Support road.cc

Like this site? Help us to make it better.

Forum's Scorum's Mini League

INDIVIDUAL COMPETITION WINNERS

Tour Down Under: Alan Tullett(Pure Fantasy)
TDU Purist: Gkam84(Up and Doon Hills)
Tour of Qatar: enrique(Team Don Q)
TOQ Purist: Wig_Billy(Veelers Wheel)
Tour of Mediterranean: Wig_Billy(Veelers Wheel)
TOM Purist: TERatcliffe26(Ratcliffe26)
Tour of Oman: Wig_Billy(Veelers Wheel)
TOO Purist: Teratcliffe26(Ratcliffe26)
Volta Ao Algarve: TERatcliffe26(Ratcliffe26)
VAA Purist: Wig_Billy(Veelers Wheel)
Early Classics: Wig_Billy(Veelers Wheel)
EC Purist: stevemarks(skidders skeletons)
Paris-Nice: drheaton(Mostly Hopeless)
PAN Purist: Dave Atkinson(Blankety Blanco)
Tirreno-Adriatico: robacairns(Team Cairns)
TIA Purist: NeilG83(Team Sky Blue)
Volta A Catalunya: Jonas Lorenzen(Pharmacie Roulant)
VAC Purist: stepho(Carrick Climbers)
Vuelta Pais Vasco: JAndrewHill(Les Miserables 2013)
VPV Purist: Wig_Billy(Veelers Wheel)
Giro Del Trentino: TERatcliffe26(Ratcliffe26)
GDT Purist: stevemarks(skidders skeletons)
Spring Classics: makiavelli(Domestique Dis Turbans)
SCL Purist: makiavelli(Domestique Dis Turbans)
Tour Du Romandie: obutterwick(OJB Racing)
TDR Purist: obutterwick(OJB Racing)
Tour Of California: robacairns(Team Cairns)
TOC Purist: NeilG83(Team Sky Blue)
Giro D'Italia: Jonas Lorenzen(Pharmacie Roulant)
GIRO Purist: northstar(Northstar)
Criterium Du Dauphine: nata1ia(nataliaa)
Dauphine purist: huntdeano(huntdeano)
Tour Du Suisse: stevemarks(skidders skeletons)
TDS Purist: TERatcliffe26(Ratcliffe26)
Tour De France: rcorbin(Silent Assassins)
TDF Purist: drheaton(Mostly Hopeless)
Tour Du Pologne: drheaton(Mostly Hopeless)
TDP Purist: livestrongnick(Rule #5)
Clasica San Sebastien: backflipbedlem(backflipbedlem)
CSS Purist:N/A
ENECO Tour: Wig_Billy(Veelers Wheel)
ENECO Purist: TERatcliffe26(Ratcliffe26)
USA Pro Challenge: Wig_Billy(Veelers Wheel)
USA Purist; Wig_Billy(Veelers Wheel)
Vuelta Y Espana: silas chime(Call Me Maybe?)
VUE Purist: Alan Tullett(Pure Fantasy)
Grand Prix Quebec/Montreal: livestrongnick(Rule #5)
GQM Purist: Jonas Lorenzen(Pharmacie Roulant)
Tour of Britain: Wig_Billy(Veelers Wheel)
ToB Purist: huntdeano(huntdeano)
Worlds: technojim(Scotchegg-Energybeer)
Worlds Purist: technojim(Scotchegg-Energybeer)
Autumn Classics: natal1a(natal1aa)
ACL Purist: drheaton(Mostly Hopeless)
Tour of Beijing: Wig_Billy(Veelers Wheel)
TBE Purist: stevemarks(skidders skeletons)

Forum's Scorum's Overall 2013: Wig_Billy(Veelers Wheel)
FSO(Purist): Wig_Billy(Veelers Wheel)

If you're new please join in and if you have questions pop them below and the forum regulars will answer as best we can.

Add new comment

172 comments

livestrongnick | 10 years ago
0 likes

13 Wow just noticed i won the Forum Scorum Purist for Poland!  13

Managed that with only 7 riders too  19

Now finally got all my Badges, any news on some new ones?  4

dave atkinson replied to drheaton | 10 years ago
0 likes
drheaton wrote:

Is there any way to access the archived league listings?

I was going to put together a Forum Scorum 'table' based on the World Tour points scoring system (something like 100 down to 10 for top 10 in a week long race, 200 down to 10 for top 20 in a grand tour and something similar for classics) but can't see to get into the older archived races  2

no, we don't keep the full data. sorry. we might next year  1

ray silvester | 10 years ago
0 likes

I'll update this for Poland and San sebastian tomorrow.....had a little post Tour holiday!!

0 likes

Aha....drheaton's enthusiasm for the mini-league becomes apparent....he absolutely mullered the Tour of Poland taking both standard AND purist honours.

As a one off race the Classica San Sebastien has no purist event.....the race itself was won in fine style by backflipbedlem for his first competition honours(no hard feelings that you pushed me into 2nd LOL).

livestrongnick replied to ray silvester | 10 years ago
0 likes
ray silvester wrote:

Aha....drheaton's enthusiasm for the mini-league becomes apparent....he absolutely mullered the Tour of Poland taking both standard AND purist honours.

As a one off race the Classica San Sebastien has no purist event.....the race itself was won in fine style by backflipbedlem for his first competition honours(no hard feelings that you pushed me into 2nd LOL).

ummmmm  39  13 excuse me am i missing something?

1 Mostly Hopeless drheaton 868
2 Team Cairns robacairns 851
3 dum spiro lacesso simon F 843
4 The Pigeons chrisdstripes 836
5 Pharmacie Roulant Jonas Lorenzen 834
6 spqr stumps 794
7 huntdeano huntdeano 771
8 skidders skeletons stevemarks 757
9 KeejayOV KeejayOV 754
10 backflipbedlem backflipbedlem 751
11 Veelers Wheel Wig_Billy 720
12 OJB Racing obutterwick 707
13 Ratcliffe26 TERatcliffe26 690
14 Team Sky Blue NeilG83 671
15 Rule #5 livestrongnick 652
16 Team C.I.U. colhum1 646
17 Ridley rider Mikeh789 639
18 Marina's Diamonds Julie Danson 638
19 Rule #5 (Purist) livestrongnick 629
20 Team RJB REALJimBob 627
21 Northstar northstar 625
22 Team SounDaz SounDaz_7 617
23 Carbon Crutches and EPO chiv30 593
24 CONTADORS CONQUISTADORS STEVESPRO 79 575
25 Carrick Climbers stepho 568
26 Mostly Hopeless (Purist) drheaton 555

0 likes

Ooops

Myt mistake.....I feel like Carlton Kirby mixing up my drheaton's with my livestrongnick's LOL

Honours board amended.

livestrongnick | 10 years ago
0 likes

Cheers Dave.....I mean Ray  4

ray silvester replied to livestrongnick | 10 years ago
0 likes
livestrongnick wrote:

Cheers Dave.....I mean Ray  4

Nice one Lance....I mean Nick

Well the big boys showed some form in the Eneco Tour with long term Forum Number One Wig_Billy winning the standard competition and his nearest rival TERatcliffe26 took out the purist event.

0 likes

Wouldn't you just know it......Wig_Billy came storming through on the rails with 198pts in Denver to take the Forum's Scorum's USA Pro Cycling Challenge.
Teratcliffe took the purist edition so both of the Giants of the Forum maintain outstanding form.

TERatcliffe26 | 10 years ago
0 likes

Wig won the purists too Ray

0 likes

Hell's Teeth he did didn't he!!

honours board amended

He's also got a 953pt standard and 761pt purist lead in the Overall.......with your good self 2nd in both categories

obutterwick leads the Forum's Scorum's Vuelta and.....whisper it.....enrique's in THIRD!!

drheaton | 10 years ago
0 likes

The Forum Scorum Vuelta is shaping up to be a great battle. The league top ten is covered by just 100 points and the top 20 by 200 points, plus, all the big hitters are in there.

In the overall, my battle for 4th place with stevemarks looks like its going right down to the wire.

chrisdstripes replied to drheaton | 10 years ago
0 likes
drheaton wrote:

In the overall, my battle for 4th place with stevemarks looks like its going right down to the wire.

And in true Tommy V style, I looked like I'd been dropped from that battle but now I'm trying to come back - less than 100 behind you now Dan!

On another note - Alan Tullett leads the Forum Vuelta Purist comp and looks good, 50 ahead of me, (we have 7 riders the same - his Pozzovivo and Lulu Sanchez vs my Capecchi and Txurruka), with a bit of a gap to Ray in third. Thought that was weird, but on closer inspection it looks like most people didn't go for Moreno, which has made the difference so far. Helluva long way to go on that score though...

JAhn replied to chrisdstripes | 10 years ago
0 likes

Good day for me with 1 2 4 7 11 13 17 20. Dropped Gilbert form my team at the last minute though! Oops!

JAhn replied to chrisdstripes | 10 years ago
0 likes

Alan Tullett replied to chrisdstripes | 10 years ago
0 likes
chrisdstripes wrote:
drheaton wrote:

And in true Tommy V style, I looked like I'd been dropped from that battle but now I'm trying to come back - less than 100 behind you now Dan!

On another note - Alan Tullett leads the Forum Vuelta Purist comp and looks good, 50 ahead of me, (we have 7 riders the same - his Pozzovivo and Lulu Sanchez vs my Capecchi and Txurruka), with a bit of a gap to Ray in third. Thought that was weird, but on closer inspection it looks like most people didn't go for Moreno, which has made the difference so far. Helluva long way to go on that score though...

Miracle of miracles. I lead a purist comp.

My standard is a disaster so just hunting for a stage win there. Hoping for something decent from Pozzovivo tomorrow. Two long steep climbs. It's going to be a hard stage and the first real test for the favourites. All the other stages have been skirmishes by comparison. We could see Moreno help Purito or maybe they'll both go for it. I expect to see Valverde and Nibali up there with only a select few others. Will Roche be able to hang in there? Good to see Sammy do well today; Euskatel need to go out with a bang not a whimper! And I hope Lulu gets something in the TT as Belkin haven't done much so far in the land of their former masters.

Alan Tullett | 10 years ago
0 likes

Well, finally got my stage win!
27th in purist overall and with Pozzovivo doing well who knows?
Nearly a 100 points above chrisdstripes so hopeful of keeping a lead there, but who knows? A Vuela full of surprises, especially to me  3

0 likes

Credit where it's due.....non-premium enrique is currently joint first with silas chime in the Forums Scorums Vuelta.You do kind of feel that it won't be easy for him with no bankable transfers but then again there's not that many sprinters left for the stages where it would be a massive advantage(in-outs for stage 17 and then all in for stage 21).
Alan Tullett leads the purist section by more than 100pts.

chrisdstripes replied to Alan Tullett | 10 years ago
0 likes
Alan Tullett wrote:

Well, finally got my stage win!
27th in purist overall and with Pozzovivo doing well who knows?
Nearly a 100 points above chrisdstripes so hopeful of keeping a lead there, but who knows? A Vuela full of surprises, especially to me  3

I think my only chance of catching you is a Pozzovivo withdrawal - which would need to happen soon!

silas chime | 10 years ago
0 likes

I had a really strong finish for my first competition win in the forum league  36

0 likes

silas chime took out the Forum's Scorum's Vuelta for his first trophy and Alan Tullett grabbed the purist section(his last event win was at the TDU and that seems an awful long time ago now as we head towards the end of the season).

Alan Tullett replied to ray silvester | 10 years ago
0 likes
ray silvester wrote:

silas chime took out the Forum's Scorum's Vuelta for his first trophy and Alan Tullett grabbed the purist section(his last event win was at the TDU and that seems an awful long time ago now as we head towards the end of the season).

First purist win and then second purist in the Canadian GPs as well! Getting the hang of purist now.

I did get 2nd in a Giro stage and 1st= in a Vuelta stage (although I didn't get a prize because of a coin toss  20  20  20 throws his toys out of a pram). Can't dig something up for me Dave, can you? please! Loyal member of the forum etc etc. On a coin toss for f**** s***!

Getting stage wins in GTs is very difficult, even in the fantasy world. How many have other forum members got exactly?

0 likes

You did come close in the Forum's Scourum's purist canadian title but were pipped by Jonas Lorenzen who himself came within a place of taking the standard too.....that honour went to livestrongnick.

chrisdstripes replied to Alan Tullett | 10 years ago
0 likes
Alan Tullett wrote:

Getting stage wins in GTs is very difficult, even in the fantasy world. How many have other forum members got exactly?

Same as you - first equal in one stage of the Vuelta but lost out on countback or whatever - didn't even get a stage podium badge! I think the only other top 10 I've had in Grand Tours was 4th on Rolland's stage of the TdF last year...

livestrongnick replied to ray silvester | 10 years ago
0 likes
ray silvester wrote:

You did come close in the Forum's Scourum's purist canadian title but were pipped by Jonas Lorenzen who himself came within a place of taking the standard too.....that honour went to livestrongnick.

Very chuffed with that too  4  36

Alan Tullett replied to chrisdstripes | 10 years ago
0 likes
chrisdstripes wrote:
Alan Tullett wrote:

Same as you - first equal in one stage of the Vuelta but lost out on countback or whatever - didn't even get a stage podium badge! I think the only other top 10 I've had in Grand Tours was 4th on Rolland's stage of the TdF last year...

We ought to get together and complain!

Jonas Lorenzen | 10 years ago
0 likes

As of today, you shall all address me "Lord of the Forum's Scorum's WC Individual Time Trial 2013" and NEVER look directly at me...  41  105

enrique replied to Jonas Lorenzen | 10 years ago
0 likes
Jonas Lorenzen wrote:

... you shall all address me "Lord of the Forum's Scorum's WC Individual Time Trial 2013"...

"Lord of the blah, blah, blah"... That was exceptionally funny!  1 The brightness of your reflected glory would blind the normal man, so none could look upon you directly... I, for one, sir, will oblige, at least until Sunday's race when you get deposed by the Lord of the Forum's Scorum 2013 WC Road Race Competition, or something like that! Ah! the joy of winning, it must feel grand... Bask in that pride... You're the man!  1

0 likes

I was just composing my post for the Forum Scorum's Tour of Britain and was going to remark on enrique's form in the last 2 tours(Vuelta and TOB).....not enough to win either of them though as Wig_Billy(again!!) took another title at he ToB scoring 180pts on the final London stage and huntdeano securing the purist crown to add to that he took at the Dauphine.

I personally am running out of chances for a competition win  102

Yo | 10 years ago
0 likes

Pages

Latest Comments