Support road.cc

Like this site? Help us to make it better.

Tour De Romandie

With only 3 days till the race starts are we going to get it opened before the end of the weekend. Impatient i know but i'm at work Monday and the kids of an evening makes it kind of difficult.

If you're new please join in and if you have questions pop them below and the forum regulars will answer as best we can.

Add new comment

98 comments

STEVESPRO 79 | 10 years ago
0 likes

Totally agree with Stevemarks comments....This was a tough prologue to call but in all honesty I think its utter bolloc*s when riders enter a race and then dont give 100%.....Spilak and Peraud could not have gone harder on that stage, given current form, I dont think so.......

arsene | 10 years ago
0 likes

I'm convinced Spilak and Peraud actually gave 100%. They were in excellent shape at Pais Vasco, couple weeks ago. Many riders were sick afterwards and it's not easy to mantain that shape tho (recover without losing form). A lot of riders racing Romandie are close to peak form between Ardennes and Giro. Not anyone can be top 20 on any day. There are many factors that can be decisive in a 7.5 km prologue (shape, mental strength, preparation, weather). Spilak is on my team too and I expect some fine racing from him this week.  39  4

TERatcliffe26 replied to ray silvester | 10 years ago
0 likes
ray silvester wrote:
TERatcliffe26 wrote:
ray silvester wrote:

2)Anyone know the cut off point for youth eligibility? Is Talansky eleigible?

For a reason I cannot find, Talansky is not eligible for the young riders Jersey despite still being under 25  39
I was only able to confirm this once the startlist for the prologue was produced, so apologies if this affected your selecting riders.

I think some tours have lower age limits for qualification hence the question....no hard feelings for what you believed was the correct answer  3

A good TT for Pinot bodes well for his future as a GC guy and his battles with Tejay could be the future of the sport?

No worries, Its the cut off that confuses me, Nizzolo was 24 in Jan and is classed as a young rider, Talanksy was 24 in Nov and is not classed as a young rider, so maybe it has something to do with age on Jan 1st of the calender year?

Pinot surprised me as did a few others, including Clement considering it was so hilly. Could well be interesting, id throw Talansky, Betancur and Quintana in the mix too

STEVESPRO 79 replied to arsene | 10 years ago
0 likes
arsene wrote:

I'm convinced Spilak and Peraud actually gave 100%. They were in excellent shape at Pais Vasco, couple weeks ago. Many riders were sick afterwards and it's not easy to mantain that shape tho (recover without losing form). A lot of riders racing Romandie are close to peak form between Ardennes and Giro. Not anyone can be top 20 on any day. There are many factors that can be decisive in a 7.5 km prologue (shape, mental strength, preparation, weather). Spilak is on my team too and I expect some fine racing from him this week.  39  4

Sorry but Im just not buying into that philosophy...Stage was made for Spilak,Peraud and Velits....FACT...they did not ride...

ray silvester replied to drheaton | 10 years ago
0 likes
drheaton wrote:

Not sure altitude plays as large a part as you may think, read this:

http://inrng.com/2013/04/colombia-cycling-altitude/

Good article

STEVESPRO 79 replied to ray silvester | 10 years ago
0 likes
ray silvester wrote:
drheaton wrote:

Good article

Interesting read with some witty comments.....Rigoberto Uran...team Sky's `mane` man....  1

ray silvester replied to STEVESPRO 79 | 10 years ago
0 likes
STEVESPRO 79 wrote:
ray silvester wrote:
drheaton wrote:

Good article

Interesting read with some witty comments.....Rigoberto Uran...team Sky's `mane` man....  1

But if it's to do with attitude rather than altitude then why are their great riders(Colombia) all climbers?

drheaton | 10 years ago
0 likes

In Columbia there are more mountains, less flat roads, and to do well on the local junior scene you need to climb. Perhaps its a failing of the system but it just doesn't seem set up to produce sprinters.

Pages

Latest Comments