Support road.cc

Like this site? Help us to make it better.

Fleche Wallonne

Is Gerrans out? He's greyed-out in my team!

If you're new please join in and if you have questions pop them below and the forum regulars will answer as best we can.

Add new comment

53 comments

chrisdstripes replied to johnny2names | 11 years ago
0 likes
johnny2names wrote:

I've taken the gamble of leaving out sagan and purito, meaning I get a whole squad of possible top 10's. fingers crossed:

That was my thinking too, and then at the last minute I took out Quintana for Denifl  13 Seems pretty stoopid now, my soft spot for IAM might be my undoing. Go Denifl! (Whoever you are...)

JAndrewHill | 11 years ago
0 likes

Bot of a gamble for fw today...go Valverde...
Thinking jrod may take it easy after his bump.

STEVESPRO 79 replied to JAndrewHill | 11 years ago
0 likes
JAndrewHill wrote:

Agreed.....made the same switch......So on my current form 'Purito',is a certainty for the win today...lol

ray silvester replied to JAndrewHill | 11 years ago
0 likes
JAndrewHill wrote:

I got Valverde in as well but for Sagan......I think J-Rod may be playing down his chances as if he wasn't fit surely Katusha would have thrown Spilak in?

J-Rod
Valverde
Gilbert
Porte
Quintana
Cunego(running out of chances with me!!)
Fuglsang
Betancur
Weening

All 9 of my purists are riding as well  4

J-Rod,Henao,Weening,Betancur,Slagter,Gilbert,Cunego,Quintana,Moser

I wouldn't mind betting that Betancur or Weening are the most popular riders today.

Doaky | 11 years ago
0 likes

Chris goto the competitions tab and select spring classics! And good luck

TallBoy | 11 years ago
0 likes

HELP!! Playing Standard game but only option last night (when game not available due to updating) and this morning is to pick a whole new Giro team. Where has Flèche gone? Where have my Amstel team gone?  2

TERatcliffe26 | 11 years ago
0 likes

Apologies, it must have been my fault when I was re-updating Trentino, however I don't know why it took so long

crazy cats replied to TERatcliffe26 | 11 years ago
0 likes

Still can't get in to register my FW team!

TERatcliffe26 replied to crazy cats | 11 years ago
0 likes
crazy cats wrote:

Still can't get in to register my FW team!

Did you manage to get in? It was fine for me at that time, and I wasn't running any updates

crazy cats replied to TERatcliffe26 | 11 years ago
0 likes

Yes, thanks. Got in five minutes or so after my post, so all is well now. I think.

chrisdstripes replied to TERatcliffe26 | 11 years ago
0 likes
TERatcliffe26 wrote:

Apologies, it must have been my fault when I was re-updating Trentino, however I don't know why it took so long

No worries TER! Bit tired now tho  3
Picked my Fleche team early, but then had 2 riders drop out (sod's law), hence trying to get back in last night.
Mainly gone with explosive climbers for the steep finish, rather than canny Dutch/Belgian guys that know the territory - could well be a mistake. Quintana was the one guy I think I might regret avoiding tho'...

Have a gut feeling today is going to go really badly, my Trentino team especially looks really poor! For Fleche...

Gilbert
Ulissi
Valverde
Henao
G Caruso
Anton
J Simon
Betancur
Denifl (random guess for the break...)

Abbie | 11 years ago
0 likes

Is Sagan Racing and all who's on the riders list or do I need to look up the start list somewhere else? I was doing alright for a beginner till Amstel Gold then my luck ran out!

chrisdstripes replied to Abbie | 11 years ago
0 likes
Abbie wrote:

Is Sagan Racing and all who's on the riders list or do I need to look up the start list somewhere else? I was doing alright for a beginner till Amstel Gold then my luck ran out!

Yeah, looks like Sagan is racing now, I think they've updated the rider's list to latest info so you shouldn't need to check elsewhere...

ray silvester replied to Abbie | 11 years ago
0 likes
Abbie wrote:

It ran out for a lot of people Abbie so don't get disheartened......not easy to pick Kreuziger for the one stage per season when he justifies his 20+ credit rating......I can remember him winning a Giro D'Italia mountain stage last season after disappointing everybody(especially the Astana hierarchy who switched to Tiralongo as team leader halfway through))with his performance.

ray silvester replied to ray silvester | 11 years ago
0 likes
ray silvester wrote:
Abbie wrote:

It ran out for a lot of people Abbie so don't get disheartened......not easy to pick Kreuziger for the one stage per season when he justifies his 20+ credit rating......I can remember him winning a Giro D'Italia mountain stage last season after disappointing everybody(especially the Astana hierarchy who switched to Tiralongo as team leader halfway through))with his performance.

And as you can see by some of the teams posted the faith in him repeating is very thin on the ground!!

chrisdstripes | 11 years ago
0 likes

Yeah, I'm knackered, but might not have time tomorrow so need to wait it out. 2 greyed out for Fleche, and at least 4 transfers to make for Trentino!

Alan Tullett replied to chrisdstripes | 11 years ago
0 likes
chrisdstripes wrote:

Yeah, I'm knackered, but might not have time tomorrow so need to wait it out. 2 greyed out for Fleche, and at least 4 transfers to make for Trentino!

Luckily did mine earlier in the evening. I need a good race, been a while since I had one as your catching up with me shows!  3

johnny2names replied to Alan Tullett | 11 years ago
0 likes
Alan Tullett wrote:
chrisdstripes wrote:

Luckily did mine earlier in the evening. I need a good race, been a while since I had one as your catching up with me shows!  3

I've got both of you in my sights  4

NeilG83 | 11 years ago
0 likes

The game is taking a long time to update tonight. Can't get in to pick my teams for tomorrow  20

chrisdstripes | 11 years ago
0 likes

"We're currently updating the game, please check back soon"  102

Ghedebrav | 11 years ago
0 likes

Usual strife in picking a team. I basically have to self-brainwash everytime I umm and aah over dropping picks, in case I end up cursing myself: "dammit, I almost picked him!"

First draft for Fleche Wallonne has enough Colombians to storm Tony Montana's mansion. Might need a rethink.

chiv30 replied to Ghedebrav | 11 years ago
0 likes
Ghedebrav wrote:

First draft for Fleche Wallonne has enough Colombians to storm Tony Montana's mansion. Might need a rethink.

Honestly, read this and literally lol'd

msw | 11 years ago
0 likes

Velonews says he's skipping it to rest for Liège: http://velonews.competitor.com/2013/04/news/road/course-preview-its-the-...

Pages

Latest Comments