Home

Is anyone else having a real headache picking teams for this race?  I can't decide what to do for the first day (is stage 1a a sprinty or climby stage!?) and there seems to be a lack of pickable mid price climbers.  There are the expensive (30+) GC guys and the cheap 10 credit and under riders but in between are a lot of riders I think are overpriced or unlikely to do anything.

73 comments

adholman [74 posts] 3 years ago
0 likes

its a tough choice. my team emphasises riders from teams i expect to do well in the TTT, who might also do well in what i expect will be a sprint finish (perhaps from a reduced bunch) in the morning road stage.

dave atkinson [6223 posts] 3 years ago
0 likes

i reckon the climb on stage 1 is long enough and near enough to the end to mean the sprinters will get dropped and won't have time to get back on. it's a really steady climb, the kind that sky like to push the tempo on rather than an attacker's climb

TERatcliffe26 [4621 posts] 3 years ago
0 likes

it depends how you look it at and what type of rider you expect to be there at the end. I have 1 out and out sprinter, one guy who can sprint but considering where he finished on the final stage of criterium internationl he can defo climb too. another who can sprint and climb. A guy who you wouldn't call a sprinter but should make the selection and has recent form. Another that should make the selection but is not really in for this stage. And two cheap riders. Also 2 GC guys and 1 eye on a solid total for part b.

apart from the cheap guys and 1 GC contender all those riders above are between 30 and 10 credits, including 1 i consider to be a GC rider.

chrisdstripes [1727 posts] 3 years ago
0 likes

I think it could be a low-scoring stage - very few obvious picks, if any! I've got one sprinter (and another kind-of sprinter) just in case the climb is deceptively not-too-bad, but mainly I've just gone for good riders in teams that might do well in the TTT, and hope for the best...

davemchol [34 posts] 3 years ago
0 likes

Is Oscar Gatto on the startlist for this race? dont think he is on the stage list?

ray silvester [1836 posts] 3 years ago
0 likes

Quite a few discrepancies between riders list and PCS startlists......particularly Bardiani Valvole(or COG as we call it!!).

looks like a 9am check if we've got a 10am deadline!!

Philip Unwin [991 posts] 3 years ago
0 likes
davemchol wrote:

Is Oscar Gatto on the startlist for this race? dont think he is on the stage list?

He is on the startlists I have seen, but you're right he's not down on the game.  7

obutterwick [474 posts] 3 years ago
0 likes

Headache is right. Astana, BMC and Sky riders for me. Then some decent DS climbers.

Philip Unwin [991 posts] 3 years ago
0 likes

If you want to put him in change the filter to all riders

0 likes

Im gonna do a last update now, he wasn't on when I changed them earlier and Ive been out at work. Must have been a fair few changes today

Edit that, seems they have already been done for me, Cheers for that Dave, Dan or Keith, whoever updated them

chrisdstripes [1727 posts] 3 years ago
0 likes

All done, that was a headache - 2 of my guys were on the list of removed riders yesterday so more late changes. Thought stages 1a and 3 looked difficult to predict, so have mainly gone with guys from the better TTT teams for standard, and climbers for stages 2 and 4 in purist. Very low expectations for today!

livestrongnick [2118 posts] 3 years ago
0 likes

I've gone big with my selection hoping to save transfers for when obvious changes become apparent  26

simon F [1001 posts] 3 years ago
0 likes

Stage 1a is underway so you've got just over an hour to figure out who's in the break and get them into your team. Bit of a cockup with the deadlines there I feel.

0 likes

Bouet, Rodriguez, Moyano, Cerny, Xu, Van Rensburg, Kochekov e Dal Santo have 1:50 after 10km

0 likes
simon F wrote:

Stage 1a is underway so you've got just over an hour to figure out who's in the break and get them into your team. Bit of a cockup with the deadlines there I feel.

I think Dave changed them, but seems he hasn't been on since you pointed it out, I would have changed them but as the comp is open I don't have the function now.

drheaton [3318 posts] 3 years ago
0 likes
simon F wrote:

It happens, stage start times move around and it's often difficult to keep a track of them. As it's set and people would have been working to that deadline it seems fair to leave it as is.

For what it's worth I don't think it affects too much today with only one sprint and a cat 2 climb it won't be a high scoring break. Even if a break does get away I don' plan on changing my team as it's stacked towards the finish and later stages anyway.

0 likes

I wasn't complaining - just seemed amusing to me. I agree that today's shouldn't be changed but tomorrow's should be fixed. I know what you mean about the break for today though - nothing much to be gained.

If Dave's changed them, it doesn't show on the dashboard or stages pages.

0 likes
simon F wrote:

I wasn't complaining - just seemed amusing to me. I agree that today's shouldn't be changed but tomorrow's should be fixed. I know what you mean about the break for today though - nothing much to be gained.

If Dave's changed them, it doesn't show on the dashboard or stages pages.

I meant Dave put them back to what they are now, as when the clocks changed it messed them up as they went out to 5/6am and some people would have said they were too early, so when they have been moved back, they seem to be out by an hour.

0 likes

And, for anyone wanting to follow before the TV coverage, official live ticker is at :-
http://www.girodeltrentino.com/EN/3/7/Live-stage.htm

0 likes
TERatcliffe26 wrote:

I meant Dave put them back to what they are now, as when the clocks changed it messed them up as they went out to 5/6am and some people would have said they were too early, so when they have been moved back, they seem to be out by an hour.

Oh, OK, I get what you meant now.

0 likes

Well I have 1 in the break, although I had him in for the finish  39

drheaton [3318 posts] 3 years ago
0 likes

Take him out, take him out!

If I remember at lunch time I'll sort the stage times out. Plus, I think I may be doing the scoring tonight (if I remember correctly) so will double check the other stages.

0 likes
drheaton wrote:

Take him out, take him out!

If I remember at lunch time I'll sort the stage times out. Plus, I think I may be doing the scoring tonight (if I remember correctly) so will double check the other stages.

How do you do the stage times? I don't seem to be able to

Nah will leave him in, don't wanna cheat per say, as he should score in the TTT considering the opposition.

I can't actually remember what days I said now  39 Im hoping the results are in by 4.15 so I will be ok for the scores thursday/friday. I can do today/tomorrow at 8.30, but if you want to you can do them before. I can do stage 1a if the results are in before 12.30

dave atkinson [6223 posts] 3 years ago
0 likes

stage deadlines are amended to the proper start time and i've mailed premium users with the changes.

8:15am tomorrow...

0 likes

Giro del Trentino:
Intermediate Sprint: Gratschaach (Km 76)

1° KOCHETKOV (165, Rusvelo)
2° CERNY (126, CCC Polsat)
3° MOYANO (114, Caja Rural

thorolf [69 posts] 3 years ago
0 likes

Extremely fleeting thought about cheating. Dismissed immediately.

0 likes
simon F wrote:

Giro del Trentino:
Intermediate Sprint: Gratschaach (Km 76)

1° KOCHETKOV (165, Rusvelo)
2° CERNY (126, CCC Polsat)
3° MOYANO (114, Caja Rural

Should have taken my break guy out....

0 likes

Actually this break looks like it may stay away....Go on Bouet  1

0 likes

May as well put my teams down too

Wiggins
Niemiec