Support road.cc

Like this site? Help us to make it better.

Which helmet?

Hello people,

I'm in the market for a new helmet, my issue is the LBS near me and any others in the area only sell a very small selection.

I'm changing from a Boardman lid that's about 3 years old. Due tot he size of my head (massive apparently) i would like a low profile one. I have only been able to try on the kask mojito and a couple of spesh lids. the kask didnt look too bad.

I'm just wondering if anyone else has the same mushrooming issue and what they went for or what was the lesser of a few evils.

cheers

If you're new please join in and if you have questions pop them below and the forum regulars will answer as best we can.

Add new comment

6 comments

paulfg42 | 10 years ago
0 likes

Apart from going bankrupt. £120!!!!!!!!

Ultimateweevil | 10 years ago
0 likes

I have a Rudy Sterling myself, really well made helmet especially the sunglasses holder that's built in. I did call the place I ordered mine from just to check the sizings as was a bit worried as its only available in two sizes s/m and l/xl. The s/m fits me and I'm a 58cm. Hope that helps.

netclectic | 10 years ago
0 likes

I like my Las Victory. It probably doesn't qualify as low-profile but it's less mushroomy than any others I tried.

OllieD | 10 years ago
0 likes

Cheers, the Rudy project ones and Lazer ones look pretty snazzy too, any ideas on how they compare to kask in terms of fit?

cheers

Raleigh | 10 years ago
0 likes

Yer, had a mid range spesh one, and got a kask mojito.

Much mucher betterer.

Make sure that you can fit a cap under it, especially as it has such a low down ratchet (Up/down or whatever its called)

You have to tighten it up every time you put it on, but that's no big deal.

Bedfordshire Clanger replied to Raleigh | 10 years ago
0 likes
Raleigh wrote:

Yer, had a mid range spesh one, and got a kask mojito.

Much mucher betterer.

Make sure that you can fit a cap under it, especially as it has such a low down ratchet (Up/down or whatever its called)

You have to tighten it up every time you put it on, but that's no big deal.

+1 Raleigh has got this spot on. Nice snug fit, great ventilation, you will need to wear a cap under it in winter. Kask Mojito, you can't go wrong.

Latest Comments