Support road.cc

Like this site? Help us to make it better.

Tour De Romandie

With only 3 days till the race starts are we going to get it opened before the end of the weekend. Impatient i know but i'm at work Monday and the kids of an evening makes it kind of difficult.

If you're new please join in and if you have questions pop them below and the forum regulars will answer as best we can.

Add new comment

98 comments

drheaton | 11 years ago
0 likes

1 122 BOARO M. TST 13:44.740
2 101 BRAJKOVIC J. AST 01
3 81 GESINK R. BLA 06
4 53 DENNIS R.* GRS 21
5 15 IGNATENKO P. KAT 24
6 172 BILLE G. LTB 36
7 22 BAKELANTS J. RLT 44
8 42 BRAMBILLA G. OPQ ST
9 92 BÉRARD J. ALM 45
10 155 MOUREY F. FDJ 46

So far...

Gesink showing well  1

chrisdstripes | 11 years ago
0 likes

Early days, but Kelderman has just topped the above!

0 likes

Adam Blythe's had a bit of a mare - 24 secs slower than anyone else at the mo, and 3:27 behind Kelderman. Could be a good shout for last man home which might be good news for anyone that picked him with tomorrow in mind...

drheaton | 11 years ago
0 likes

Depends, that's some 30% over Kelderman's time so could he be out of the time limit?

0 likes

Blimey, you're right - maybe he crashed?

Ruben Plaza just gone 2nd - continuing his good form...

stevemarks | 11 years ago
0 likes

Avoided the big names and packed my team with cheaper GC riders and watched them all fail:

Spilak-rubbish
Peraud- Who?
Martin-surely should have done better?

The Talansky/Porte double did okay.

I was just wondering how Froome gets to TT better than Talansky and Porte and Martin given past results? Is it just me or does it seem a little odd? Just thinking out loud, and I know I probably shouldn't doubt so much, but to be honest I am a bit worried by performances like that.....

drheaton | 11 years ago
0 likes

For me, there's a line between believable and questionable. Froome and Quintana's performances were well on the right side of believable given recent form and their respectively solid TT results.

It's hard to find the line sometimes. When Gaudin won the Paris-Nice prologue I had no idea who he was but as a track cyclist a strong prologue shouldn't have been a shock.

Philip Unwin | 11 years ago
0 likes

If you had been following Froome's career for the past 5 or 6 six years from his Barloworld days you would have seen a steady improvement in both his climbing and his TTs. His performances are in line with his age. he couldn't stay with the podium winners in last years Vuelta day after day in the mountains, that's where I would be asking questions.

ray silvester | 11 years ago
0 likes

I think Froome and various Colombians have come to the fore because their natural advantages due to their birth/upbringing at high altitudes are now NOT being negated by widespread doping.

drheaton | 11 years ago
0 likes

Not sure altitude plays as large a part as you may think, read this:

http://inrng.com/2013/04/colombia-cycling-altitude/

TERatcliffe26 replied to Gkam84 | 11 years ago
0 likes
Gkam84 wrote:

TER....come on mate, You are changing to the wrong startlist at this time at night??  13

When do you want me to do it? It was as up to date as it could be when I left for work at 3, I got in from work half hour ago (to which riders had changed) and so i updated, I don't have a computer or internet access at work

TERatcliffe26 replied to Gkam84 | 11 years ago
0 likes
Gkam84 wrote:

http://www.tourderomandie.ch/en/38-racers <<< That's the start list.

Phinney is listed there....  39

That startlist is out of date, it hasn't changed since it was posted around a week ago. Im using this http://www.cyclingfever.com/editie.html?detp=view&_ap=startlijst&editie_...

As on that startlist Voeckler and Amador are out injured and Hofland, Vigano, Palini, Favilli, Pozatto are all racing in Turkey

Philip Unwin replied to livestrongnick | 11 years ago
0 likes
livestrongnick wrote:

Heads up, TV Coverage is on Sky Sports 2 grrrrrr  14

Not a good omen! not this year, but maybe next year they could outbid everybody for the big races. Still there's always streaming.

drheaton replied to stevemarks | 11 years ago
0 likes
stevemarks wrote:

I was just wondering how Froome gets to TT better than Talansky and Porte and Martin given past results? Is it just me or does it seem a little odd? Just thinking out loud, and I know I probably shouldn't doubt so much, but to be honest I am a bit worried by performances like that.....

Um, Froome took second in a couple of long TTs at last years TdF (beating Porte, Van Garderen, Evans, Chavanel and only losing out to Wiggins) and took bronze at the olympics (when he wasn't far behind Martin on a flat course less suited to him). It's not as if he's never done well in a TT before.

Likewise, this is a hilly TT where climbing was more important than pure power (why Martin was down in 16th). This isn't a surprise.

ray silvester replied to drheaton | 11 years ago
0 likes
drheaton wrote:

Good article

stevemarks replied to drheaton | 11 years ago
0 likes
drheaton wrote:
stevemarks wrote:

Um, Froome took second in a couple of long TTs at last years TdF (beating Porte, Van Garderen, Evans, Chavanel and only losing out to Wiggins) and took bronze at the olympics (when he wasn't far behind Martin on a flat course less suited to him). It's not as if he's never done well in a TT before.

Likewise, this is a hilly TT where climbing was more important than pure power (why Martin was down in 16th). This isn't a surprise.

I accept all that; I am aware that Froome is a good TT guy, and I am not surprised that he did well, just a little surprised that he did so well. When Quintana did well in a TT recently questions were asked widely, and I was shocked by that reaction as I thought it was not a surprise. Maybe it's just sour grapes that I didn't pick him, I dont know, but I have had a gut reaction about some of his performances before and maybe I am biased against him, maybe it's something I should get over, but it's still eating away at me a bit and I was wondering if anyone else felt the same way.

31  31  31

STEVESPRO 79 replied to ray silvester | 11 years ago
0 likes
ray silvester wrote:
drheaton wrote:

Good article

Interesting read with some witty comments.....Rigoberto Uran...team Sky's `mane` man....  1

ray silvester replied to STEVESPRO 79 | 11 years ago
0 likes
STEVESPRO 79 wrote:
ray silvester wrote:
drheaton wrote:

Good article

Interesting read with some witty comments.....Rigoberto Uran...team Sky's `mane` man....  1

But if it's to do with attitude rather than altitude then why are their great riders(Colombia) all climbers?

TERatcliffe26 | 11 years ago
0 likes

Im gonna look at the startlists now and do an update, just in from work

keith roberts | 11 years ago
0 likes

thanks doc!

drheaton | 11 years ago
0 likes

2 transfers per stage. But you can take additional penalty transfer costing 10 points each.

keith roberts | 11 years ago
0 likes

does anyone know what the transfers are after the prolouge? how many riders do we get to change? i just knocked up an amazing TT team...but dont know how many i'll have to live with for stage one....?

Mikeh789 | 11 years ago
0 likes

Davide Vigano-Lampre, currently riding Tour of Turkey.

drheaton | 11 years ago
0 likes

What's everyone thinking about Tony Martin? He'll be in my team for the prologue and last stage but I'm sorely tempted to put him in my purist team. I can only see him losing masses of time on the queen stage so if he wins the prologue I'd be quids in on GC points, but if he doesn't then he's an expensive mistake.

Also, purist wise, what are you thinking for GC guys? With only one actual mountain stage are you edging more towards sprinters/TTers?

0 likes

Hoogerland likes a break (or rather, hates riding in the peloton) so might be worth a go if you need a cheap gamble - but like drh says he's done nothing for aaaaages. One thing that's worked for me this season has been picking on form more than reputation (with a few exceptions)...

Ghedebrav | 11 years ago
0 likes

Hoogerland seems pretty bargainous, but somehow he won't fit in my purist (it's him or Grabsch, and I'm going Grabsch). Other than that I'm pretty settled on my team, not too much hair-tearing. Worth bearing in mind that it's a short tour and there are two TTs  1

The standard is a bit different - a curiously long and punchy prologue. Things may change, but as it stands I've also gone Froome and Porte, though tempted by Talansky in place of the latter, which I could manage with a bit of jiggling. T. Martin's a definite, though.

drheaton replied to Ghedebrav | 11 years ago
0 likes
Ghedebrav wrote:

Hoogerland seems pretty bargainous, but somehow he won't fit in my purist (it's him or Grabsch, and I'm going Grabsch). Other than that I'm pretty settled on my team, not too much hair-tearing. Worth bearing in mind that it's a short tour and there are two TTs  1

Hoogerland is an odd one, he's cheap because he hasn't scrored points. I hate to say it but I think to a certain extent his career is built on being knocked off in the Tour, I don't remember him ever doing much else.

Philip Unwin replied to drheaton | 11 years ago
0 likes
drheaton wrote:
Ghedebrav wrote:

Hoogerland is an odd one, he's cheap because he hasn't scrored points. I hate to say it but I think to a certain extent his career is built on being knocked off in the Tour, I don't remember him ever doing much else.

Hoogerland 4th from the first six. He's certainly not going to do anything today.

drheaton | 11 years ago
0 likes

Jesus, don't scare me, there's 15 hours left!

My purist team is semi-picked and I may not change it, haven't even got a standard team submitted yet. Planning on catching some final coverage then throwing a team together on instinct.

Philip Unwin replied to drheaton | 11 years ago
0 likes
drheaton wrote:

Jesus, don't scare me, there's 15 hours left!

My purist team is semi-picked and I may not change it, haven't even got a standard team submitted yet. Planning on catching some final coverage then throwing a team together on instinct.

Was allowing for some sleep time, unless you're working night shift

Pages

Latest Comments