Support road.cc

Like this site? Help us to make it better.

suncream and the like

I only started seriously cycling last august so am getting used to that big yellow thing in the sky that I've not really had to deal with before.
I went out yesterday for a long ride and now I have tan lines and a burnt neck. What do you lot do in the summer to stop getting burnt?
Any advice gratefully received

If you're new please join in and if you have questions pop them below and the forum regulars will answer as best we can.

Add new comment

4 comments

Tour Le Tour | 10 years ago
0 likes

I use banana boat, by the boatload!

dave atkinson | 10 years ago
0 likes

+1 for P20. it's not cheap, but it's the best i've tried. best to apply it 30 minutes before you go out, but it's once for the day and you're done.

NeilG83 | 10 years ago
0 likes

I burn quite easily and last summer I started using Riemann P20, which works well. You only need to apply it once a day and does wash off if you sweat.

If the sun is very strong I wear a jersey or t-shirt with a higher collar to protect my neck. Also, I first started wearing cycling gloves due to getting sunburnt hands.

andycoventry | 10 years ago
0 likes

Get a decent sports orientated sun-cream, I use piz-buin (or however you spell it) mountain range as I generally have loads left from snowboarding - seems to work a treat and last long enough for a decent ride without re-applying.

If you are really worried you can buy P50 from most supermarkets and that will definitely protect you in even the hottest day.

Tan lines should be embraced  16 cremating yourself perhaps not so much.

Latest Comments