Support road.cc

Like this site? Help us to make it better.

Sky Giro 2013 team

Sky have announced their team for this years Giro. What do people think about the team and is it good enough for Wiggo or one of the others to win the title ?

Team;
Bradley Wiggins
Dario Cataldo
Sergio Henao
Christian Knees
Danny Pate
Salvatore Puccio
Kanstantsin Siutsou
Rigoberto Urán
Xabier Zandio

If you're new please join in and if you have questions pop them below and the forum regulars will answer as best we can.

Add new comment

7 comments

drheaton | 10 years ago
0 likes

As top ten contenders I mean that Cataldo, Uran and Henao are all riders who would probably finish in the top 10 if riding for themselves, as proven past year when Uran and Henao finished top ten and Cataldo was just outside.

Gkam84 | 10 years ago
0 likes

Henao and Uran top 10 contenders?

I doubt that, yes they can climb, but not once they have ridden a stage on the front driving Wiggo home. Cataldo can do a Froome and get Sky two podium places.

As Ray says, so really strong teams this year. A lot of the big guys seem to be looking at Giro over TdF, then maybe using Vuelta as a warm up for the worlds this year.

ray silvester | 10 years ago
0 likes

It seems that hey've allocated Uran and Henao to Wiggo with Porte and Kiryenka for Froome.

That's a very strong team though but don't discount Astana,Garmin,Saxo,BMC or Movistar being pretty strong too although they'd need to put all their key soldiers in to compete with Sky's 'split' teams and couldn't afford to leave guys as good as Porte,Kiryenka,Eisel and Froome behind.

Metjas | 10 years ago
0 likes

With a team like this, do you still need Wiggo? Just joking!

drheaton | 10 years ago
0 likes

Nah, Porte for the Giro next year, Uran/Henao for the Vuelta this year I reckon. I can't see Brailsford making the same mistake this year and sending someone who's riden the TdF hard to the Vuelta.

Strong squad of climbers, Knees and Pate can ride on the front for miles, Siutsou is a solid climber as is Zandio, and Henao, Uran and Cataldo are all top 10 contenders.

Tell me, who else will be taking a team this strong to any race this year?

Gkam84 | 10 years ago
0 likes

A couple of decent climbers. But no Porte....Makes me think he'll be Froome's wing man this year and get a tilt at the Vuelta

chrisdstripes | 10 years ago
0 likes

Super-strong! And totally focused on GC. They will be tough to beat...

Latest Comments