Support road.cc

Like this site? Help us to make it better.

So what's this Bianchi worth? full Centaur, carbon fork, Vento wheelset

This is in a local charity shop for £300 - Thinking it might be a good first bike for our 11yo daughter, but the corrosion and worn rear rim are making me think £300 might be a bit much.

The gears/brakes all seem OK and no play evident in the bearings/cranks.

Any thoughts much appreciated.

https://picasaweb.google.com/102094589223987893919/Bianchi02

If you're new please join in and if you have questions pop them below and the forum regulars will answer as best we can.

Add new comment

5 comments

FMOAB | 11 years ago
0 likes

Seems expensive to me. On the basis of your photographs, would I put my son out on that frame and fork? Definitely not.

Tend to agree with ghostie, Triban 3 is great value.

Ghostie | 11 years ago
0 likes

Have to agree with SPAM Naval, but if it must be a racing bike, I'd recommend something like the B'Twin Triban 3. Same price (penny cheaper), brand new, good reviews, aluminium frame, carbon fork and, I believe, a triple chain set.

SPAM Naval | 11 years ago
0 likes

53/39 groupset for an 11yr old girl.hmmm. think that may be a step to far as a first road bike

djb123 | 11 years ago
0 likes

Yeah, get the fork checked over if you can. Talk to the manager as well, they might know where it came from or they might have had it looked over themselves. The notice looks like might have been written by someone at least partially bike savvy.

Probably best not to haggle unless they say something like 'is £300 alright?'. My years of volunteering tell me that you will face a cold reception of you were to haggle uninvited.

Gkam84 | 11 years ago
0 likes

Is there a LBS close to the shop? I'd ask to leave a deposit and maybe your passport or something and see if they will let you take it to a LBS to get that fork checked out.

That would be my only worry with it, if its in a charity shop, it'll be a donation, be cheeky and bargain with them, See if you can get it for £250  3

Latest Comments