Support road.cc

Like this site? Help us to make it better.

Best tube?

I have just acquired some Vision aero wheels for my bicycle. I am using Continental 60 mm tubes, but having a problem with one deflating after pumping with a hand pump (to cut a long story short, it's unscrewing the valve attachment and deflated overnight even when I had pumped up okay). Now, just in case I have a problem with these - and I might be jumping the gun - but just in case I have to buy something else what is the best tube on the market (with a 60 mm valve) that you people would recommend from experience? Ta

If you're new please join in and if you have questions pop them below and the forum regulars will answer as best we can.

Add new comment

5 comments

ilovemytinbred | 10 years ago
0 likes

As above, tighten valve core with pliers or similar.

Contis are fine tubes, the only reason to get anything different is if you wanted speed, then the best is a latex tube.

Ghostie | 10 years ago
0 likes

Netclectic they are Race 28s. Cheers for the replies as I wanted to be prepared if any problems arise. Ill try Step-hent's suggestion about supergluing the valve core. Thanks.

netclectic | 10 years ago
0 likes

Which Conti tubes are you using?

I like the Continental Race Supersonic tubes which you can get in 60mm.

Simon E | 10 years ago
0 likes

What I did with one tube that would come undone was to gently tighten it with narrow nose pliers.

Schwalbe SV15 XL and SV20 XL have a 60mm valve, I can't remember if they have a removable core. I think there is an SV20 XXL with 80mm valve too.

step-hent | 10 years ago
0 likes

I use the Specialized Turbo tubes, which are very light and good quality. You can save the continentals though - remove the removeable valve core, put a dab of superglue on the threads and put it back in. Stops the valve core from unscrewing when you unscrew the pump attachment (I've had the same problem in the past).

Hope that helps!

Latest Comments