Support road.cc

Like this site? Help us to make it better.

mavic hub destroyed?

So here's story.
Riding my Canyon cf slx around a TT race route that I'm planing on doing very soon..

Going up hill and struggling a lot, so I stop at top to see what's going on.

I notice that my spoke has broken but upon further inspection, its broke away from hub and thus no chance of repairing it as hub now chipped off.

I initially thought maybe I went over pop hole but I would of surly noticed this, so now think its a wheel failure.

How can I go about warranty claim? Do I do it through Canyon? advice please

If you're new please join in and if you have questions pop them below and the forum regulars will answer as best we can.

Add new comment

3 comments

blablablacksheep20 | 11 years ago
0 likes

Hi, thanks Trevor for response I'm actually atm trying to contact yourselfs but lines are busy.

If need be I'll email instead.
Speaking to other cyclists they all were shocked when I told them as mavic elites have such a high standing.

Just a shame I'm going to miss my TT race .

Tony Farrelly | 11 years ago
0 likes

Yes, if you bought the wheel as part of a complete bike package from Canyon they would be your first port of call for a warranty claim - they will in turn have a claim against the wheel manufacturer. Canyon have a UK presence and one of their jobs will be to deal with UK warranty issues.

Canyon UK replied to Tony Farrelly | 11 years ago
0 likes
tony_farrelly wrote:

Yes, if you bought the wheel as part of a complete bike package from Canyon they would be your first port of call for a warranty claim - they will in turn have a claim against the wheel manufacturer. Canyon have a UK presence and one of their jobs will be to deal with UK warranty issues.

Yep, spot on Tony. Thanks.

Blahblahblaksheep, we're gutted to hear you have had a wheel failure on your first ride. I can assure you that every wheel is thoroughly checked and trued in our factory in Koblenz Germany, (here's a workstation http://instagram.com/p/VWdWZghfFd/).

Please call us at the Canyon UK office in Kingston between 10 and 5 on +44 (0) 208 5496001 or email to uk [at] canyon.com.

We will do our upmost to get this sorted for you asap so you can get riding again.

Looking forward to hearing from you.

With kind regards,
Trevor @ Canyon

Latest Comments