Support road.cc

Like this site? Help us to make it better.

Who's doing the Nightrider ride on June 8th

Hello all,
I just signed up to this night ride around the dark, streets of London on a Saturday night. Not sure what I have got myself into so have any of you riders done it before? Or are any of you planning it this time?

any insight gratefully received.

If you're new please join in and if you have questions pop them below and the forum regulars will answer as best we can.

Add new comment

10 comments

Tuvelo | 10 years ago
0 likes

One more thing - when the route is released have a good look at it, use a garmin as a backup if you have one. Even though the route is really well signed, at night in a city it's easy to miss a turning. last year one sign was scumbagged and about 20% of the riders missed out Highgate Hill - and you don't want to do that!

stealfwayne | 10 years ago
0 likes

Tuvelo - thanks for the insight, good to know the nightlife were generally encouraging and not an extra danger. I have better look at my registration to see what time I start as I don't want to miss the start as I did for a sportive last summer....  7

I may take sone form of camera to take shot of the wildlife etc.. could be good for a laugh

jova54 | 10 years ago
0 likes

At last, someone who has done it. Are you doing it again this year?

I'm starting from Crystal Palace at around 11.00 pm I think. Have to check my entry form.

Tuvelo replied to jova54 | 10 years ago
0 likes

Can't ride it this year. Good luck on the night, do Parkinson's have their own start time?

jova54 replied to Tuvelo | 10 years ago
0 likes
Tuvelo wrote:

Can't ride it this year. Good luck on the night, do Parkinson's have their own start time?

I booked a time when I registered and as far as I know it hasn't been changed. I'll have to check the details when they get released on 10th May to see what the final word is.

Not done it before so just looking to tag-along with others and see how it goes.

Tuvelo | 10 years ago
0 likes

I've ridden all of the Nightriders, you'll have a blast. Don't be in a hurry, enjoy the tour of London, there are always people riding it too quickly and seeing nothing. The feeling of being in a group,with nothing else on the road in the middle of Canary Wharf, or on one of the river crossings is really special. Don't worry too much about the nightlife - most of them cheer you on.

stealfwayne | 11 years ago
0 likes

HI all, SO I am riding for Great Ormond st Hospital. And am starting from Alley pally. I get a nice warm up starting feom Finchley though before hand, I've have brought a couple of spoke LED's for the ride... Not sure what they are like but they are less than a tenner so as long as they fit they'll be worth it. I also have an old Lupine front burner and a couple of smaller LEDs, I fear being lit up like Santa's Sleigh but figure better safe than sorry..

theCiSCOkid | 11 years ago
0 likes

I'm signed up too, riding for 'Target Ovarian Cancer' Starting off from Crystal Palace midnight. Haven't done it before but doesn't look to bad. Did the highest point a couple of weeks ago, Palace to Hampstead Heath over to Ally Pally and back home. Good luck one and all.

jova54 | 11 years ago
0 likes

I'm doing it too, but also for the first time.

Where are you two starting from and who are you supporting?

mariomenti | 11 years ago
0 likes

Hi, I'm doing it this year, but it's the first time for me too, so I'm afraid I can't offer any experiences myself...

Latest Comments