Support road.cc

Like this site? Help us to make it better.

Tour De Romandie

With only 3 days till the race starts are we going to get it opened before the end of the weekend. Impatient i know but i'm at work Monday and the kids of an evening makes it kind of difficult.

If you're new please join in and if you have questions pop them below and the forum regulars will answer as best we can.

Add new comment

98 comments

drheaton | 10 years ago
0 likes

Easily the most difficult race of the season to pick for so far, really struggling to get a team I'm happy with.

Anyone had a crack at a Giro team yet? Please tell me it's easier than this...

Gkam84 | 10 years ago
0 likes

I put a Giro team together, but its slowing falling apart....

Philip Unwin replied to Gkam84 | 10 years ago
0 likes
Gkam84 wrote:

This is doing my NUT in, here are my purist changes so far.

Lieuwe Westra
Patrick Gretsch
Simon Spilak
Gustav Erik Larsson
Jeremy Roy
Vasil Kiryienka
Svein Tuft
Jesse Sergent
Mathias Frank

Alejandro Valverde
Jurgen van de Walle
Marcel Wyss
Johnny Hoogerland
Matteo Montaguti
Thomas Danielson
Peter Velits
Roman Kreuziger
Christopher Sutton

Ivan Basso
Alejandro Valverde
Christopher Froome
Johnny Hoogerland
Mikel Astarloza
Alexandre Geniez
Vladimir Karpets
Romain Sicard
Steve Morabito

Still got nine hours. Keep going  19

drheaton | 10 years ago
0 likes

Jesus, don't scare me, there's 15 hours left!

My purist team is semi-picked and I may not change it, haven't even got a standard team submitted yet. Planning on catching some final coverage then throwing a team together on instinct.

Philip Unwin replied to drheaton | 10 years ago
0 likes
drheaton wrote:

Jesus, don't scare me, there's 15 hours left!

My purist team is semi-picked and I may not change it, haven't even got a standard team submitted yet. Planning on catching some final coverage then throwing a team together on instinct.

Was allowing for some sleep time, unless you're working night shift

Ghedebrav | 10 years ago
0 likes

Hoogerland seems pretty bargainous, but somehow he won't fit in my purist (it's him or Grabsch, and I'm going Grabsch). Other than that I'm pretty settled on my team, not too much hair-tearing. Worth bearing in mind that it's a short tour and there are two TTs  1

The standard is a bit different - a curiously long and punchy prologue. Things may change, but as it stands I've also gone Froome and Porte, though tempted by Talansky in place of the latter, which I could manage with a bit of jiggling. T. Martin's a definite, though.

drheaton replied to Ghedebrav | 10 years ago
0 likes
Ghedebrav wrote:

Hoogerland seems pretty bargainous, but somehow he won't fit in my purist (it's him or Grabsch, and I'm going Grabsch). Other than that I'm pretty settled on my team, not too much hair-tearing. Worth bearing in mind that it's a short tour and there are two TTs  1

Hoogerland is an odd one, he's cheap because he hasn't scrored points. I hate to say it but I think to a certain extent his career is built on being knocked off in the Tour, I don't remember him ever doing much else.

chrisdstripes | 10 years ago
0 likes

Hoogerland likes a break (or rather, hates riding in the peloton) so might be worth a go if you need a cheap gamble - but like drh says he's done nothing for aaaaages. One thing that's worked for me this season has been picking on form more than reputation (with a few exceptions)...

drheaton | 10 years ago
0 likes

What's everyone thinking about Tony Martin? He'll be in my team for the prologue and last stage but I'm sorely tempted to put him in my purist team. I can only see him losing masses of time on the queen stage so if he wins the prologue I'd be quids in on GC points, but if he doesn't then he's an expensive mistake.

Also, purist wise, what are you thinking for GC guys? With only one actual mountain stage are you edging more towards sprinters/TTers?

Alan Tullett replied to Philip Unwin | 10 years ago
0 likes
Philip Unwin wrote:

Pro-cycling stats appears to have crashed  20

Yes I noticed that as well! Bit of a pain as it was so easy to use. Using CQ until hopefully it's sorted out.

Mikeh789 | 10 years ago
0 likes

Davide Vigano-Lampre, currently riding Tour of Turkey.

keith roberts | 10 years ago
0 likes

does anyone know what the transfers are after the prolouge? how many riders do we get to change? i just knocked up an amazing TT team...but dont know how many i'll have to live with for stage one....?

drheaton | 10 years ago
0 likes

2 transfers per stage. But you can take additional penalty transfer costing 10 points each.

keith roberts | 10 years ago
0 likes

thanks doc!

obutterwick replied to Stumps | 10 years ago
0 likes
stumps wrote:

Froome and Porte in for me, both can climb and both can TT so hopefully both will be high up on GC.

Same for me.

TERatcliffe26 | 10 years ago
0 likes

Im gonna look at the startlists now and do an update, just in from work

obutterwick | 10 years ago
0 likes

Ooooh, Phinney out.

Gkam84 | 10 years ago
0 likes

TER....come on mate, You are changing to the wrong startlist at this time at night??  13

TERatcliffe26 replied to Gkam84 | 10 years ago
0 likes
Gkam84 wrote:

TER....come on mate, You are changing to the wrong startlist at this time at night??  13

When do you want me to do it? It was as up to date as it could be when I left for work at 3, I got in from work half hour ago (to which riders had changed) and so i updated, I don't have a computer or internet access at work

Gkam84 | 10 years ago
0 likes

http://www.tourderomandie.ch/en/38-racers <<< That's the start list.

Phinney is listed there....  39

TERatcliffe26 replied to Gkam84 | 10 years ago
0 likes
Gkam84 wrote:

http://www.tourderomandie.ch/en/38-racers <<< That's the start list.

Phinney is listed there....  39

That startlist is out of date, it hasn't changed since it was posted around a week ago. Im using this http://www.cyclingfever.com/editie.html?detp=view&_ap=startlijst&editie_...

As on that startlist Voeckler and Amador are out injured and Hofland, Vigano, Palini, Favilli, Pozatto are all racing in Turkey

0 likes

This is the team from the BMC official site posted today: Adam Blythe (GBR), Brent Bookwalter (USA), Marcus Burghardt (GER), Mathias Frank (SUI), Steve Morabito (SUI), Dominik Nerz (GER), Marco Pinotti (ITA), Danilo Wyss (SUI).

0 likes

Lampre's official site From 23rd to 28th of April, in Team LAMPRE-MERIDA selection that will take part in Tour de Romandie there will be Matteo Bono, Damiano Cunego, Kristijan Durasek, Roberto Ferrari, Adriano Malori, Manuele Mori, Josè Serpa Perez and Simone Stortoni.

drheaton | 10 years ago
0 likes

Just a note that everyone should check their teams as a few possible TT contenders have dropped out including Phinney and Sergent.

livestrongnick | 10 years ago
0 likes

Cheers just checked my teams and lost Ulissi from standard and de Gendt from purist. This has been a complete head breaker to chose for!  102

0 likes

Heads up, TV Coverage is on Sky Sports 2 grrrrrr  14

Philip Unwin replied to livestrongnick | 10 years ago
0 likes
livestrongnick wrote:

Heads up, TV Coverage is on Sky Sports 2 grrrrrr  14

Not a good omen! not this year, but maybe next year they could outbid everybody for the big races. Still there's always streaming.

STEVESPRO 79 | 10 years ago
0 likes

Gutted that this is on Sky and not on Eurosport this year...  33  2  20

0 likes

commentary on sky is so unprofessional!  24

drheaton | 10 years ago
0 likes

I have no idea what to expect from my team today or throughout this race, it's too hard to predict.

I've gone with:

Froome
Martin
Porte (just for today, think I might regret this)
Gesink
Frank
Majka
Dennis
Wyss (M)
Van Rensburg

Only the first five are picked for today with the rest just being week long filler. Plan is to drop Frank and one of Martin/Froome/Porte/Gesink depending on how they do today (and how many GC points they'll through the next three stages) and pick up some sprinty types.

Purist is:

Froome (who'll win)
Martin (who'll wear the leaders jersey for three days and win two stages)
Gesink (who'll podium)
Tshcopp (who'll drop loads of time and go for the KoM)
Spilak (who's boring)
Morabito (who's Swiss)
Majka (who can climb)
Landa (who will get in breaks)
Rensburg (who was cheap)

Pages

Latest Comments