Support road.cc

Like this site? Help us to make it better.

Breakaway bonus:

I was looking at the scoring for the stage today and it says: Breakaway bonus: 10 points to any rider in a lead breakaway group.

Is this taken at the middle of the race or at any point of the race? It's probably at the halfpoint of the race, like I remember from last year, but it seems a little ambiguous. Anybody got an answer? Thanks!

If you're new please join in and if you have questions pop them below and the forum regulars will answer as best we can.

Add new comment

4 comments

Gkam84 | 10 years ago
0 likes

AND, if I had my way, as I did in my races in the early season, they HAD to finish the race....  19

So a break of 10 or less with a minute or more at the half way point.

Its the FIRST break at halfway aswell, So if there was a group of four 6 minutes up on the peleton, followed by a group of three with 3 minutes. It would be the group of four that score, not all seven  26

Kingrolo | 10 years ago
0 likes

I'm sure last year the rule was any rider that was in a breakaway with a 5 minute lead over the peloton at the halfway point but its not described in the same way this year so that may not be the criteria any more

TERatcliffe26 replied to Kingrolo | 10 years ago
0 likes
Kingrolo wrote:

I'm sure last year the rule was any rider that was in a breakaway with a 5 minute lead over the peloton at the halfway point but its not described in the same way this year so that may not be the criteria any more

Its anyone in a breakaway of 10 riders or less, that has at least a minute advantage at the halfway point

chiv30 | 10 years ago
0 likes

Halfway As far as I understand

Latest Comments