Support road.cc

Like this site? Help us to make it better.

Sora to 105 Levers

Hi,

My wife just got a Genesis Equilibrium 00 (white). She loves the bike, but just saw my 105 and Ultegra levers on other bikes and she now doesn't like the Sora levers (cables everywhere) I also noticed the brakes are very stiff.

So my question is, can I put 105 levers on there, baring in mind they are 10spd and her Sora is 9spd?

Grateful for the advice.

Max

If you're new please join in and if you have questions pop them below and the forum regulars will answer as best we can.

Add new comment

4 comments

Ghostie | 11 years ago
0 likes

Didn't realise until reading this that the cables protrude from the housing on my 9-speed 105 STI levers on my bike like the Sora. While perhaps not as aesthetically pleasing as the current 10-speed model never been a concern at all.

Simon E | 11 years ago
0 likes

You've only just bought it and she's not happy? Tell her to quit moaning and start riding! That's what it's for.

(though I would try to get the brakes working better)

colhum1 replied to Simon E | 11 years ago
0 likes
Simon E wrote:

You've only just bought it and she's not happy? Tell her to quit moaning and start riding! That's what it's for.

(though I would try to get the brakes working better)

Lo.....l +1 for the brakes  4

j1mmy76 | 11 years ago
0 likes

In a word, no.

You'll also need to change the cassette, chain and probably the chainset to make it go 10-speed.

Latest Comments