Breakaway bonus:

by enrique   April 14, 2013  

I was looking at the scoring for the stage today and it says: Breakaway bonus: 10 points to any rider in a lead breakaway group.

Is this taken at the middle of the race or at any point of the race? It's probably at the halfpoint of the race, like I remember from last year, but it seems a little ambiguous. Anybody got an answer? Thanks!

4 user comments

Oldest firstNewest firstBest rated

Halfway As far as I understand

posted by chiv30 [871 posts]
14th April 2013 - 15:43

1 Like

I'm sure last year the rule was any rider that was in a breakaway with a 5 minute lead over the peloton at the halfway point but its not described in the same way this year so that may not be the criteria any more

posted by Kingrolo [37 posts]
17th April 2013 - 22:12

1 Like

Kingrolo wrote:
I'm sure last year the rule was any rider that was in a breakaway with a 5 minute lead over the peloton at the halfway point but its not described in the same way this year so that may not be the criteria any more

Its anyone in a breakaway of 10 riders or less, that has at least a minute advantage at the halfway point

posted by TERatcliffe26 [3966 posts]
17th April 2013 - 22:30

0 Likes

AND, if I had my way, as I did in my races in the early season, they HAD to finish the race.... Devil

So a break of 10 or less with a minute or more at the half way point.

Its the FIRST break at halfway aswell, So if there was a group of four 6 minutes up on the peleton, followed by a group of three with 3 minutes. It would be the group of four that score, not all seven Nerd

Gkam84's picture

posted by Gkam84 [8859 posts]
17th April 2013 - 22:42

2 Likes