Support road.cc

Like this site? Help us to make it better.

Forum's Scorum's Mini League

INDIVIDUAL COMPETITION WINNERS

Tour Down Under: Alan Tullett(Pure Fantasy)
TDU Purist: Gkam84(Up and Doon Hills)
Tour of Qatar: enrique(Team Don Q)
TOQ Purist: Wig_Billy(Veelers Wheel)
Tour of Mediterranean: Wig_Billy(Veelers Wheel)
TOM Purist: TERatcliffe26(Ratcliffe26)
Tour of Oman: Wig_Billy(Veelers Wheel)
TOO Purist: Teratcliffe26(Ratcliffe26)
Volta Ao Algarve: TERatcliffe26(Ratcliffe26)
VAA Purist: Wig_Billy(Veelers Wheel)
Early Classics: Wig_Billy(Veelers Wheel)
EC Purist: stevemarks(skidders skeletons)
Paris-Nice: drheaton(Mostly Hopeless)
PAN Purist: Dave Atkinson(Blankety Blanco)
Tirreno-Adriatico: robacairns(Team Cairns)
TIA Purist: NeilG83(Team Sky Blue)
Volta A Catalunya: Jonas Lorenzen(Pharmacie Roulant)
VAC Purist: stepho(Carrick Climbers)
Vuelta Pais Vasco: JAndrewHill(Les Miserables 2013)
VPV Purist: Wig_Billy(Veelers Wheel)
Giro Del Trentino: TERatcliffe26(Ratcliffe26)
GDT Purist: stevemarks(skidders skeletons)
Spring Classics: makiavelli(Domestique Dis Turbans)
SCL Purist: makiavelli(Domestique Dis Turbans)
Tour Du Romandie: obutterwick(OJB Racing)
TDR Purist: obutterwick(OJB Racing)
Tour Of California: robacairns(Team Cairns)
TOC Purist: NeilG83(Team Sky Blue)
Giro D'Italia: Jonas Lorenzen(Pharmacie Roulant)
GIRO Purist: northstar(Northstar)
Criterium Du Dauphine: nata1ia(nataliaa)
Dauphine purist: huntdeano(huntdeano)
Tour Du Suisse: stevemarks(skidders skeletons)
TDS Purist: TERatcliffe26(Ratcliffe26)
Tour De France: rcorbin(Silent Assassins)
TDF Purist: drheaton(Mostly Hopeless)
Tour Du Pologne: drheaton(Mostly Hopeless)
TDP Purist: livestrongnick(Rule #5)
Clasica San Sebastien: backflipbedlem(backflipbedlem)
CSS Purist:N/A
ENECO Tour: Wig_Billy(Veelers Wheel)
ENECO Purist: TERatcliffe26(Ratcliffe26)
USA Pro Challenge: Wig_Billy(Veelers Wheel)
USA Purist; Wig_Billy(Veelers Wheel)
Vuelta Y Espana: silas chime(Call Me Maybe?)
VUE Purist: Alan Tullett(Pure Fantasy)
Grand Prix Quebec/Montreal: livestrongnick(Rule #5)
GQM Purist: Jonas Lorenzen(Pharmacie Roulant)
Tour of Britain: Wig_Billy(Veelers Wheel)
ToB Purist: huntdeano(huntdeano)
Worlds: technojim(Scotchegg-Energybeer)
Worlds Purist: technojim(Scotchegg-Energybeer)
Autumn Classics: natal1a(natal1aa)
ACL Purist: drheaton(Mostly Hopeless)
Tour of Beijing: Wig_Billy(Veelers Wheel)
TBE Purist: stevemarks(skidders skeletons)

Forum's Scorum's Overall 2013: Wig_Billy(Veelers Wheel)
FSO(Purist): Wig_Billy(Veelers Wheel)

If you're new please join in and if you have questions pop them below and the forum regulars will answer as best we can.

Add new comment

172 comments

ray silvester | 10 years ago
0 likes

D-Day....C'est arrivee

Jonas Lorenzen | 10 years ago
0 likes

..stupid Aussie bus...  14

0 likes

And our first Maillot-Jaune is the in-form stevemarks.....a lot of people had Kittel but Kristoff was probably the key to a good start here.

Happy to be sitting second.

0 likes

Our new leader in the Forum's Scorun's Tour De France.

not another of your relatives is she stevemarks? She uses the numbers for letters as Nata1ia does.......if so those girls are going to cost you a fortune in personalised number plates.

The first 2 stages has seen no change in the Forum's Scorum's Overall competition although robacairns and myself seem to be engaging in our own 'after you...no after you sir' n 7th and eighth.

0 likes

The Marks family are the new Van Poppel's!!

stevemarks | 10 years ago
0 likes

Are you saying my daughters are like a ropey old curry?

13  13  13  13

0 likes

No.....that would be you!!

chrisdstripes | 10 years ago
0 likes

I think I'm second in Forum purist behind North Star! Not sure how that's happened - its that Sagan/Kittel combination I think. Froome and Talansky today - go boys!

chiv30 | 10 years ago
0 likes

Well I'm into the top ten at the tdf after two great stages ( thx mr gerrans) going for the top spot after issing out to Jonas at the Giro  4

0 likes

Pretty bunched up at the top of the Forum's Scorum's Tour GC......rcorbin leads but theres 42 points seperating the top 10.

Banked transfers may well be the key here?

0 likes

Less than 100 off top spot Jonas?

rcorbin remains in yellow after the bunch sprint in Marseille....technojim is best placed purist all the way down in 49th and I think that shows that the first 5 stages have not really gone to the formbook what with Sagan/Cav/Greipel crashes....either that or there are a lot of mountain based purist teams keeping their powder dry.

Has ANYONE had decent breakaway points yet(other than DeGendt,Clarke or Rolland)?

0 likes

A fantastic 190pts on stage 6 saw the 'Ropey old Curry' stevemarks back in front...he also had the Forum's Scorum's Maillot Jaune after stage 1.

rcorbin | 10 years ago
0 likes

back on top after yesterday  16

0 likes

rcorbin definitely had the team for a reduced bunch sprint(classics type finish) with Sagan,Kwiatkowski and Gerrans.....any combo of those and or EBH gave green arrows yesterday whereas those with the fast twitch guys(Cav,Greipel,Kittel etc)got red-arrowed by the Cannondale Express!!

However....those who used transfers to bring in any of those classics type guys may be struggling for a team today and taking penalties.

Today is the first stage where the scenario is clear as a bell.....highest point of the tour(HC climb) followed by a pretty steep finishing climb which means classic tour hairpins on ski-resort roads and chalk markings for riders names......expect to see a lot of them for Thibaut Pinot who I believe is a local and has had to be verbally banned from blowing his whole Tour with a solo attempt today?

0 likes

Well Well....we now have joint leaders in the Forum's Scorum's Tour De France as the Guv'nor Dave Atkinson has joined rcorbin on 1262pts......Dave's listed as the leader but not sure what that's based on(I'm sure I read least number of transfers is the first deciding factor but it may just be that Dave r-e-a-a-a-l-l-l-y wants the Genesis?).
Wig_Billy leads the purists on 754(13pts ahead of the Froome-Free northstar).

The only dope test I'm interested in for game purposes is that of Wig_Billy who leads the Forum's Scorums overall standings by 821 in standard and 1099 in purist.....2nd place man is TERatcliffe in both cases.

0 likes

rcorbin has a decent but far from unassailable 43pt lead in the Forum's Scorum's Tour De France in which his 54 pts for stage 14 was actually a half decent score on the day.
JAndrewHill leads the purist Tour as the only one with more than 1000pts so far but there are 5 rivals within 26pts of him

0 likes

99pts is a b-i-g lead for yellow jersey rcorbin but unlike the real thing people like TERatcliffe and 'The Guv'nor'Dave Atkinson WILL attack on the last stage to Paris as well as today so he has a transition from alps to sprints to negotiate before he can secure the Forum's Scorum's Tour De France......drheaton leads the purists but there are a gaggle of teams just bubbling under(including my pre-race favourite Jonas Lorenzen).

drheaton | 10 years ago
0 likes

Fingers crossed I can wrap up the purist comp tomorrow, got Froome and Quintana for today, Cavendish and Kittel for tomorrow so hopefully that'll give me an advantage over Alan and Jonas who both have Sagan.

drheaton | 10 years ago
0 likes

I think I managed to wrap it up but it could be very close  39

Sagan fourth and El Fares in the break plus points for Fischer at the finish could scupper my changes but I might sneak it by 5 or 10 points. Very close  1

0 likes

Chapeau to rcorbin on his Forum's Scorum's Tour De France victory(he was actuall 2nd game-wide!!)....coming good at the perfect time for his first win in a FS competition this season.

A rather more familiar name(having won Paris-Nice and riding high in the overall standings),drheaton took the purist prize by a mere 11pts from Jonas Lorenzen.

Both have gone on the honours board.

drheaton | 10 years ago
0 likes

Is there any way to access the archived league listings?

I was going to put together a Forum Scorum 'table' based on the World Tour points scoring system (something like 100 down to 10 for top 10 in a week long race, 200 down to 10 for top 20 in a grand tour and something similar for classics) but can't see to get into the older archived races  2

livestrongnick | 10 years ago
0 likes

13 Wow just noticed i won the Forum Scorum Purist for Poland!  13

Managed that with only 7 riders too  19

Now finally got all my Badges, any news on some new ones?  4

0 likes

I'll update this for Poland and San sebastian tomorrow.....had a little post Tour holiday!!

0 likes

Aha....drheaton's enthusiasm for the mini-league becomes apparent....he absolutely mullered the Tour of Poland taking both standard AND purist honours.

As a one off race the Classica San Sebastien has no purist event.....the race itself was won in fine style by backflipbedlem for his first competition honours(no hard feelings that you pushed me into 2nd LOL).

0 likes

Ooops

Myt mistake.....I feel like Carlton Kirby mixing up my drheaton's with my livestrongnick's LOL

Honours board amended.

livestrongnick | 10 years ago
0 likes

Cheers Dave.....I mean Ray  4

0 likes

Wouldn't you just know it......Wig_Billy came storming through on the rails with 198pts in Denver to take the Forum's Scorum's USA Pro Cycling Challenge.
Teratcliffe took the purist edition so both of the Giants of the Forum maintain outstanding form.

TERatcliffe26 | 10 years ago
0 likes

Wig won the purists too Ray

0 likes

Hell's Teeth he did didn't he!!

honours board amended

He's also got a 953pt standard and 761pt purist lead in the Overall.......with your good self 2nd in both categories

obutterwick leads the Forum's Scorum's Vuelta and.....whisper it.....enrique's in THIRD!!

drheaton | 10 years ago
0 likes

The Forum Scorum Vuelta is shaping up to be a great battle. The league top ten is covered by just 100 points and the top 20 by 200 points, plus, all the big hitters are in there.

In the overall, my battle for 4th place with stevemarks looks like its going right down to the wire.

Pages

Latest Comments