Support road.cc

Like this site? Help us to make it better.

Giro del Trentino - stages 1a and 1b

Is anyone else having a real headache picking teams for this race?  I can't decide what to do for the first day (is stage 1a a sprinty or climby stage!?) and there seems to be a lack of pickable mid price climbers.  There are the expensive (30+) GC guys and the cheap 10 credit and under riders but in between are a lot of riders I think are overpriced or unlikely to do anything.

If you're new please join in and if you have questions pop them below and the forum regulars will answer as best we can.

Add new comment

73 comments

charliemac74 | 11 years ago
0 likes

The @roadcc Twitter feed is telling us we have 2 hours for stage 1b transfers, am I right that there are no transfers this for this?

TERatcliffe26 replied to charliemac74 | 11 years ago
0 likes
charliemac74 wrote:

The @roadcc Twitter feed is telling us we have 2 hours for stage 1b transfers, am I right that there are no transfers this for this?

Correct you have no free transfers, but if you did want to make transfers you could but they would cost you penalty points

TERatcliffe26 | 11 years ago
0 likes

Scores uploading now.

Well disappointing on the whole

Just Bouet for my standard and only Garzelli for my purist, but 2 AG2R riders in that team too.

Its gonna make changes for tomorrow interesting, as they have 6.50 on the main contenders. I will keep Bouet as I don't think he will loose 7 minutes, so will still score some points. As for any of the others thats stayed away  39 Maybe Rodriguez as he is cheap and looked strong on the climb

stevemarks | 11 years ago
0 likes

Hmmmm Zero, Do I get a badge for that?

Good job I had Bouet in my Purist, however lost two riders already in both teams, not a great start.....

20  20  20

arsene | 11 years ago
0 likes
0 likes

top 10

1° Bouet (Ag2r La Mondiale)
2° Cerny (CCC Polsat)
3° Rodriguez (Team Colombia)
4° Dal Santo (Flaminia Fondriest)
5° Moyano (Caja Rural)
6° Kochetkov (Rusvelo)
7° Van Rensburg (MTN)
8° Gang Xu (Champion System)
9° Battaglin (Bardiani CSF)
10° Duque (Team Colombia

0 likes

Result

1° Bouet
2° Cerny
3° Rodriguez

Get in Bouet!!!!!

ray silvester | 11 years ago
0 likes

My standard team looks a bit of a bust today as I had 4 fast guys(from decent teams)looking for a bunch sprint who I'd then transfer out after the TTT and settle in on the climbers/GC guys.

Viviani,Blythe,Gatto,Ferrari plus Dombrowski,Garzelli,Santaromita,Niemiec and Nibali.

My Purists are Wiggins,Nibali,Dombrowski,Niemiec,Pardilla,Agnoli,Garzelli,Battaglin,Vigano

Looks like M.Rodriguez will lead the KOM competition.

livestrongnick | 11 years ago
0 likes

Standard
Wiggo
Nibali
Niemiec
Santaormita
Viviani
Gatto
Pate
J Sagan
Lander

Purist

Wiggo
Nibali
Rolland
Sella
Pate
Zardini
Kohler
2 down as didn't think to check my purist team was all racing...DOH!!!  31

0 likes

GPM Iselsberg (Km 114)

1° Rodriguez (97, Colombia)
2° Bouet (5, Ag2R) 17"
3° Van Rensburg (143, MTN) 45"

looks like a bit of a free for all now, come on Bouet catch Rodriguez!

simon F | 11 years ago
0 likes

Wish I'd listened to my own advice now. 25km to go and an advantage of 8:50  2

0 likes

May as well put my teams down too

Wiggins
Niemiec
Huzarksi
Agnoli
Gatto
Viviani
Bouet
Grmay
Lander

Purist

Wiggins
Nibali
Pozzovivo
Niemiec
Dupont
Rutkiewicz
Grmay
Lander
Garzelli

0 likes

Actually this break looks like it may stay away....Go on Bouet  1

thorolf | 11 years ago
0 likes

Extremely fleeting thought about cheating. Dismissed immediately.

simon F | 11 years ago
0 likes

Giro del Trentino:
Intermediate Sprint: Gratschaach (Km 76)

1° KOCHETKOV (165, Rusvelo)
2° CERNY (126, CCC Polsat)
3° MOYANO (114, Caja Rural

TERatcliffe26 replied to simon F | 11 years ago
0 likes
simon F wrote:

Giro del Trentino:
Intermediate Sprint: Gratschaach (Km 76)

1° KOCHETKOV (165, Rusvelo)
2° CERNY (126, CCC Polsat)
3° MOYANO (114, Caja Rural

Should have taken my break guy out....

dave atkinson | 11 years ago
0 likes

stage deadlines are amended to the proper start time and i've mailed premium users with the changes.

8:15am tomorrow...

drheaton | 11 years ago
0 likes

Take him out, take him out!

If I remember at lunch time I'll sort the stage times out. Plus, I think I may be doing the scoring tonight (if I remember correctly) so will double check the other stages.

TERatcliffe26 replied to drheaton | 11 years ago
0 likes
drheaton wrote:

If I remember at lunch time I'll sort the stage times out. Plus, I think I may be doing the scoring tonight (if I remember correctly) so will double check the other stages.

How do you do the stage times? I don't seem to be able to

Nah will leave him in, don't wanna cheat per say, as he should score in the TTT considering the opposition.

I can't actually remember what days I said now  39 Im hoping the results are in by 4.15 so I will be ok for the scores thursday/friday. I can do today/tomorrow at 8.30, but if you want to you can do them before. I can do stage 1a if the results are in before 12.30

TERatcliffe26 replied to drheaton | 11 years ago
0 likes
drheaton wrote:

So glad I didn't listen to you now!  1

0 likes

Well I have 1 in the break, although I had him in for the finish  39

simon F | 11 years ago
0 likes

And, for anyone wanting to follow before the TV coverage, official live ticker is at :-
http://www.girodeltrentino.com/EN/3/7/Live-stage.htm

livestrongnick replied to simon F | 11 years ago
0 likes
simon F wrote:

And, for anyone wanting to follow before the TV coverage, official live ticker is at :-

What T.V. coverage???  7

TERatcliffe26 replied to livestrongnick | 11 years ago
0 likes
livestrongnick wrote:
simon F wrote:

What T.V. coverage???  7

For some reason the TV coverage is on delayed transmission today, probably means just highlights on eurosport later, live coverage of the other days stages so I believe

simon F | 11 years ago
0 likes

I wasn't complaining - just seemed amusing to me. I agree that today's shouldn't be changed but tomorrow's should be fixed. I know what you mean about the break for today though - nothing much to be gained.

If Dave's changed them, it doesn't show on the dashboard or stages pages.

0 likes
simon F wrote:

I wasn't complaining - just seemed amusing to me. I agree that today's shouldn't be changed but tomorrow's should be fixed. I know what you mean about the break for today though - nothing much to be gained.

If Dave's changed them, it doesn't show on the dashboard or stages pages.

I meant Dave put them back to what they are now, as when the clocks changed it messed them up as they went out to 5/6am and some people would have said they were too early, so when they have been moved back, they seem to be out by an hour.

simon F replied to TERatcliffe26 | 11 years ago
0 likes
TERatcliffe26 wrote:

I meant Dave put them back to what they are now, as when the clocks changed it messed them up as they went out to 5/6am and some people would have said they were too early, so when they have been moved back, they seem to be out by an hour.

Oh, OK, I get what you meant now.

simon F | 11 years ago
0 likes

Bouet, Rodriguez, Moyano, Cerny, Xu, Van Rensburg, Kochekov e Dal Santo have 1:50 after 10km

simon F | 11 years ago
0 likes

Stage 1a is underway so you've got just over an hour to figure out who's in the break and get them into your team. Bit of a cockup with the deadlines there I feel.

0 likes
simon F wrote:

Stage 1a is underway so you've got just over an hour to figure out who's in the break and get them into your team. Bit of a cockup with the deadlines there I feel.

I think Dave changed them, but seems he hasn't been on since you pointed it out, I would have changed them but as the comp is open I don't have the function now.

Pages

Latest Comments