Support road.cc

Like this site? Help us to make it better.

Howies cycle kit

I moan and complain a lot, so to redress the balance a little: I took a punt on one of the short sleeve jerseys from Howies after seeing the article here the other day (figuring I could return it if it didn't fit), it arrived yesterday, and it's very nice indeed.

Yes, it's all black - but I like black. And the size choice is limited - but I'm a 42" chest if I take a deep breath and the Large fits me like a glove, so that's OK. The pockets are narrow - but deep vertically. It's cut to a normal length rather than the extended bum-covering shape - but the bum-covering ones ride up on me anyway and I bought it to wear over bibs so it's perfect. And the no-seams thing is witchcraft.

Top work Howies  1

If you're new please join in and if you have questions pop them below and the forum regulars will answer as best we can.

Add new comment

9 comments

bashthebox | 10 years ago
0 likes

Think I'd be tempted if there were alternate colourways. After a long and gloomy winter, I'd like something cheerier than black.

Al__S | 10 years ago
0 likes

I rather like these...

Al__S | 10 years ago
0 likes

I've bought a pair of shorts. I'll report back once they've had use. Initial impressions? Build quality seems high. Not fully seamless, obviously- noticeably, there's a flat seam on the inside leg but other than that and the pad the legs and main body are seamless. Wizardry, given that there's noticeable "panels" of thinner material.

The material has a matt finish, thanks to be knitted, rather than the usual shiny woven lycra. Gives them a bit of an old school look I suppose, no bad thing. Entirely black (good) barring a small logo on the left leg hem in dark blue and a tag on the bib straps. Nice and simple.

jollygoodvelo | 10 years ago
0 likes

Took the jersey out for a proper ride this morning. What can I say, it's brilliant. I'm going to get another one.

lc1981 | 11 years ago
0 likes

I didn't realise that they sold jerseys, only base layers. Have you got a link?

lc1981 replied to lc1981 | 11 years ago
0 likes
Al__S | 11 years ago
0 likes

I'm seriously considering the bib sshorts. Anyone bought them?

ragtag replied to Al__S | 11 years ago
0 likes

Me too, they have now put up details of the insert (2 layer TMF Professional)

ade | 11 years ago
0 likes

I bought a long sleeved one. It's odd - it's super-stretchy and fitting without being at all tight. If I were a bit slimmer, I'd love it. It feels like it would be very aero, so maybe a good compromise without resorting to a skinsuit?

Latest Comments