th despite having Froome, Spilak and Ludvigsson

obutterwick replied to johnny2names | 10 years ago
0 likes
johnny2names wrote:

Well after a bad first 2 stages, I'm pleased my over active use of penalty transfers resulted in 17th place. Kudos to drheaton for reading this race right and not having to use penalty T's! Great result, and well done obutterwick, well played sir.
My first GT next, bit nervous! I'm already pretty certain my purist will be a disaster....

Many thanks. I finally feel I understand this game, but that'll all change come the Giro. Good luck all!

Alan Tullett replied to chrisdstripes | 10 years ago
0 likes
chrisdstripes wrote:

Poor for me today - biggest mistake was choosing Boaro over Malori, but there were plenty of others! Surprised Kelderman and Tuft weren't higher, and that Spilak and Westra were so good. Picking Brajkovic over Spilak yesterday probably cost me close to 100 points!

Yes. I actually beat your purists by 1 point! In fact my purists beat my standard by 42 points, which is unheard of for me. Didn't take this one too seriously to be honest. Had Martin and Malori for the wrong TT! Hope I do better in Giro as well, (but I will be doing a lot more research and taking a bit longer than one minute to make my picks each day - may go stage hunting more than trying to win the bike and to hell with my overall position.)

TERatcliffe26 | 10 years ago
0 likes

Score are up

Gkam84 | 10 years ago
0 likes

1,3,4,5,7,9 Burghardt for mountains aswell.....but I took penalty points  20

obutterwick | 10 years ago
0 likes

1,2, 3, 9, 13 and 1, 3, 5, 10 on GC

drheaton | 10 years ago
0 likes

I reckon I bagged about 143 points today, hopefully enough to move me up a little bit.

ianbar | 10 years ago
0 likes

blew that big time, was 2nd in yorkshire and a couple places outside top 10 overall but no chance of keeping either of them i recon, should have got rid of pinot for malori and taken the penalty hit...fortune favours the brave, and i was a coward! grrr

simon F | 10 years ago
0 likes

1,2,3,5 & 20. Couldn't decide between dropping Porte and Talansky so made the wrong choice - could have been worse though.

0 likes

GC

1.Froome
2.Spilak
3.Costa
4.Danielson
5.Kelderman
6.Peraud
7.JVDB
8.Porte
9.Valverde
10.Wyss

0 likes

1,2,7 and 9 on the stage and thats it! at least I will have top 3 in the young riders classification. Should be a par score maybe

0 likes

41 MARTIN T. OPQ 21:07.670
2 115 MALORI A. LAM 16
3 1 FROOME C. SKY 34
4 161 WESTRA L. VCD 36
5 18 SPILAK S. KAT 41
6 83 CLEMENT S. BLA 50
7 6 PORTE R. SKY 52
8 123 CHRISTENS. M. TST 55
9 53 DENNIS R.* GRS 56
10 181 LUDVIGSSO. T.* ARG 01:01
11 171 VAN DEN B. J. LTB ST
12 91 PERAUD J. ALM 01:02
13 33 COSTA R. MOV ST
14 52 DANIELSON T. GRS ST
15 138 TUFT S. OGE 01:04
16 24 MACHADO T. RLT 01:05
17 67 PINOTTI M. BMC 01:06
18 26 OLIVEIRA N.* RLT ST
19 157 ROY J. FDJ ST
20 51 TALANSKY A. GRS 01:07

drheaton | 10 years ago
0 likes

1,3,5,9 and 13 plus GC and young rider points. Happy with my transfers.

simon F | 10 years ago
0 likes

That's your top 20

1 41 MARTIN T. OPQ 21:07.670
2 115 MALORI A. LAM 16
3 1 FROOME C. SKY 34
4 161 WESTRA L. VCD 36
5 18 SPILAK S. KAT 41
6 83 CLEMENT S. BLA 50
7 6 PORTE R. SKY 52
8 123 CHRISTENSEN. M. TST 55
9 53 DENNIS R.* GRS 56
10 181 LUDVIGSSON. T.* ARG 01:01
11 171 VAN DEN BROECK. J. LTB ST
12 91 PERAUD J. ALM 01:02
13 33 COSTA R. MOV ST
14 52 DANIELSON T. GRS ST
15 138 TUFT S. OGE 01:04
16 24 MACHADO T. RLT 01:05
17 67 PINOTTI M. BMC 01:06
18 26 OLIVEIRA N.* RLT ST
19 157 ROY J. FDJ ST
20 51 TALANSKY A. GRS 01:07

drheaton | 10 years ago
0 likes

Porte only 5th, Talansky 16th at the minute, quite happy with my transfers now  4

Gkam84 | 10 years ago
0 likes

Tony Martin
Christopher Froome
Richie Porte
Simon Spilak
Marcus Burghardt
Marcel Wyss
Lieuwe Westra
Rohan Dennis
Perrig Quemeneur

Took some penalty points to get the team, Quemeneur was just to fill a spot

rcorbin | 10 years ago
0 likes

haven't bothered with this comp until today, hoping for the full house badge today

Andrew Talansky (GRM)
Richie Porte (SKY)
Tony Martin (OPQ)
Lieuwe Westra (VCD)
Marco Pinotti (BMC)
Adriano Malori (LAM)
Rohan Dennis (GRM)
Sebastien Reichanbach (IAM)
Julien Berard (ALM)

0 likes

Cracking ride from malori, should get some decent points from him at least  1

livestrongnick | 10 years ago
0 likes

ah brilliant considered alot of riders for this but non of them had the form so disregarded them, tuft, Malori, Meyer and Dennis! just sums up my week.....:-(

drheaton | 10 years ago
0 likes

My team is

Froome
Martin (for Porte)
Kelderman (for Talansky)
Costa
Spilak (for Rujano)
Dennis for (Morabito)
Rensburg
Bravo
Wyss

Some odd changes but there's reason behind it. If I want to make top 10 then I need to pull something out of the bag. Both Porte and Talansky looked knackered yesterday so I've dropped them form in form guys. I also picked up Spilak whom can TT and should be fighting to keep his good GC position.

Stumps | 10 years ago
0 likes

My team for today, messed this comp up by miss reading the profiles so glad its going to be over today.

Christopher Froome (SKY)
Andrew Talansky (GRM)
Richie Porte (SKY)
Tony Martin (OPQ)
Marcel Wyss (IAM)
Simon Spilak (KAT)
Dmitriy Kozontchuk (KAT)

had 2 dns in my team but as both only 3 credits each just left them out without taking penalties.

0 likes

Blimey, Malori is miles ahead at the halfway check...

0 likes

Burghardt could be taking the LR for anyone that still has him in...

obutterwick | 10 years ago
0 likes

Good old Rohan!

Pages

Latest Comments