Support road.cc

Like this site? Help us to make it better.

Giro del Trentino - stages 1a and 1b

Is anyone else having a real headache picking teams for this race?  I can't decide what to do for the first day (is stage 1a a sprinty or climby stage!?) and there seems to be a lack of pickable mid price climbers.  There are the expensive (30+) GC guys and the cheap 10 credit and under riders but in between are a lot of riders I think are overpriced or unlikely to do anything.

If you're new please join in and if you have questions pop them below and the forum regulars will answer as best we can.

Add new comment

73 comments

TERatcliffe26 | 11 years ago
0 likes

GPM Iselsberg (Km 114)

1° Rodriguez (97, Colombia)
2° Bouet (5, Ag2R) 17"
3° Van Rensburg (143, MTN) 45"

looks like a bit of a free for all now, come on Bouet catch Rodriguez!

livestrongnick | 11 years ago
0 likes

Standard
Wiggo
Nibali
Niemiec
Santaormita
Viviani
Gatto
Pate
J Sagan
Lander

Purist

Wiggo
Nibali
Rolland
Sella
Pate
Zardini
Kohler
2 down as didn't think to check my purist team was all racing...DOH!!!  31

ray silvester | 11 years ago
0 likes

My standard team looks a bit of a bust today as I had 4 fast guys(from decent teams)looking for a bunch sprint who I'd then transfer out after the TTT and settle in on the climbers/GC guys.

Viviani,Blythe,Gatto,Ferrari plus Dombrowski,Garzelli,Santaromita,Niemiec and Nibali.

My Purists are Wiggins,Nibali,Dombrowski,Niemiec,Pardilla,Agnoli,Garzelli,Battaglin,Vigano

Looks like M.Rodriguez will lead the KOM competition.

0 likes

Result

1° Bouet
2° Cerny
3° Rodriguez

Get in Bouet!!!!!

livestrongnick replied to simon F | 11 years ago
0 likes
simon F wrote:

And, for anyone wanting to follow before the TV coverage, official live ticker is at :-
http://www.girodeltrentino.com/EN/3/7/Live-stage.htm

What T.V. coverage???  7

TERatcliffe26 replied to drheaton | 11 years ago
0 likes
drheaton wrote:

Take him out, take him out!

So glad I didn't listen to you now!  1

TERatcliffe26 replied to livestrongnick | 11 years ago
0 likes
livestrongnick wrote:
simon F wrote:

And, for anyone wanting to follow before the TV coverage, official live ticker is at :-
http://www.girodeltrentino.com/EN/3/7/Live-stage.htm

What T.V. coverage???  7

For some reason the TV coverage is on delayed transmission today, probably means just highlights on eurosport later, live coverage of the other days stages so I believe

0 likes

top 10

1° Bouet (Ag2r La Mondiale)
2° Cerny (CCC Polsat)
3° Rodriguez (Team Colombia)
4° Dal Santo (Flaminia Fondriest)
5° Moyano (Caja Rural)
6° Kochetkov (Rusvelo)
7° Van Rensburg (MTN)
8° Gang Xu (Champion System)
9° Battaglin (Bardiani CSF)
10° Duque (Team Colombia

arsene | 11 years ago
0 likes
stevemarks | 11 years ago
0 likes

Hmmmm Zero, Do I get a badge for that?

Good job I had Bouet in my Purist, however lost two riders already in both teams, not a great start.....

20  20  20

0 likes

Scores uploading now.

Well disappointing on the whole

Just Bouet for my standard and only Garzelli for my purist, but 2 AG2R riders in that team too.

Its gonna make changes for tomorrow interesting, as they have 6.50 on the main contenders. I will keep Bouet as I don't think he will loose 7 minutes, so will still score some points. As for any of the others thats stayed away  39 Maybe Rodriguez as he is cheap and looked strong on the climb

charliemac74 | 11 years ago
0 likes

The @roadcc Twitter feed is telling us we have 2 hours for stage 1b transfers, am I right that there are no transfers this for this?

TERatcliffe26 replied to charliemac74 | 11 years ago
0 likes
charliemac74 wrote:

The @roadcc Twitter feed is telling us we have 2 hours for stage 1b transfers, am I right that there are no transfers this for this?

Correct you have no free transfers, but if you did want to make transfers you could but they would cost you penalty points

charliemac74 | 11 years ago
0 likes

Cheers. I think just one penalty transfer would leave me in the red today!

SounDaz_7 | 11 years ago
0 likes

Wow a whopping 9 points for stage 1a people! When it became obvious that breakaway was going to stay away I was convinced of a big fat ZERO.  22

ray silvester | 11 years ago
0 likes

I made four penalty transfers with Bouet,Rodriguez,Cerny and Moyano coming in for Ferrari,Gatto,Niemiec and Viviani as I think there GC,Points,KOM and youth competition points during the TTT and the other 3 stages to come will easily outweigh the 40pt penalty.

Ghedebrav | 11 years ago
0 likes

Well, I had stinker today! Missed out on the late transfer jiggery pokery - would 've snuck in Lunchtime O'Bouet if I'd known - and got an incredible, hilarious 4 (four) points, easily my lowest ever score. Maybe this should be added to the 'My Palmares' section?

Not sure how the TTT has shaken down, to be honest I've never taken the time to figure out how the scoring works. I had one person each from the top three teams, so hopefully that'll add up to something (anything!)?

Bad day for BMC, no?

obutterwick | 11 years ago
0 likes

Pleased on the whole. A huge 9 points for 1a, then Sky and Astana riders x 4 in 1b. Expected Androni to do a little better but it'll do. Tomorrow, I'm confused about.

simon F | 11 years ago
0 likes

TTT finishing times:-
1 Sky: 15:20
2 Astana: 15:33
3 Lampre: 15:36
4 NetApp: 15:44
5/6 Bardiani: 15:55
6/5 Europcar: 15:55
7 Fantini Vini: 15:59
8 Androni: 16:04
9/10 BMC: 16:09
10/9 Cannondale: 16:09
11 MTN Qhubeka: 16:11
12 CCC Polsat: 16:12
13 Rusvelo: 16:18
14 Caja Rural: 16:19
15 AG2R: 16:25
16 Colombia: 16:26
17 Ceramica Flaminia: 16:28
18 Champion Systems: 17:02

chrisdstripes | 11 years ago
0 likes

Went OK today except for BMC letting me down, unfortunately my last transfer last night was Duque in for Bouet...

21 pts this morning was enough to put me top of the East Anglia league for the first time ever - could be the shortest ever stay at the top tho if Alan Tullett scored well in the TTT!

adholman | 11 years ago
0 likes

Good day for me with Bouet, Duque and Kennaugh giving me 7th place, but BMC let me down in the TT, but was saved by 4 x Sky & Astana!

My question is, should I bring in Serpa for tomorrow?

Some Fella | 11 years ago
0 likes

Any idea where to watch this - Eurosport not appearing to be showing highlights?

ChoiceAttack | 11 years ago
0 likes

It seems that Pellizotti is greyed out of my team but he finished stage 1a in position 53. Am I right in thinking he should not be greyed out?

http://images.vitesseonline.it/Trentino/1stHalfStage/Ordine%20d%27Arrivo...

Stumps replied to Some Fella | 11 years ago
0 likes
Some Fella wrote:

Any idea where to watch this - Eurosport not appearing to be showing highlights?

Highlights on Eurosport tomorrow mate with stage 2 live.

Jonas Lorenzen | 11 years ago
0 likes

why is Pellizotti greyed out?

stevemarks replied to chrisdstripes | 11 years ago
0 likes

Interesting that you can be top in EA as I had Bouet in my purist team and I am in your region. Just wondering how that works?

stevemarks replied to stevemarks | 11 years ago
0 likes
stevemarks wrote:

Interesting that you can be top in EA as I had Bouet in my purist team and I am in your region. Just wondering how that works?

Sorry! got it easily confused me, probably cause I have been having a bad time and slipped to 4th, not looked at the overall, which is what you meant.....

Sorry again for being so thick.

Nickbirtwistle | 11 years ago
0 likes

Xu most aggressive rider?

ray silvester replied to Nickbirtwistle | 11 years ago
0 likes
Nickbirtwistle wrote:

Xu most aggressive rider?

Pretty sure that's not being scored for fantasy purposes?

0 likes

Right just got in from work, going to do the part b scores now.

As for Pellizotti, I don't know why he is greyed out, I never removed him so will investigate if he is still greyed out after the next update.

most aggressive rider is being scored as I was unsure on how on how they do it, as alot of tours are not as straight forward as le tour and have weird points systems

Pages

Latest Comments