Support road.cc

Like this site? Help us to make it better.

Cycle to Work Scheme - template form needed

Can somebody point me in the direction of a copy of an Extended Use Hire Agreement template/form to use in my work as part of our in-house cycle to work scheme (i.e. we don't use the external companies to run the scheme on our behalf). I can't find a copy on the web anywhere.

I have come to the end of my one year Hire agreement with salary sacrifice, and want to keep the bike on hire until such time I leave or give the bike back.

Thanks

If you're new please join in and if you have questions pop them below and the forum regulars will answer as best we can.

Add new comment

6 comments

SE14 | 11 years ago
0 likes

Thank you - you have been extremely helpful.

Gkam84 | 11 years ago
0 likes

Don't ask where I got them, because it was sheer fluke of google and it contained someone's full details.

So I have removed all person details and the bits in bold you will need to fill up.

I have included a receipt document aswell

If you need any help, just shout

SE14 | 11 years ago
0 likes

a word document please

great stuff!

SE14 | 11 years ago
0 likes

Thanks

They don't want a deposit - this is why we didn't go with the big companies. Essentially I get to hire the bike for free, then after 6 years or so, its value being negligible, they give it to me. If I leave in the meantime I can either give them the bike back, or they put its residual value down on my P11d as a taxable benefit.

Whilst I am not particularly against the big companies making money from the deposits - they have to cover their admin costs etc, using a DIY approach means that the bike shop that sells you the bike does not have to pay any commission to, say Cyclescheme, which means either they make better profits, or the purchaser (sorry Hirer) gets more bike for their money.

If you find a form, that'd be superb.

Thanks

Gkam84 | 11 years ago
0 likes

Right, I have you one, would you like it as a pdf or word document that you can fill in as needed yourself?

Gkam84 | 11 years ago
0 likes

Well you need to work out with your employer how much of a deposit they want, Cyclescheme take between 3 and 7% of the value of the bike.

Then you have 36 months without anymore payments where you can use the bike, then either give it back and get your deposit or keep it and the company can keep the deposit....

I'll see if I can dig out a form for you or make a simple one up.

Latest Comments