Support road.cc

Like this site? Help us to make it better.

Forum's Scorum's Mini League

INDIVIDUAL COMPETITION WINNERS

Tour Down Under: Alan Tullett(Pure Fantasy)
TDU Purist: Gkam84(Up and Doon Hills)
Tour of Qatar: enrique(Team Don Q)
TOQ Purist: Wig_Billy(Veelers Wheel)
Tour of Mediterranean: Wig_Billy(Veelers Wheel)
TOM Purist: TERatcliffe26(Ratcliffe26)
Tour of Oman: Wig_Billy(Veelers Wheel)
TOO Purist: Teratcliffe26(Ratcliffe26)
Volta Ao Algarve: TERatcliffe26(Ratcliffe26)
VAA Purist: Wig_Billy(Veelers Wheel)
Early Classics: Wig_Billy(Veelers Wheel)
EC Purist: stevemarks(skidders skeletons)
Paris-Nice: drheaton(Mostly Hopeless)
PAN Purist: Dave Atkinson(Blankety Blanco)
Tirreno-Adriatico: robacairns(Team Cairns)
TIA Purist: NeilG83(Team Sky Blue)
Volta A Catalunya: Jonas Lorenzen(Pharmacie Roulant)
VAC Purist: stepho(Carrick Climbers)
Vuelta Pais Vasco: JAndrewHill(Les Miserables 2013)
VPV Purist: Wig_Billy(Veelers Wheel)
Giro Del Trentino: TERatcliffe26(Ratcliffe26)
GDT Purist: stevemarks(skidders skeletons)
Spring Classics: makiavelli(Domestique Dis Turbans)
SCL Purist: makiavelli(Domestique Dis Turbans)
Tour Du Romandie: obutterwick(OJB Racing)
TDR Purist: obutterwick(OJB Racing)
Tour Of California: robacairns(Team Cairns)
TOC Purist: NeilG83(Team Sky Blue)
Giro D'Italia: Jonas Lorenzen(Pharmacie Roulant)
GIRO Purist: northstar(Northstar)
Criterium Du Dauphine: nata1ia(nataliaa)
Dauphine purist: huntdeano(huntdeano)
Tour Du Suisse: stevemarks(skidders skeletons)
TDS Purist: TERatcliffe26(Ratcliffe26)
Tour De France: rcorbin(Silent Assassins)
TDF Purist: drheaton(Mostly Hopeless)
Tour Du Pologne: drheaton(Mostly Hopeless)
TDP Purist: livestrongnick(Rule #5)
Clasica San Sebastien: backflipbedlem(backflipbedlem)
CSS Purist:N/A
ENECO Tour: Wig_Billy(Veelers Wheel)
ENECO Purist: TERatcliffe26(Ratcliffe26)
USA Pro Challenge: Wig_Billy(Veelers Wheel)
USA Purist; Wig_Billy(Veelers Wheel)
Vuelta Y Espana: silas chime(Call Me Maybe?)
VUE Purist: Alan Tullett(Pure Fantasy)
Grand Prix Quebec/Montreal: livestrongnick(Rule #5)
GQM Purist: Jonas Lorenzen(Pharmacie Roulant)
Tour of Britain: Wig_Billy(Veelers Wheel)
ToB Purist: huntdeano(huntdeano)
Worlds: technojim(Scotchegg-Energybeer)
Worlds Purist: technojim(Scotchegg-Energybeer)
Autumn Classics: natal1a(natal1aa)
ACL Purist: drheaton(Mostly Hopeless)
Tour of Beijing: Wig_Billy(Veelers Wheel)
TBE Purist: stevemarks(skidders skeletons)

Forum's Scorum's Overall 2013: Wig_Billy(Veelers Wheel)
FSO(Purist): Wig_Billy(Veelers Wheel)

If you're new please join in and if you have questions pop them below and the forum regulars will answer as best we can.

Add new comment

172 comments

TERatcliffe26 replied to ray silvester | 10 years ago
0 likes
ray silvester wrote:

Three purist teams shone in the Forum's Scorum's Tour De Romandie Prologue....Jonas Lorenzen leads JAndrewHill with fluffchucker third.I personally think JAndrewHill's pick of Moser will stand him in good stead during the purist competition but expect to see a few standard teams higher up after stage 1 proper.

Wig_Billy read it well again and continues to dominate the Forum's Scorum's overall. NeilG passed stevemarks for 7th and JAndrewHill broke back into the top 10 at the expense of silas chime who lost 3 places thanks to a miserable 21pt prologue.

For the record Wig_Billy's transfers in for stage 1 were Gavazzi and Meersman....standby for a 1-2!!

Gavazzi Meersman 1-2 suits me fine  1

drheaton | 11 years ago
0 likes

Agreed, the Giro is my favourite race (finished just outside the top 20 last year) and with a real battle for the maglia rosa between Nibali, Wiggins, Scarponi and Hesjedal this year it could be even better.

STEVESPRO 79 | 11 years ago
0 likes

With you on that one drheaton......classics have been a mare for me......Picks have acted more like acrobats than cyclists....forever tumbling through the air....Loved Romandie last year...great scenery...hope Eurosport are showing it again....

Think the Giro is going to be really good this year...

drheaton | 11 years ago
0 likes

TERatcliffe has left me for dead in the battle for 5th and I'm beginning to look over my shoulder. In fairness everyone from 15th up 4th is probably fair game with the first grand tour on the horizon so it could all change.

I personally suck during the one day races so the Tour de Romandie and Giro can't come soon enough for me.

ray silvester | 11 years ago
0 likes

You've got to hand it to makiavelli.....his purist team won the Forum's Scorum's Spring Classics competition beating all standards and purist in the entire game!! He must have really wanted that Garmin/Bidon because it puts the rest of his performances this season to shame!!

Alan Tullett's 132pts saw him overtake chrisdstripes for 2nd in the Overall Forum's Scorum's League.....perhaps The Pigeons have had their wings clipped.In any event Wig_Billy's lead is a huge one in both competitions(561 standard/526 purist).

For my part i'll be glad to get back to stage racing at Romandie.....the one dayers were a nightmare(53rd dropping 240pts to chrisdstripes and 193pts to Alan Tullett......with TERatcliffe also gaining 180pts and starting to put my 4th place under threat.

makiavelli replied to ray silvester | 10 years ago
0 likes
ray silvester wrote:

You've got to hand it to makiavelli.....his purist team won the Forum's Scorum's Spring Classics competition beating all standards and purist in the entire game!! He must have really wanted that Garmin/Bidon because it puts the rest of his performances this season to shame!!

LOL! Apparently an Offredo-like crash which had me out of the bike for a month has done wonders for my Spring classics  10

0 likes

A 180 badge in the last stage saw TERatcliffe comfortably hold on to take the Forum's Scorum's Giro Del Trentino despite high scores from pretty much all of his rivals.....and stevemarks won the bunch sprint to take the Purist division.

Wig_Billy's lead in the forum's Scorum's overall has gone out slightly to 569 standard and 482 purist.....he's easily on schedule to get his 10k badge during the Giro D'Italia!!

0 likes

I've just noticed that despite being 2nd and 4th overall respectively chrisdstripes and myself are yet to win a Forum's Scorum's competition this season.

I'm going to nail my flag to the mast and say that the Giro D'Italia will be one of my main targets this season along with:

1)Top10 game overall(currently 17th)
2)Podium in Forum's Scorum's overall(currently 4th)
3)Podium in London(currently 2nd)

chrisdstripes replied to ray silvester | 11 years ago
0 likes
ray silvester wrote:

I've just noticed that despite being 2nd and 4th overall respectively chrisdstripes and myself are yet to win a Forum's Scorum's competition this season.

I'm going to nail my flag to the mast and say that the Giro D'Italia will be one of my main targets this season along with:

1)Top10 game overall(currently 17th)
2)Podium in Forum's Scorum's overall(currently 4th)
3)Podium in London(currently 2nd)

I'm embracing the anomaly - my aim is podium in Forum Scorum's without winning a single comp!

Purist is interesting, doing well at the mo but pick a bad team for the Giro and you could drop like a stone.  39

0 likes

TERatcliffe probably thought his 64pts on stage 3 would see him lose the lead in the Forum's Scorum's Giro del Trentino but it turned out to be round about par and he will now look to hold on and go back on the honours board for the first time since Algarve.It's a close race for the purist title with stevemarks(245),STEVESPRO79(242)technojim(240) and KeejayOV(238) all lining up at the start of the last climb.

A day of Status Quo in the Forum's Scorum's Overall peloton.....and no I don't mean that they were listening to 'Rocking All Over The World'!!

stevemarks replied to ray silvester | 11 years ago
0 likes
ray silvester wrote:

TERatcliffe probably thought his 64pts on stage 3 would see him lose the lead in the Forum's Scorum's Giro del Trentino but it turned out to be round about par and he will now look to hold on and go back on the honours board for the first time since Algarve.It's a close race for the purist title with stevemarks(245),STEVESPRO79(242)technojim(240) and KeejayOV(238) all lining up at the start of the last climb.

A day of Status Quo in the Forum's Scorum's Overall peloton.....and no I don't mean that they were listening to 'Rocking All Over The World'!!

It's funny really, I think I am really rubbish at the purist thing, and don't pay it too much attention, perhaps that's telling me I spend too much time on my main team??????

My target is for a top 20 place in all the grand tours, and overall would be nice, I need a podium badge too.

Oh and I want to win a bike, just got back from the mechanic and need new chain rings cassettes and chains on both my main bikes.

31  31  31

Should change the chain more often!

0 likes

Kessiakoff's pretty good downhill from what I can remember?

TERatcliffe26 | 11 years ago
0 likes

You could say that which would equal Nibali and sky near the front again, so we shall see a similar result but with smaller gaps, GC will stay the same.

TERatcliffe26 | 11 years ago
0 likes

Im hunting you down Ray!

A nice 149 points in fleche for 24th on the stage and 25th on the stage moved me up to 6th overall in Trentino and 1st in the forum  1

ray silvester replied to TERatcliffe26 | 11 years ago
0 likes
TERatcliffe26 wrote:

Im hunting you down Ray!

A nice 149 points in fleche for 24th on the stage and 25th on the stage moved me up to 6th overall in Trentino and 1st in the forum  1

The Santambrogio pick was a good one TERatcliffe and has indeed put you top of the Forum's Scorum's Giro Del Trentino....stevemarks has taken the purist lead.

The Forum's Scorum's overall climber of the day was silas chime who jumped 2 places into 10th thanks in the main to having Aru.Wig_Billy now has 543 standard and 488 purist lead.

Descenders stage today?

chrisdstripes | 11 years ago
0 likes

My purist team hit the 5k mark today - go Pigeons etc... Shame there's no badge for that  3

0 likes

The Fleche Wallone saw no change in the top 3 of the Forum's Scorum's Spring Classics and makiavelli will be hoping for a double as it is his purist team which is right at the top of the leaderboard!!

stevemarks has jumped up 2 places to 7th in the Forum's Scorum's Overall with a very impressive 144pts swapping places with Jonas Lorenzen.

I can't wait for the one dayers to come to an end!!

0 likes

fluffchucker's 9.25am Bouet transfer is largely responsible for his standard AND purist team's small njoint lead in the Forum's Scorums Giro Del Trentino.

chrisdstripes has moved above Alan Tullett for 2nd place in the Forum's Scorum's overall(Go Pigeons indeed!!).Nobody really managed to take advantage of Wig_Billy's uncharacteristically slow start to an event and so his lead sits at 557 standard and 470 purist.

4 competitors have now broken the 7k barrier!!

#PlaceToBe

fluffchucker replied to ray silvester | 10 years ago
0 likes
ray silvester wrote:

fluffchucker's 9.25am Bouet transfer is largely responsible for his standard AND purist team's small njoint lead in the Forum's Scorums Giro Del Trentino.

chrisdstripes has moved above Alan Tullett for 2nd place in the Forum's Scorum's overall(Go Pigeons indeed!!).Nobody really managed to take advantage of Wig_Billy's uncharacteristically slow start to an event and so his lead sits at 557 standard and 470 purist.

4 competitors have now broken the 7k barrier!!

#PlaceToBe

Ooohh wish I'd seen that earlier - got one right at last

makiavelli | 11 years ago
0 likes

amstel was very bloody for my standard team  10 Took risks that definitely didn't payoff. Talk about bonking!

chrisdstripes | 11 years ago
0 likes

Go Pigeons!  4

0 likes

makiavelli seems to like the the one dayers as his purist team sits at the very top of the Forum's Scorum's Spring Classics competition after a surprising Amstel Gold Race.....ironically they took over from his standard team which had been in the lead until yesterday's events(more like a non-event for me!!).

A very good score of 122 pushed Jonas Lorenzen up 4 places to 7th in the Forum's Scorum' overall showing the quality of his Amstel Gold efforts AND the competitiveness of the lower reaches of the top 10.

Here's a look at the top 10 standard after Amstel

1 Veelers Wheel Wig_Billy 7587
2 purefantasy Alan Tullett 7025
3 The Pigeons chrisdstripes 7017
4 Queens Park Riders ray silvester 6945
5 Ratcliffe26 TERatcliffe26 6689
6 Mostly Hopeless drheaton 6623
7 Pharmacie Roulant Jonas Lorenzen 6504
8 Team Sky Blue NeilG83 6496
9 skidders skeletons stevemarks 6487
10 Les Miserables 2013 JAndrewHill 6471

and the current purist podium with their overall position in the FS league