Support road.cc

Like this site? Help us to make it better.

Aldi cycling gear

Just a heads up...
I see Aldi are having another cycling event:

http://www.aldi.co.uk/uk/html/offers/25791.htm

If you're new please join in and if you have questions pop them below and the forum regulars will answer as best we can.

Add new comment

10 comments

stanfree | 10 years ago
0 likes

I think I'll go for one of those £9.99 folding rain jackets for a get me home emergency jacket , Oh and a Chimnea. Cheers for the heads up.

Kapelmuur | 10 years ago
0 likes

I bought a pair of Aldi winter gloves last year, can't remember what they cost but less than a tenner. When temperatures fell below about 4 deg C the ends of my fingers went numb so I bought a pair of branded gloves in a sale(RRP £40) - guess what? When temperatures fell below 4 deg C the ends of my fingers went numb!

Their jackets and jerseys are fine for what I do and the shorts OK for up to about 2.5 hours - for longer rides I wear my branded pair.

cojones | 10 years ago
0 likes

All my winter gear is from Aldi. It's lasted three years and is set to go on...

dunnoh | 10 years ago
0 likes

The mitts are awful. Look OK but inside it has a piece of foam that really hurt my hands. Theres a pair of Gore mits on Amazon for a £10er that really are superb!

Tom Amos | 10 years ago
0 likes

I exaggerate slightly but the arms were *incredibly* short. Especially if you consider you need them a bit longer due to position on bike.

veseunr | 10 years ago
0 likes

4 Tom Amos = Gorilla arms  4

Tom Amos | 10 years ago
0 likes

I tried a jacket on last year. Fit round the chest was fine but sleeves came down to just past my elbows.

Some Fella | 10 years ago
0 likes

The jackets are good.

Cheesyclimber | 10 years ago
0 likes

Where it says "air ventilation pleat" read "hole". Nice-looking jacket though!

veseunr | 10 years ago
0 likes

Mitts look nice!

Latest Comments